This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Today is 5 July 2017. There are 87 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 6 July 2017. There are 86 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 7 July 2017. There are 85 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Gonna be a good battle in net this year. I watched the Vancouver scrimmage last night & Marshall is solid. He split the duties in net in each period & gave up 1g in the 1st period of 5 on 5....none in the 4 on 4 in the 2nd.....& 1g in the 3 on 3 in the 3rd. He also stopped all 7 SOG in the SO. All players took part in the SO. LM was the only goalie to not allow a goal.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Gonna be a good battle in net this year. I watched the Vancouver scrimmage last night & Marshall is solid. He split the duties in net in each period & gave up 1g in the 1st period of 5 on 5....none in the 4 on 4 in the 2nd.....& 1g in the 3 on 3 in the 3rd. He also stopped all 7 SOG in the SO. All players took part in the SO. LM was the only goalie to not allow a goal.
                That's great to hear. It can't hurt to have two competent goalies.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 8 July 2017. There are 84 days (12 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    That's great to hear. It can't hurt to have two competent goalies.
                    Two competent goalies can be tough in terms of who can get #1 and build a rhythm. Granted, there are plenty of great teams that switch games, and given how prone we are to injury, it's not too bad of an idea. I'm a little on the fence, but probably also because it's a new coach, so I don't know how things are going to go down. Hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Two competent goalies can be tough in terms of who can get #1 and build a rhythm. Granted, there are plenty of great teams that switch games, and given how prone we are to injury, it's not too bad of an idea. I'm a little on the fence, but probably also because it's a new coach, so I don't know how things are going to go down. Hoping for the best.
                      Competition at any position is a good thing. As long as the players ego doesn't get in the way, we will be fine.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        I expect to see less of the injury bug now that SA & his ridiculous 3 hour practices (where a lot of the injuries occured) are gone. It should be worth noting how RPI’s season took an uptick after the Holiday break when after being confronted by some disgruntled players SA cut back practice time. Sadly it cost 1 player his roster spot & another to start looking to go elsewhere.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I expect to see less of the injury bug now that SA & his ridiculous 3 hour practices (where a lot of the injuries occured) are gone. It should be worth noting how RPI’s season took an uptick after the Holiday break when after being confronted by some disgruntled players SA cut back practice time. Sadly it cost 1 player his roster spot & another to start looking to go elsewhere.
                          That's interesting. If I understand correctly, CH was cut because he complained about practices length and yet SA followed his advice.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            That's interesting. If I understand correctly, CH was cut because he complained about practices length and yet SA followed his advice.
                            I think it was a bit more than complaining

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              I think it was a bit more than complaining
                              Yes, it was more than that but the frustration a lot of players had with SA boiled over during that break.

Comment

Where are you getting your information from? three hour practices? CH complaining about the practices? none of this is remotely accurate.

Comment

Working...
                                X