X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    ....like I was saying about the purists (see bold) - most of the hockey world understands the newness of the market and moves on. If you feel better denigrating them, go for it.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Maybe if UNH stopped throwing fish, they might actually win something.
      Originally posted by moe24
      Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Today is 8 June 2017. There are 115 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
          No one at RPI should be annoyed. They have stolen their share of chants from Cornell. Good for NHL to have a rink with atmosphere like that.
          The argument sorts of reminds me of Don Cherry's sour grapes (pun intended) after WJC 2010, when he claimed the USA only won gold because of them, after hearing claims about American development.

Media can claim what they want. At the end of the day, it promotes the sport, which I'm sure all of us can agree is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
            Isn't there another rivalry game that involves "throwing of the fish", and don't both those teams have hardware?

Comment

• Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
              Winner!!!
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

For the 1st in-season thread, how about "RPI Hockey 2017-18: Troy Goes to Troy" as a sequel to this thread?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  For the 1st in-season thread, how about "RPI Hockey 2017-18: Troy Goes to Troy" as a sequel to this thread?
                  Remember what happened the last time we referenced players in the thread?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Remember what happened the last time we referenced players in the thread?
                    Yes. That was one reason why I posted this at this time.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 9 June 2017. There are 114 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 10 June 2017. There are 113 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 11 June 2017. There are 112 days (16 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI and Maine finally have an open weekend, thanks to one of Maine's games being moved. I wouldn't be surprised if we finally see an announcement of the schedule this week. Here's what I'm predicting that we don't already know:

Maine comes to RPI over New Years
                            Notre Dame comes to RPI during Union's finals week
                            We play the 3rd game with CCT during the normal time they'd come to town.
                            We play some Atlantic or HEA team on either the 6th or 7th of October. Only HEA team available that weekend is Merrimack, so it'll probably be a Atlantic team, maybe Army or Bentley...
                            There is an opening for Harvard around the 8th or 9th of December, but knowing the schools, it'll probably be some random Tuesday.

Comment

How far in advance is the schedule made?
                              It seems to me that Notre Dame and Maine would be SA opponents.
                              Did Smith get the opportunity to weigh in on these games?
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                How far in advance is the schedule made?
                                It seems to me that Notre Dame and Maine would be SA opponents.
                                Did Smith get the opportunity to weigh in on these games?
                                Smith mentioned that, this year, he has preserved the schedule Appert created. As far as how much in advance, it really depends.
                                The ECAC, as far as I know, goes a few years in advance and releases their information early, although has to take into account regular occurrences, such as finals (hence why we never have conference games the week before Thanksgiving because of Union's finals), the Mayor's cup (why would they deny opportunity as such a large gate), the Beanpot (hey it's tradition), and so on. Leagues are generally responsible for assisting with the scheduling of league games, because they must guarantee their member schools have enough games to qualify for the national tournament (20 is the minimum), and so they almost always take precedence.
                                Non-conference games, usually scheduled between the teams themselves, are typically multi-year contracts in order to make sure there's an even number of home games. Hence why Ohio State, Maine, and RIT/Niagara are on the schedule: They complete the contract started last year to have two years worth of games: One year here, one year there. Notre Dame was definitely Appert negotiated; whether these are returns for Icebreaker/Shillelagh (probably not because the Icebreaker committee and ND pays for schools to come in for tournaments) or something else, I don't know. There's no guarantee that multi-year contracts have to be done (as we typically see with certain schools in the Big Roll-a-D20 doing 2:1 or one-and-done, and then also in the case of tournaments where the host brings in all three teams, and also neutral sites), but it is a general consensus. These are usually negotiated mid-season, and the dates are finalized either during the previous season or the Naples conference.
                                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-11-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X