X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College regrouping and on to St. Paul

Originally posted by satyking View Post
    Or UML tie but NE is still in the running
    I can see UML beating BC. UCONN beating NU? Who the hell knows? It's that kind of year, UCONN has been better recently and NU might be looking forward to the Beanpot. None of that does us any good is we lose to Maine.
    I see the game was moved to Saturday. Great.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Why was the UMaine game moved? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Wondering that myself. Got the notice a couple weeks back but didn't think anything of it. Thought it was something about it being an alumni and parents weekend going on, possibly to attract more people than a Friday game. I really don't know.

Comment

Greetings! I wanted to stop by and say I had a chance to enjoy a game at Schneider Arena the other weekend. Had some work going on just south of Providence and couldn't resist hanging out an extra few hours for a game before flying home. I was there for the 2-1 OT game against Northeastern on the 23rd. Some fun fast-paced hockey between two good teams. I really liked the remodel on the rink--an awesome intimate on-campus venue. I could see our on-campus rink turning into something very similar down the road (if we were ever going to actually do something with it).

PC has a great team with probably the best name in all of college hockey between the pipes. Really impressed with your defensemen too--you can tell a lot of pressure is put on them from the coaches to move the puck out quick on the breakout to stretch the ice and create odd-man opportunities. Your D is sharp and can make good quick decisions. Fun to watch!
          Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by 3100IRL View Post
            Wondering that myself. Got the notice a couple weeks back but didn't think anything of it. Thought it was something about it being an alumni and parents weekend going on, possibly to attract more people than a Friday game. I really don't know.
            I assume they moved it to avoid conflict with BBall game which begins at 4pm on Saturday and with it being Parents/Alumni weekend looking to get most people possible in the stands for both games.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
              Greetings! I wanted to stop by and say I had a chance to enjoy a game at Schneider Arena the other weekend. Had some work going on just south of Providence and couldn't resist hanging out an extra few hours for a game before flying home. I was there for the 2-1 OT game against Northeastern on the 23rd. Some fun fast-paced hockey between two good teams. I really liked the remodel on the rink--an awesome intimate on-campus venue. I could see our on-campus rink turning into something very similar down the road (if we were ever going to actually do something with it).

PC has a great team with probably the best name in all of college hockey between the pipes. Really impressed with your defensemen too--you can tell a lot of pressure is put on them from the coaches to move the puck out quick on the breakout to stretch the ice and create odd-man opportunities. Your D is sharp and can make good quick decisions. Fun to watch!
              I know a few people who would not agree with your assessment of the defense....

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                I know a few people who would not agree with your assessment of the defense....
                Granted, I'm judging entirely based on one game at home. But at least they're capable!
                Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome aboard, new Friar fan!
                  Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Went digging through D1 player stats and only two teams have 5 players with double digit goals, PC and Penn State. It was an interesting search. Somebody had a player with like 27 goals and the next closest on whatever team it was (Mercyhurst, maybe) had 8. I like the spreading around of the scoring rather than it being a team around a centerpiece player. Makes it harder to gameplan for them with that many contributors on the team. But you go and have an off night and you're playing from behind really fast as we've seen in recent weeks.

Comment

First of 4 big games left for the Friars tonight. Maine playing well since PC beat them in Belfast (was that without their numero uno goalie?)

Hearing a sold out arena tonight with Parents/Alumni weekend. Parking should be a real pleasure.

Glad this game is on a Friday

It would be good if they can jump on maine early, zap any confidence their WJC goalie has.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                        First of 4 big games left for the Friars tonight. Maine playing well since PC beat them in Belfast (was that without their numero uno goalie?)

Hearing a sold out arena tonight with Parents/Alumni weekend. Parking should be a real pleasure.

Glad this game is on a Friday

It would be good if they can jump on maine early, zap any confidence their WJC goalie has.
                        He played in Belfast
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

To quote the great sage Coach Cooley "everybody is on the bubble".
                          This applies to much of Hockey East. From now on every game is crucial, every shift is critical.
                          First key to tonite's game is the play of Pinho and Foley, Hobey Baker and Walter Brown candidates need to step up and lead the way.
                          Second key, special teams, have to produce, not like last week.

Comment

Foley with one heck of a play from the boards in the first period sets up Suku for first goal...

I think Bryson had the second, not sure

Conway with the game winner in yet another OT game for the Friars....

Not liking some of the give aways in the defensive zones seen recently, led to 2 Maine goals.

big penalty kill of a 5 min. major on Wilkins in the third...

Comment

Great hockey game. Congrats on your win. Wish we can meet in HE finals. You have a great well coached team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                                Foley with one heck of a play from the boards in the first period sets up Suku for first goal...

I think Bryson had the second, not sure

Conway with the game winner in yet another OT game for the Friars....

Not liking some of the give aways in the defensive zones seen recently, led to 2 Maine goals.

big penalty kill of a 5 min. major on Wilkins in the third...
                                Don’t you go agreeing with me about the terrible defense on this squad! Tonight, Hawkey saved them and the inexcusable mistakes on defense by upper classmen are getting old. Yes, Nate’s favorite dman Spencer Young is the number one culprit.
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X