Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Bitzer got jobbed!

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6

    Bitzer got jobbed!

    Michael Bitzer from Bemidji State, got screwed over for top goalie in the nation. He was better in every category over the Denver goalie, yet didn't win. What a joke!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,313

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Needs a not crap strength of schedule. Williams should have got it over your guy

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    623

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Seems like a good place as any to remind folks that PANZER WAS ROBBED!

  4. #4
    The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,606
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    Seems like a good place as any to remind folks that PANZER WAS ROBBED!
    And don't forget Reinprech (?sp)!

  5. #5
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    28,954

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    Seems like a good place as any to remind folks that PANZER WAS ROBBED!
    I thought it was Hartigan?

    And no they weren't.

  6. #6
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    184,860

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    And don't forget Reinprech (?sp)!
    Adam Oates too.

  7. #7
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,066

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    It is mildly surprising that the winner played the least minutes and was the only one with zero shutouts of all the nominees.

    I probably would've voted for Williams. Highest save percentage of the group...

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    884

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    I did think it was interesting that Bitzer was 1st team All-American over Jaillet, but didn't win the Richter.

  9. #9

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    I did think it was interesting that Bitzer was 1st team All-American over Jaillet, but didn't win the Richter.
    Interestingly, Connor Hellebuyck is the only Mike Richter Award winner to finish as 1st team All-American. McIntyre, Demko, and Jaillet all were 2nd team All-American goalies.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  10. #10
    College hockey nerd
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    217

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    I guess the thought was that if you're playing a week strength of schedule and if you can't even take your team to the tournament you don't deserve it. The series against North Dakota where he gave up 8 goals in 2 games really didn't make a good case for him either.
    Last edited by Riz; 04-11-2017 at 12:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,313

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Interestingly, Connor Hellebuyck is the only Mike Richter Award winner to finish as 1st team All-American. McIntyre, Demko, and Jaillet all were 2nd team All-American goalies.
    Interestingly Conner Hellebuyck was also not a member of the Hobey top 10, like Jaillet, while McIntyre and Demko were hattrick members. Doesn't seem like the Richter voters are on either of the other committees (or at least not in high enough numbers to show some correlation).
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19?)



    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gone, but probably Gr8Sk8M8

  12. #12
    College hockey nerd
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    217

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Interestingly Conner Hellebuyck was also not a member of the Hobey top 10, like Jaillet, while McIntyre and Demko were hattrick members. Doesn't seem like the Richter voters are on either of the other committees (or at least not in high enough numbers to show some correlation).
    There's definitely no correlation so the voters you would think would all be different.

    On a similar note, you can look at Andy Murray winning NCHC coach of the year, but Jim Montgomery winning national Penrose coach of the year.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    473

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    It is mildly surprising that the winner played the least minutes and was the only one with zero shutouts of all the nominees.

    I probably would've voted for Williams. Highest save percentage of the group...
    Normally I think save percentage is pretty important, but the AHA offenses aren't great. Four AHA teams in bottom 20, and four more are 36-39. I don't think it's a coincidence that three of the top four goalies in save percentage are from AHA. I think it's more that the offenses don't execute than that the goalies are outstanding. Williams, for instance, gave up four to North Dakota and four to Penn State. He did well against St. Lawrence, giving up only two. Parker Gahagen's out of conference stats all game against bottom 20 offenses. The one who impresses me some is Francis Marotte, who held OSU to two goals and Quinnipiac to two.
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  14. #14
    College hockey nerd
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    217

    Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

    Bitzer not on any of the three all-USCHO teams... just saying.

  15. #15
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    24,645
    Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    Needs a not crap strength of schedule. Williams should have got it over your guy
    This. I hate saying it, but the NCHC is just a better conference at the moment. For sure, the top 3-4 teams are head and shoulders above the top 4 of the WCHA, and top 2-3 of the B1G.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •