• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Frozen Four sites

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Do you know who else put in bids?
    LA was in the mix
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      I remember all the people who complained when Tampa was first awarded. Tampa proved them wrong!
      Too bad, no TB...but that's the NC$$.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        I remember all the people who complained when Tampa was first awarded. Tampa proved them wrong!
        Yeah, I haven't attended as many different venues for Frozen Fours as a lot of posters here, but Tampa has been (by far) my favorite.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
          LA was in the mix
          The NCHC put in a bid for KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            I am surprised that Las Vegas is not in the mix...they are jumping into the NHL this up coming NHL season and have the NFL Raiders(well maybe?), and a report that they are interested in a MLB Franchise and that MLB is looking into it also...so a Frozen 4 would seem right up there alley.
            According to the selection committee, Las Vegas is not eligible for consideration because of legalized sports betting

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymom of 2 View Post
              According to the selection committee, Las Vegas is not eligible for consideration because of legalized sports betting
              I was just about to suggest that may be the reason. NCAA can't tempt everyone with sports books so close. Of course, they have no problem helping to sweep pedo and rape scandals at major football schools under the rug ASAP. It's all about their bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by doorcoach View Post
                Supposedly the NCAA hit prospective hosts with new requirements, including pieces of concessions & parking - could be why Tampa passed, Nashville too.
                If the NCAA is looking for a cut of the concessions, you can bet there will be beer sales

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                  Maybe for a regional not a final
                  Final. Trust me.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Oregon or Maine?
                    Oregon.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

The NCAA, and most leagues, are slowing easing on shying away from hosting events in Las Vegas. With the NFL going there, that'll likely open the door for the NCAA to start hosting some events there.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I was just about to suggest that may be the reason. NCAA can't tempt everyone with sports books so close. Of course, they have no problem helping to sweep pedo and rape scandals at major football schools under the rug ASAP. It's all about their bottom line.
                        Correct....$$$$$ talks and those big schools look down on smaller schools and hockey. Except now maybe the Lesser then 10/ 7 Team big10 will advocate there wants that will only be in there best interest.

Comment

Would have liked to see at least one NEW site in there.

Portland, OR is a great city - that could've been fun.

Comment

This new set of Frozen Four sites is awful if true.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              This new set of Frozen Four sites is awful if true.
                              What cities are missing that would change your feelings away from awful?

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                                What cities are missing that would change your feelings away from awful?
                                Tampa, Nashville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles.... etc. I understand these cities have to make bids, etc, but either way, as a fan I'm not thrilled with the list.
                                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                                X