This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Me three, although I have not changed my donation in many years and have ignored all the mail about adding RPI to my will. I suspect that if I go to my 50-year reunion in 2018, they will try to convince me of that.
    Anyone have the schedule yet or Rough draft
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      It seems as though some people choose not to donate to RPI because they're concerned that if they do, RPI may not spend all of their money the way they think it ought to be spent to support the students and the school.

Others, it seems, choose not to donate because they don't like the fact that Dr. Jackson has accepted appointments from Democratic Presidents Clinton and Obama.

Well, I know one thing. If I donate zero to RPI, RPI will spend zero of my money to support the students and the school.

I intend to continue to donate to RPI as long as I am able - even if, in the future, we have a president who once accepted an appointment from President Bush I, Bush II, or Trump.
      I could give a **** what her political leanings are. She's driven the school directly into the ****ing ground.

Not a penny until she's gone. If the school wants to support itself and its students, they'll do the right thing.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
        Anyone have the schedule yet or Rough draft
        Anything we know is on the schedules thread. There are some discrepancies from what we heard, so that's what's taking so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          I could give a **** what her political leanings are. She's driven the school directly into the ****ing ground.

Not a penny until she's gone. If the school wants to support itself and its students, they'll do the right thing.
          QfT.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post

Could not have posted it or worded it any better. We have felt this way for several years and the feeling just keeps growing. I will always be proud of the school that accepted me, took a chance with me, and helped carve out my future. But that does not mean I have to be happy with the way it is run.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I just got a bad reputation comment. Please starting signing your name to them. Btw- those of you who give, you don't give enough to keep up with Shirley's spending. Yea you waite 21.
              Last edited by AspyDad; 05-23-2017, 03:04 PM.
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                I just got a bad reputation comment. Please starting signing your name to them. Btw- those of you who give, you don't give enough to keep up with Shirley's spending. Yea you waite 21.
                Unfortunately, I have to spread more...

And BTW, you can actually see who it was if you were an Extra member... but I don't know if the cost is worth it...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  What appointments from Obama has she accepted? Last I checked, she's still head of RPI, meaning she didn't accept another position. Republican and Democrat is just a curtain.
                  President Obama appointed her to the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology in 2009 and she served on that council until 2014. Obviously, it was not the sort of job that required her to give up her position as RPI's president.

Comment

Today is 24 May 2017. There are 130 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      They can do better than hiring RPI grads? Does that imply that they are admitting that they do a poor job of preparing RPI students for the job market compared to other schools?
                      It could just as easily mean that RPI graduates command such a high starting salary that they can find someone to do a slightly inferior job for a lot less money....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Today is 25 May 2017. There are 129 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Today is 25 May 2017. There are 129 days until RPI's next game.

Doesn't an old rpi goalie work for the preds? Maybe we can get the cup to the ruc
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Congrats to Kirk MacDonald named head coach of Reading Royals, ECHL affiliate of the Flyers. Way to go Kirk!

https://mobile.***********/RRoyalsHo...57500945276928
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Doesn't an old rpi goalie work for the preds? Maybe we can get the cup to the ruc
                                That would be Jeremy Coupal. Coup was the video co-ordinator for the Preds but has been with Edmonton the past 2 years.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X