Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Typical Leaman...he is happy with how the offense played against BU. I guess he thinks scoring 0 goals is going to win a ton of games!

https://***********/MarkDivver/statu...65692276867078
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Leaman should take his ground game and start up a football program at PC. Never heard a hockey coach use that term before.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Leaman should take his ground game and start up a football program at PC. Never heard a hockey coach use that term before.
        At the risk of agreeing with Zlax about Leaman...

Yeah, that's weird. There was no offense from midway of the second period on. Dump the puck in, maybe get a shot on Oettinger that's easily saved and watch BU skate out and cycle endlessly in the PC zone. Bleh. It reminded me irritatingly of the Harvard game last year except Madsen had more to do and Harvard's offense was even scarier.

It should be interesting to see if that's how Clarkson chooses to play or if they just do the same things they did the first two times they beat PC this year.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          At the risk of agreeing with Zlax about Leaman...

Yeah, that's weird. There was no offense from midway of the second period on. Dump the puck in, maybe get a shot on Oettinger that's easily saved and watch BU skate out and cycle endlessly in the PC zone. Bleh. It reminded me irritatingly of the Harvard game last year except Madsen had more to do and Harvard's offense was even scarier.

It should be interesting to see if that's how Clarkson chooses to play or if they just do the same things they did the first two times they beat PC this year.
          I wasn't happy with the strategy against Northeastern until about 3 minutes left in regulation and in the overtime. It was clear that Primeau was a little off on the evening as he was fumbling pucks and struggling. (None of the PC goals were his fault though)

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            I wasn't happy with the strategy against Northeastern until about 3 minutes left in regulation and in the overtime. It was clear that Primeau was a little off on the evening as he was fumbling pucks and struggling. (None of the PC goals were his fault though)
            We don't award style points to our goalkeeper. We record saves, and Primeau has made more saves %wise, and allowed fewer GPG than anyone else in HEA. You scored a fluky first goal (actually, CP was the last to touch it) reminiscent of the way UML beat you in triple OT two years ago. Isn't it amazing the way "puck luck" seems to even out over time.
            Good luck in Bridgeport. Wouldn't it to be fun for our teams to meet in the Frozen Four and try to settle things with another OT game
            Last edited by HHound; 03-20-2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
              We don't award style points to our goalkeeper. We record saves, and Primeau has made more saves %wise, and allowed fewer GPG than anyone else in HEA. You scored a fluky first goal (actually, CP was the last to touch it) reminiscent of the way UML beat you in triple OT two years ago. Isn't it amazing the way "puck luck" seems to even out over time.
              Good luck in Bridgeport. Wouldn't it to be fun for our teams to meet in the Frozen Four and try to settle things with another OT game
              Maybe you misunderstood what I said...he wasn't on his game like he was when they played earlier in the year down at PC where he was dominant. I think PC should have peppered him more as I thought his struggles between the pipes were pretty obvious. And I even said that the goals he allowed were not his fault.

I have more of an issue with Hawkey giving up that second goal against Northeastern on the rebound.

Comment

So with Lucia leaving Minnesota, is anyone aside from you know who nervous that the Rodents will be trying to pick up our coach?

He built two programs, won a national title and set the foundation for another before leaving Union.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

NU Huskies wishing Providence the best of Luck. Kick some ***!!!!
                  These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Providence has chosen Brewport as the official pre-game gathering spot. I would recommend parking at the surface lot across from the rink, it is an easy walk to Brewport. https://brewportct.com/
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Providence has chosen Brewport as the official pre-game gathering spot. I would recommend parking at the surface lot across from the rink, it is an easy walk to Brewport. https://brewportct.com/
                      One other thing I forgot to mention that was the Bridgeport Arena is an easy walk from the train station if you are so inclined, Amtrak stops there as well as Metro North. Walking distance from the Cross Sound Ferry as well.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        So with Lucia leaving Minnesota, is anyone aside from you know who nervous that the Rodents will be trying to pick up our coach?

He built two programs, won a national title and set the foundation for another before leaving Union.
                        He can go to Minnesota for all I care. Maybe we can coax Umile out of retirement and have him come work some of his magic for the Friars once Nate is gone. That would please the one lone UNH supporter masquerading as a Friars fan so we won't have to listen to his incessant complaining about a guy who's gotten teams to the NCAA tournament and a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                          He can go to Minnesota for all I care. Maybe we can coax Umile out of retirement and have him come work some of his magic for the Friars once Nate is gone. That would please the one lone UNH supporter masquerading as a Friars fan so we won't have to listen to his incessant complaining about a guy who's gotten teams to the NCAA tournament and a national championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            I miss how random these threads were when he would argue with a certain sunshine and unicorns Area Clown we all know and love ...

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              I miss how random these threads were when he would argue with a certain sunshine and unicorns Area Clown we all know and love ...
                              I think it's the same type moron, one arguing for Army to stay for so long now another campaigning for Leaman to be fired after a proven record of success. Last time PC went to the NCAA's FIVE times in a row? How many National Championships did PC win before Nate?

Comment

Good luck to the Friars this weekend. Go Hockey East.

Comment

Working...
                                X