Future Frozen Four sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Frozen Four sites

Well i never thought they'd care at all but are having more and more RS games.

Comment

Would love to see it in Raleigh, PNC is a very nice arena and there's a lot of northeast and midwest ex-pats here, there are always as many or more Red Wings fans at the games vs. the Hurricanes so it could be well attended. Then again the Canes have the worst attendance in the NHL and it could be a massive flop, also no school close enough to host it.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Well i never thought they'd care at all but are having more and more RS games.
        You have a point but I believe this time of year the schedule is way more packed bc of wrapping up hockey/basketball bc the circus was in town?
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by doorcoach View Post
          Supposedly the NCAA hit prospective hosts with new requirements, including pieces of concessions & parking - could be why Tampa passed, Nashville too.
          I don't know if Nashville is thinking about it any time soon, anyway. Bridgestone Arena has the SEC men's basketball tournament almost every year until 2025. They might have gone for 2022 (when the SEC goes to Tampa for a year), but it won't be until for at least 2026 if Nashville wants to give the Frozen Four a shot.
          Michael Napier - UAH '97
          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
            Would love to see it in Raleigh, PNC is a very nice arena and there's a lot of northeast and midwest ex-pats here, there are always as many or more Red Wings fans at the games vs. the Hurricanes so it could be well attended. Then again the Canes have the worst attendance in the NHL and it could be a massive flop, also no school close enough to host it.
            Nearby host isn't a requisite -- UAH hosted Tampa 2012 and Wisconsin hosted Tampa 2016. UAH could host another Southern locale like Raleigh (but preferrably Nashville if they ever decide to want one). I'd love to see Raleigh host a Frozen Four simply because of proximity, but unfortunately I think we'd be the only ones.
            Michael Napier - UAH '97
            uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
            U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
            NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
            CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
            CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
              Nearby host isn't a requisite -- UAH hosted Tampa 2012 and Wisconsin hosted Tampa 2016. UAH could host another Southern locale like Raleigh (but preferrably Nashville if they ever decide to want one). I'd love to see Raleigh host a Frozen Four simply because of proximity, but unfortunately I think we'd be the only ones.
              I've worn Tech jerseys every time I've gone to Canes games and I always get at least one comment, so I think there's a few that would go, lol.
              2005-2006: 7-25-6
              2006-2007: 18-17-5
              2007-2008: 14-20-5
              2008-2009: 6-25-7
              2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Just like to echo others' sentiments that this list is a letdown. If Nashville and Portland, OR were indeed bidders, it's a bummer at least one of them wasn't picked--would much prefer them over any of the 4 cities that won (even selfishly accounting for Boston helping BU recruiting and being about 5 miles round trip travel). I'm meh on LA and KC--but no less meh than Detroit/Buffalo/the 'Burgh, and at least KC would be new and LA hasn't hosted since 1999. Not sure if Denver or DC bid, but those would have been huge upgrades, too.
                Twitter: @buking21

Comment

Is there a way to find out who submitted bids? Hearing the NCAA changed the process to get a bigger cut of the $ and some venues backed off. I'm wondering if they are reaching the tipping point on ticket prices too. I was hoping for Tampa, Denver, Dallas, DC.

Comment

I think it is interesting. People bunch together on their opinions. AKA herd mentality. We have this same thread along with the one about regional attendance every year. When push comes to shove, all of this is driven by $. The first driver is the NCAA and then the host cities putting together a bid. If the terms get tighter the options are going to shrink. When the second half of the season rolls around in each of these upcoming seasons, they'll be plenty of people lined up to attend the games. It's a great event (and holding steady in it's popularity) no matter where it is hosted. Much of that has to do with the depth of talent.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

I'm still holding out for Denver one of these days. That was a great F4 experience. Of course, if it were in St Paul every year, I wouldn't mind.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I'm still holding out for Denver one of these days. That was a great F4 experience. Of course, if it were in St Paul every year, I wouldn't mind.
                        Denver, D.C., and Tampa were all great sites and I'd love to return. Denver is hazy for me, but I seem to recall plenty to do. D.C. was great and Tampa is a blast as well (plus, the warm weather is nice). I'm not wild about the next few sites, even though Boston is close. Looking forward to St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by King View Post
                          Just like to echo others' sentiments that this list is a letdown. If Nashville and Portland, OR were indeed bidders, it's a bummer at least one of them wasn't picked--would much prefer them over any of the 4 cities that won (even selfishly accounting for Boston helping BU recruiting and being about 5 miles round trip travel). I'm meh on LA and KC--but no less meh than Detroit/Buffalo/the 'Burgh, and at least KC would be new and LA hasn't hosted since 1999. Not sure if Denver or DC bid, but those would have been huge upgrades, too.

First limey, then shrader and now you coming in from the cold to post?????? Hope all is well!! Come back to the BU thread sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            Denver, D.C., and Tampa were all great sites and I'd love to return. Denver is hazy for me, but I seem to recall plenty to do. D.C. was great and Tampa is a blast as well (plus, the warm weather is nice). I'm not wild about the next few sites, even though Boston is close. Looking forward to St. Paul.
                            What he said.

Comment

If the NCAA is demanding a bigger cut of the pie and the organizers still have to make a profit, how high will the ticket prices go to meet those requirements??
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                If the NCAA is demanding a bigger cut of the pie and the organizers still have to make a profit, how high will the ticket prices go to meet those requirements??
                                I hadn't thought about that yet.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G
                                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                                2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X