X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    He obviously has a good eye when it comes to recruiting goalies...... In his time at Hamilton College, Jewell had several notable accomplishments in helping to build that program, as well. He was responsible for recruiting goaltender Evan Buitenhuis, who won the Division III National Player of the Year award this past season. This past season also saw Hamilton make its first-ever NCAA tournament appearance, with Jewell’s two seasons of recruiting playing a role in helping the Continentals make history.....http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=2650688
    I wonder if he had anything to do with Bloomington drafting Cory Babichuk.

I assume that you know that Buitenhuis played on the same Toronto Lakeshore team with Prapavessis and Hayhurst in 03-04.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I wonder if he had anything to do with Bloomington drafting Cory Babichuk.

I assume that you know that Buitenhuis played on the same Toronto Lakeshore team with Prapavessis and Hayhurst in 03-04.
      As the Dir. of Scouting for Bloomy I’m sure he did. In all honesty I didn’t put it together with Buitenhuis till you mentioned it.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        As the Dir. of Scouting for Bloomy I’m sure he did. In all honesty I didn’t put it together with Buitenhuis till you mentioned it.
        You usually remember a lot more names than I do. I recall thinking that we might have an interest in Buitenhuis, but it wasn't clear if he was good or just playing on a very good TLP team.

Babichuk will have a tough time making Bloomington's squad since he is an import.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          We didn't name a thread after any of them.
          RPI 2017 Part III: The Crown Jewell

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 14 June 2017. There are 109 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 15 June 2017. There are 108 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

finally

direct link to schedule http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey&
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-15-2017, 01:31 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Correction

Today is 15 June 2017. There are 107 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just in time for the halfway point of the offseason at 6/17/17 19:52:30.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We apparently have a new Zamboni.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-15-2017, 02:49 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Looking at the new schedule, I see no home game labeled as Autism Night.

I might be about to get some people really upset at me for suggesting it, but I wonder if Coach Smith did some pushing back when he was informed that it had become somewhat of a tradition for RPI to give up a considerable portion of its home ice advantage (in the form of the band, the goal horns, and loud, enthusiastic cheering) in one game per year.

Maybe he'd be willing to reinstitute the tradition if we could get the team that comes to Troy for Autism Night to agree to hold its own Autism Night when RPI goes to visit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            Looking at the new schedule, I see no home game labeled as Autism Night.

I might be about to get some people really upset at me for suggesting it, but I wonder if Coach Smith did some pushing back when he was informed that it had become somewhat of a tradition for RPI to give up a considerable portion of its home ice advantage (in the form of the band, the goal horns, and loud, enthusiastic cheering) in one game per year.

Maybe he'd be willing to reinstitute the tradition if we could get the team that comes to Troy for Autism Night to agree to hold its own Autism Night when RPI goes to visit them.
                            I’m not sure I’ld call it a tradition Waite. It was the work of SA & Aspy so maybe Aspy could shed some light on the subject, i.e. the future of the game.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 16 June 2017. There are 106 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-16-2017, 05:49 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It sucks that there's no home game for almost all of October (just the Union home/home). That's the way the chips fall, I guess. Hopefully Smith has some good ideas to balance it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X