Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
    WJAC USA team got a shutout win with Kucharski making 14 saves. On to the finals Saturday.
    I got him for 21 saves against Russia...

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/na...playerid=12255
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Highlights from the game available here

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/vi...-0-postgame-sf

Dugan is leading the tourney in scoring with three goals including one against Russia. I think it was the first goal in the highlight package.

Comment

Pulled in the final giving up three goals on 12 shots

http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/867301

Comment

Halfway mark of the year taking place, any surprises or remarks?
          For me personally, love the mobility on the D core.
          Very young, but has so a lot of promise.

Comment

Record-wise they're about what I expected. The conference the way it is? No. I thought things top to bottom would be improved even with the loss of Notre Dame. I really expected next year is where there are going to be notable improvements with the players that are coming in. While the goal is always to win a championship, I think the top 8 in NCAA is a really strong core of teams right now, and Providence is right below that group.

Agreed I like the mobility on D. Bryson has really stepped up with the loss of Walman, Mirageas has been fun to watch. Baum and Davis have been steady though not really game-changers, nor did I expect them to be. Can't have 6-8 guys on D all with the same skill-set.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
              Record-wise they're about what I expected. The conference the way it is? No. I thought things top to bottom would be improved even with the loss of Notre Dame. I really expected next year is where there are going to be notable improvements with the players that are coming in. While the goal is always to win a championship, I think the top 8 in NCAA is a really strong core of teams right now, and Providence is right below that group.

Agreed I like the mobility on D. Bryson has really stepped up with the loss of Walman, Mirageas has been fun to watch. Baum and Davis have been steady though not really game-changers, nor did I expect them to be. Can't have 6-8 guys on D all with the same skill-set.
              Vincent has been by far their worst defenseman and the freshmen forwards have been meh to be polite. Foley has been the only steady player in the top 12 while guys like Conway and Bjorkqvist through a year and a half have not lived up to the expectations they had coming in.

The talent in hockey east is down this season especially on the offensive end but PC is in an odd spot since they pretty much need to win the hockey east tournament to get an NCAA bid if they have their typical hiccups against UMass, UConn, Merrimack, and Lowell.

Comment

Comment

Something going on with their lineup or would that just be a depth decision?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
                    Something going on with their lineup or would that just be a depth decision?
                    Well Divver said it’s Davis Bunz a kid from Wisconsin, older brother plays at Wisconsin but hasn’t gotten in game as a jr this year. He plays for Central Illinois of USHL which means he is teammates with Mike Callahan so staff has seen him play on a current basis

Issues. Lots of possibilities including which Dmen they bring next year. I guess for time figure it’s because they have 8 dmen on roster after going with 9 for 3 or 4 years and the 8th guy was the 9th guy for 3 years so it gives a more physical option then Baum or Reed to dress.
                    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                      Well Divver said it’s Davis Bunz a kid from Wisconsin, older brother plays at Wisconsin but hasn’t gotten in game as a jr this year. He plays for Central Illinois of USHL which means he is teammates with Mike Callahan so staff has seen him play on a current basis

Issues. Lots of possibilities including which Dmen they bring next year. I guess for time figure it’s because they have 8 dmen on roster after going with 9 for 3 or 4 years and the 8th guy was the 9th guy for 3 years so it gives a more physical option then Baum or Reed to dress.
                      Unless it is just a depth player, less ice time for Baum is a mistake. Desharnais on the other hand should be sitting for the rest of his career. He has a MINUS 10 plus/minus which is tied for third worst in the conference with two guys from Vermont worse than him. Conway is the closest to him on the team in plus/minus with -4. Baum is even on the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post

Oh he has played this year. Two goals and seven assists in 18 games. No clue where you got your numbers from

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=300836

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Oh he has played this year. Two goals and seven assists in 18 games. No clue where you got your numbers from

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=300836
                          I was referring to brother at Wisconsin—kind of a measuring stick of how he might do on collegiate level. I didn’t write that very understandably.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Merry Christmas all you Friars here.

Comment

Second straight year a DRAFTED defenseman has left Providence. No surprise here since a guy that is a MINUS 10 is playing over him.

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...60859086876672

Comment

And Zieky has left also...

https://twitter.com/MarkDivver/statu...75599062315009

Comment

Working...
                                X