Bitzer got jobbed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitzer got jobbed!

Michael Bitzer from Bemidji State, got screwed over for top goalie in the nation. He was better in every category over the Denver goalie, yet didn't win. What a joke!

Re: Bitzer got jobbed!

Needs a not crap strength of schedule. Williams should have got it over your guy
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Seems like a good place as any to remind folks that PANZER WAS ROBBED!

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
        And don't forget Reinprech (?sp)!
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
          I thought it was Hartigan?

And no they weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            And don't forget Reinprech (?sp)!
            Adam Oates too.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It is mildly surprising that the winner played the least minutes and was the only one with zero shutouts of all the nominees.

I probably would've voted for Williams. Highest save percentage of the group...

Comment

I did think it was interesting that Bitzer was 1st team All-American over Jaillet, but didn't win the Richter.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                  I did think it was interesting that Bitzer was 1st team All-American over Jaillet, but didn't win the Richter.
                  Interestingly, Connor Hellebuyck is the only Mike Richter Award winner to finish as 1st team All-American. McIntyre, Demko, and Jaillet all were 2nd team All-American goalies.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I guess the thought was that if you're playing a week strength of schedule and if you can't even take your team to the tournament you don't deserve it. The series against North Dakota where he gave up 8 goals in 2 games really didn't make a good case for him either.
                    Last edited by Riz; 04-11-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Interestingly, Connor Hellebuyck is the only Mike Richter Award winner to finish as 1st team All-American. McIntyre, Demko, and Jaillet all were 2nd team All-American goalies.
                      Interestingly Conner Hellebuyck was also not a member of the Hobey top 10, like Jaillet, while McIntyre and Demko were hattrick members. Doesn't seem like the Richter voters are on either of the other committees (or at least not in high enough numbers to show some correlation).
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                        Interestingly Conner Hellebuyck was also not a member of the Hobey top 10, like Jaillet, while McIntyre and Demko were hattrick members. Doesn't seem like the Richter voters are on either of the other committees (or at least not in high enough numbers to show some correlation).
                        There's definitely no correlation so the voters you would think would all be different.

On a similar note, you can look at Andy Murray winning NCHC coach of the year, but Jim Montgomery winning national Penrose coach of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                          It is mildly surprising that the winner played the least minutes and was the only one with zero shutouts of all the nominees.

I probably would've voted for Williams. Highest save percentage of the group...
                          Normally I think save percentage is pretty important, but the AHA offenses aren't great. Four AHA teams in bottom 20, and four more are 36-39. I don't think it's a coincidence that three of the top four goalies in save percentage are from AHA. I think it's more that the offenses don't execute than that the goalies are outstanding. Williams, for instance, gave up four to North Dakota and four to Penn State. He did well against St. Lawrence, giving up only two. Parker Gahagen's out of conference stats all game against bottom 20 offenses. The one who impresses me some is Francis Marotte, who held OSU to two goals and Quinnipiac to two.
                          "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Bitzer not on any of the three all-USCHO teams... just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              Needs a not crap strength of schedule. Williams should have got it over your guy
                              This. I hate saying it, but the NCHC is just a better conference at the moment. For sure, the top 3-4 teams are head and shoulders above the top 4 of the WCHA, and top 2-3 of the B1G.

Comment

Working...
                              X