Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Future Frozen Four sites

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    The NCAA is nothing but an extension of the ultra liberal university system in this country which cannot accept any other viewpoints. They twist the true context and make it appear as something disgusting. However not as disgusting as your location(use of capital letters only) Nick. There are many who hold strong moral values who find such innuendoes vile and there is far more discrimination against them and their views by those who claim to be tolerant. Nick, your true colors shine through the veil.
    ... what

Comment

I wasn't thrilled about Buffalo being a future site until we ate at Kentucky Greg's in Buffalo on our way home from Chicago. I plan to eat every meal there.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
        I wasn't thrilled about Buffalo being a future site until we ate at Kentucky Greg's in Buffalo on our way home from Chicago. I plan to eat every meal there.
        I don't doubt that there's excellent food up in Buffalo, but what else is there?
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          The NCAA is nothing but an extension of the ultra liberal university system in this country which cannot accept any other viewpoints. They twist the true context and make it appear as something disgusting. However not as disgusting as your location(use of capital letters only) Nick. There are many who hold strong moral values who find such innuendoes vile and there is far more discrimination against them and their views by those who claim to be tolerant. Nick, your true colors shine through the veil.

fun fact: intolerance of intolerance is actually quite tolerant.
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            The ice doesn't get completely melted.

I had a conversation once with the ice manager for Ritter Arena at RIT when they hosted the D3 women's championship the last year RIT women were D3. It was quite interesting.

They receive the vinyl logos from the NCAA. All they do is melt the area where the logos are going to go. And even then, they don't melt entirely to the cement. They actually place the logos on top of the remaining ice.

Then, they flood those areas again followed by running the Zamboni over the entire surface many, many times to make sure everything is evened out.

Granted, it takes a while, but they don't melt the entire ice surface.

To reverse the process is even simpler. Melt again, rip off the logos exposing the original logos, flood, and run Zamboni lots of times.
            Thanks for the education. Didn't know you could selectively melt areas.

However, like someone else pointed out, half the teams have to be on the road the last weekend. It's simple math. :-)

So, you simply make the FF year the year you have to be on the road the final weekend.
            And of course if your team sucks, you're probably better off if they're on a roadie to Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
              Thanks for the education. Didn't know you could selectively melt areas.
              http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...ce-switch-out/

r

Comment

The United Center tweeted this out. https://***********/unitedcenter/sta...69594550050816
                Providence College
                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                  Would the cost for the time, equipment and manpower to put in ice be worth it for three games over two days?
                  I forgot where I read this, but when our governor forced us all to gift 9 digits to some billionaires, I do recall reading a quote about how they wanted to host special events at the new arena, and I believe it was in the context of having icemaking capabilities despite the Admirals moving across the road to Whatever They're Calling It Now Arena.

(Maybe not evident from the quoted post here, but this is in response to some discussion about Milwaukee and the new arena replacing the Bradley Center)
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

2018 Regionals

North East: DCU Center, Worcester (Host Holy Cross)
                    East: Webster Bank Arena, Bridgeport (Yale and Fairfield)
                    West: PREMIER Center, Sioux Falls (NoDak)
                    Midwest: PPL Center, Allentown (Penn State)

2019 Regionals
                    Dunkin' Donuts Center, Providence (Brown)
                    SNHU Arena, Manchester (UNH)
                    Scheels Arena, Fargo (NoDak)
                    PPL Center, Allentown (Penn State)

2019 Championship
                    Keybank Center, Buffalo NY (MAAC)

2020 Championship
                    Little Caesars Arena, Detroit, (Michigan State and Detroit Sports Commission)

PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburg, (RMU and SportsPITTSBURGH)

TD Garden, Boston, (Hockey East adn Mass Sports Marketing Office)
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Allentown is now in the West?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Midwest, but it seems they were the only midwest bid. Wonder if Albany could have pulled down a "midwest" bid this year
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Well this whole process is broken...if the NCAA can't get bids from more locations in the actual midwest/west then they need to change the process...
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            Midwest, but it seems they were the only midwest bid. Wonder if Albany could have pulled down a "midwest" bid this year
                            It seems that the NCAA has taken the approach that members from the NCHC/WCHA/B1G will be considered for 2 regionals while HEA/ECAC/AHA will get the other 2...wonder if Air Force could bid on the east or northeast regional?
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Anything west of I-95 may be considered west.

Signed,
                              NCAA regionals selection committee
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Um, uh, does the host city for the 2018 West Regional have to rename to "Hawks Falls" before March 2018?
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X