X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    I've been a fairly long time poster in here (not nearly as long as RB and a few others), but these posts by Charlene reviewing the year-end banquet were some of the most well-written posts done in here in a long time. She must have been taking notes during the event, no way I could have remembered all of that without writing things down. Anyway, well done and don't be a stranger on this thread....
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    You have to know Charlene to understand. her return may well be the best news i have seen on this thread. Makes Jenny and I feel that we are now even happier to return. Hope to see her down at Princeton next year. Welcome back CM!!!!
    Wow - you guys are making me blush! Sorry to be so late responding, but thanks so much for the high praise! And Dr. D, seeing that you were back on the boards was a big part of the reason I decided to give it a go too. Seems to me like you have always been the voice of reason here, so if you're around things can't get too far out of hand! I expect to be at Princeton next year as usual - hoping to see you and Jenny there.
    Charlene

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      This is very reassuring to read. I'm especially glad to see that he's already busy mending fences with the disenchanted alums and that he felt the search process was very thorough and well done (though he may be just a bit biased on that one!).
      Charlene

Comment

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
        This is very reassuring to read. I'm especially glad to see that he's already busy mending fences with the disenchanted alums and that he felt the search process was very thorough and well done (though he may be just a bit biased on that one!).
        I think that his comments on the search process have to be mostly ignored because of his part in it, however I agree that it is good that he is trying to mend fences,
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

One more post, and then I'll fade into the woodwork again for a while. And apologies if you've covered this somewhere earlier that I've forgotten about.

Am I right in thinking that the Big Red Freakout and Senior Night are going to have to be the same night again next season? It could have been Saturday, February 10th, if we weren't letting Harvard mess us up yet again, but for about the umpteenth time their game is being rescheduled. That leaves February 24th, the last game of the season and therefore Senior Night, as the only home Saturday game once the students get back for the spring semester, right? I hate when that happens.
          Charlene

Comment

I think that his comments on the search process have to be mostly ignored because of his part in it, however I agree that it is good that he is trying to mend fences,
            You're right, Ralph, although he did give a lot of details on how many different people they asked about him and how far into the past they dug that, unless they simply aren't true, speak to the thoroughness of the investigations. It sounds good, anyway.
            Charlene

Comment

Today is 6 May 2017. There are 148 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
                You're right, Ralph, although he did give a lot of details on how many different people they asked about him and how far into the past they dug that, unless they simply aren't true, speak to the thoroughness of the investigations. It sounds good, anyway.
                I doubt that he said anything that is false. I think that if other schools in the future go this route in selecting hockey coaches, we will know that it was a good idea.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                  Finals are on... seniors (and Louuu) are getting ready to graduate. May is always a good month.
                  Drew Melanson is also graduating ...... and moving on to BU for his Master's degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                    Drew Melanson is also graduating ...... and moving on to BU for his Master's degree.
                    Has that rumor been confirmed? (the BU part that is)

He listed in his LinkedIn account that he expects a master's from RPI in 2018.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-06-2017, 05:08 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Has that rumor been confirmed? (the BU part that is)

He listed in his LinkedIn account that he expects a master's from RPI in 2018.
                      It's confirmed. He was talking about it at the Banquet.

Comment

Down 2 forwards before the Golf Outing? Welcome to Troy Coach Smith.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Down 2 forwards before the Golf Outing? Welcome to Troy Coach Smith.
                          Hearing other player movement but haven't been able to confirm.

Comment

I wonder if Jon Bendorf will be coming this fall since he is in the directory.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                              Hearing other player movement but haven't been able to confirm.
                              Not good.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 7 May 2017. There are 147 days (21 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X