Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    They can do better than hiring RPI grads? Does that imply that they are admitting that they do a poor job of preparing RPI students for the job market compared to other schools?
    It almost seems like over-compensating for playing favorites. Or, as the College Republicans used to jokingly paraphrase RPI's motto, "Why not change the status quo?"

Not to mention, with so many people PO'd about SAJ, she doesn't want to take any more chances on a "no confidence" vote.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It almost seems like over-compensating for playing favorites. Or, as the College Republicans used to jokingly paraphrase RPI's motto, "Why not change the status quo?" Not to mention, with so many people PO'd about SAJ, she doesn't want to take any more chances on a "no confidence" vote.
    SAJ is obviously very accomplished but it seems not a leader? Her comments regarding the $20 mil funding of the HFH seemed to flippant or is that just how I saw it?

Quote Originally Posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
    SAJ is obviously very accomplished but it seems not a leader? Her comments regarding the $20 mil funding of the HFH seemed to flippant or is that just how I saw it?
    She seems to lead the Board of Trustees around on a leash............

Eternal optimist

Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    They are contemplating an afternoon game for the Mayor's Cup.
    That contradicts what Kevin Beattie just told us today on the RPI hockey listserv:
    "Though the final schedule has yet to be finalized, the Mayor’s Cup game is set for January 27 at the Times Union Center. It will likely face off at 6pm, following a game between the RPI and Union women’s teams."
    Charlene

Interesting point. It's hard to believe that they would go to the trouble of making ice for just one game.
    Waite 21 and Ralph bring up a good point. Just wondering how long the TU Center will keep the ice up and what condition the ice will be in for The Mayor's Cup game? Re: the Jan 27th date. I could find nothing on the TU Center or Siena Basketball websites to suggest what events are scheduled around/near the date for the Mayor's Cup.

Eternal optimist

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    We are usually not too difficult to find.
    I've noticed that. I'll be looking for you.
    Charlene

Doesn't the TU also have Disney on Ice shows? Maybe they will make ice for that and the Mayor's Cup games will be played around the time of that.

It isn't rocket science to create an atmosphere that welcomes and applauds the alumni. Creating positive relationships certainly pays off. At the HFH, there are the "boxes" at the west end that sit empty most games. You could easily use them as a special area for alums from out of town, etc. If that area is vacant most games, why was it built? Recruiting hockey alumni to advise on the upgrades to HFH is also a good idea. If they felt slighted over the hiring of the coach, try to make it up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    Doesn't the TU also have Disney on Ice shows? Maybe they will make ice for that and the Mayor's Cup games will be played around the time of that.
    That would make sense. Right now, the TU site shows no events beyond November. Neither the Siena site not the MAAC site
    (their league) have anything on their 17/18 schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmarkham View Post
    That contradicts what Kevin Beattie just told us today on the RPI hockey listserv:
    "Though the final schedule has yet to be finalized, the Mayor’s Cup game is set for January 27 at the Times Union Center. It will likely face off at 6pm, following a game between the RPI and Union women’s teams."
    Well I guess that makes the women's game the afternoon start. They did mention the possibility of the 2 games but I haven't heard anything definite so that makes sense. Anything better than a weeknight.

Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    It isn't rocket science to create an atmosphere that welcomes and applauds the alumni. Creating positive relationships certainly pays off. At the HFH, there are the "boxes" at the west end that sit empty most games. You could easily use them as a special area for alums from out of town, etc. If that area is vacant most games, why was it built? Recruiting hockey alumni to advise on the upgrades to HFH is also a good idea. If they felt slighted over the hiring of the coach, try to make it up to them.
    Gotta say those boxes are disappointing looking. Positive relationships are key, but you usually do not create those buy straight out asking for money.

Usually it's the trustees that have pull on the Pres unless of course there's a winning DI football coach.

Her comments regarding the $20 mil funding of the HFH seemed to flippant or is that just how I saw it?
    She has no intention on improving HFH..zero.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    She has no intention on improving HFH..zero.
    How would you know your inside source is now the with the U18 team?

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    When did you become so negative about the program and school?? Never mind I remember, it was when your boy toy was released.....

Today is 20 May 2017. There are 134 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.

I had wondered if DM would be included since he wasn't at Senior Day, but here neither DM nor LN are included.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

If you call using the Clinton machine an accomplishment...

Whether or not she's serious about the 20 mil "investment", given the bond rating just went down, where's she going to get that money? RPI will soon be a junk investment. I guarantee, once she retires (assuming the Clintons and cronies aren't artificial beings), things start turning positive.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    A lack of confidence in Dr. Jackson is one of the reasons I don't donate, and why several others I know don't.
    That is brilliant. I am sure that you and your friends lack of contributions have affected her salary.
    The only people that get hurt by not supporting the school (not Shirley) are the current and future students. Oh yeah, and the school itself.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    I was flat out told by one of the admins in an interview that I had with RPI that "RPI doesn't typically hire their own graduates" which I know is a cop out. When I asked why I was told that they can do better. In the back of my mind, I feel that's one of the reasons why Ben didn't get the job, regardless of how well his interview went.
    So the school doesn't support its graduates. Then they should just close up shop. The person who told you that should be fired immediately.
    Are they only hiring Ivy leaguers?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Thread Information