X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    Interesting to note the low numbers of alumni giving back. Wondering how the numbers were previously and how that compares to all universities as well.
    A lack of confidence in Dr. Jackson is one of the reasons I don't donate, and why several others I know don't.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      Interesting to note the low numbers of alumni giving back. Wondering how the numbers were previously and how that compares to all universities as well.
      I was flat out told by one of the admins in an interview that I had with RPI that "RPI doesn't typically hire their own graduates" which I know is a cop out. When I asked why I was told that they can do better. In the back of my mind, I feel that's one of the reasons why Ben didn't get the job, regardless of how well his interview went.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        I was flat out told by one of the admins in an interview that I had with RPI that "RPI doesn't typically hire their own graduates" which I know is a cop out. When I asked why I was told that they can do better. In the back of my mind, I feel that's one of the reasons why Ben didn't get the job, regardless of how well his interview went.
        They can do better than hiring RPI grads? Does that imply that they are admitting that they do a poor job of preparing RPI students for the job market compared to other schools?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
          They are contemplating an afternoon game for the Mayor's Cup.
          With the Devils leaving town, are they going to use the ice rink at the Times Union Center for anything other than the Mayor's Cup?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            With the Devils leaving town, are they going to use the ice rink at the Times Union Center for anything other than the Mayor's Cup?
            Interesting point. It's hard to believe that they would go to the trouble of making ice for just one game.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              They can do better than hiring RPI grads? Does that imply that they are admitting that they do a poor job of preparing RPI students for the job market compared to other schools?
              It almost seems like over-compensating for playing favorites. Or, as the College Republicans used to jokingly paraphrase RPI's motto, "Why not change the status quo?"

Not to mention, with so many people PO'd about SAJ, she doesn't want to take any more chances on a "no confidence" vote.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                It almost seems like over-compensating for playing favorites. Or, as the College Republicans used to jokingly paraphrase RPI's motto, "Why not change the status quo?" Not to mention, with so many people PO'd about SAJ, she doesn't want to take any more chances on a "no confidence" vote.
                SAJ is obviously very accomplished but it seems not a leader? Her comments regarding the $20 mil funding of the HFH seemed to flippant or is that just how I saw it?

Comment

Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
                  SAJ is obviously very accomplished but it seems not a leader? Her comments regarding the $20 mil funding of the HFH seemed to flippant or is that just how I saw it?
                  She seems to lead the Board of Trustees around on a leash............

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    They are contemplating an afternoon game for the Mayor's Cup.
                    That contradicts what Kevin Beattie just told us today on the RPI hockey listserv:
                    "Though the final schedule has yet to be finalized, the Mayor’s Cup game is set for January 27 at the Times Union Center. It will likely face off at 6pm, following a game between the RPI and Union women’s teams."
                    Charlene

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Interesting point. It's hard to believe that they would go to the trouble of making ice for just one game.
                      Waite 21 and Ralph bring up a good point. Just wondering how long the TU Center will keep the ice up and what condition the ice will be in for The Mayor's Cup game? Re: the Jan 27th date. I could find nothing on the TU Center or Siena Basketball websites to suggest what events are scheduled around/near the date for the Mayor's Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        We are usually not too difficult to find.
                        I've noticed that. I'll be looking for you.
                        Charlene

Comment

Doesn't the TU also have Disney on Ice shows? Maybe they will make ice for that and the Mayor's Cup games will be played around the time of that.

Comment

It isn't rocket science to create an atmosphere that welcomes and applauds the alumni. Creating positive relationships certainly pays off. At the HFH, there are the "boxes" at the west end that sit empty most games. You could easily use them as a special area for alums from out of town, etc. If that area is vacant most games, why was it built? Recruiting hockey alumni to advise on the upgrades to HFH is also a good idea. If they felt slighted over the hiring of the coach, try to make it up to them.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              Doesn't the TU also have Disney on Ice shows? Maybe they will make ice for that and the Mayor's Cup games will be played around the time of that.
                              That would make sense. Right now, the TU site shows no events beyond November. Neither the Siena site not the MAAC site
                              (their league) have anything on their 17/18 schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
                                That contradicts what Kevin Beattie just told us today on the RPI hockey listserv:
                                "Though the final schedule has yet to be finalized, the Mayor’s Cup game is set for January 27 at the Times Union Center. It will likely face off at 6pm, following a game between the RPI and Union women’s teams."
                                Well I guess that makes the women's game the afternoon start. They did mention the possibility of the 2 games but I haven't heard anything definite so that makes sense. Anything better than a weeknight.

Comment

Working...
                                X