Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Future Frozen Four sites

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Re: Future Frozen Four sites

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    My guess is because, as a joke, it's not actually funny.

Not sure about the relevance of New York here.
    Its not a joke, why is one ok? The NCAA acts all superior and a name is name...its ok in one instance but not another? Its all about the same thing. Not to mention the NCAA chooses to base its operations in Indianapolis, Indiana...
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    New York City to Portland, ME: 315 miles
    UND campus to Sanford Premier Center ("Hawks" Falls): 320 miles.

And how many DI programs do you drive past from NYC to Portland?
    I guess easterners can't be bothered with more than a 100 mile drive. < shrug >
    Make the drive from Manhattan to Portland, Maine then come back and talk about it in comparison to Grand Forks to Sioux Falls.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Rochester hosted a Regional once (I believe it was the last time Clarkson made the NCAA playoffs).

I know Rochester bid the last time selections were made, but didn't get picked. I don't know if they bid this time around.
    Last time we were a #1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Make the drive from Manhattan to Portland, Maine then come back and talk about it in comparison to Grand Forks to Sioux Falls.
    Carly Simon never wrote about Sioux Falls (or Grand Forks).

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Last time we were a #1 seed.
    And UMass beat them in the first game. Thanks to a certain goalie named Jonathan Quick...

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Heck, I've made the drive from Manhattan to Portland, Maine, in one day. I've also driven from Manhattan to Grand Forks in one day.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Is it arenas that make the bids or the schools/leagues that host? Isn't there an arena in Rochester NY where the AHL teams play? Or the Mass Mutual center in Springfield?
    Springfield is definitely west. Ask anybody who lives east of Needham.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Carly Simon never wrote about Sioux Falls (or Grand Forks).
    You obviously didn't know that Grand Forks was the inspiration for The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Allentown is now in the West?
    Why would Penn State be considered host in an arena almost three hours away from Penn State? And why wouldn't they be hosting at an arena like Pegula Ice Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Why would Penn State be considered host in an arena almost three hours away from Penn State? And why wouldn't they be hosting at an arena like Pegula Ice Arena?
    because some schools or conference needs to be host and if possible bids should be from off campus facilities, if on campus was allowed, PSU wouldn't be the only one.

All Hail

Why would Penn State be considered host in an arena almost three hours away from Penn State?...
    The proximity of the host to the venue is irrelevant. Alaska-Anchorage hosted the 1999 FF in Anaheim; Alabama-Huntsville and Wisconsin (separately) hosted the two FFs held in Tampa
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    The proximity of the host to the venue is irrelevant. Alaska-Anchorage hosted the 1999 FF in Anaheim; Alabama-Huntsville and Wisconsin (separately) hosted the two FFs held in Tampa
    Generally though regionals are relatively close to the host but 4 hours in the west/Midwest isn't unusual for distance from host to regional.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    And UMass beat them in the first game. Thanks to a certain goalie named Jonathan Quick...
    1-0 OT. I think there were all of 300 people there.

And Toot playing the Trap which George could never solve.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    3 hrs?

On horseback

Do we even know if certain bids were denied? Under the current 4 neutral site regional system, i don't see why anyone cares that Pennsylvania is the "midwest" regional. It's just a name, semantics. If you want a new system like campus games, fine. But if we don't know who bid then I don't know how you can complain. Is there a "western" bid that was laughed at by the committee?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Do we even know if certain bids were denied? Under the current 4 neutral site regional system, i don't see why anyone cares that Pennsylvania is the "midwest" regional. It's just a name, semantics. If you want a new system like campus games, fine. But if we don't know who bid then I don't know how you can complain. Is there a "western" bid that was laughed at by the committee?
    We should ask the Futile Four committee.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    the point is that the system is broken if no one in the west/Midwest is except for UND and PSU.

there's a good buck in that racket.

the big10 is a midwest conference. psu is in the big10. ergo they host a midwest regional.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    the big10 is a midwest conference. psu is in the big10. ergo they host a midwest regional.
    So Air Force could host the east regional in denver?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    the point is that the system is broken if no one in the west/Midwest is except for UND and PSU.
    Traditional west/midwest bids would be somewhere in Minnesota and Michigan. Are venues in those states putting in bids? Is there something scaring off potential bidders?

Thread Information