Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Quote Originally Posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    What a joke
    To jump off this point a little further, this hiring is very concerning. You can't help but wonder if all this was done to keep Sachi around. If Bryan ended up anywhere else, his wife was probably going to follow.

This concern has nothing to do if Bryan is qualified/will do a good job. That's unrelated.

It has everything to do with the leadership of RPI athletics. The men's coaching search was not ideal. This was just terrible. I have a lot of questions about how things are being run up at ECAV these days.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Quote Originally Posted by rsfs04 View Post
    To jump off this point a little further, this hiring is very concerning. You can't help but wonder if all this was done to keep Sachi around. If Bryan ended up anywhere else, his wife was probably going to follow.

This concern has nothing to do if Bryan is qualified/will do a good job. That's unrelated.

It has everything to do with the leadership of RPI athletics. The men's coaching search was not ideal. This was just terrible. I have a lot of questions about how things are being run up at ECAV these days.
    If only the vote succeeded 10 years ago... of course she probably STILL would have disbanded the Faculty Senate and become even MORE of a ruthless dictatress...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

2nd go around for “Willy” in Calgary’s Dev. Camp. Calgary hasn’t Posted their Dev. Camp Roster yet but I’ll go with this.....

Eternal optimist

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    2nd go around for ďWillyĒ in Calgaryís Dev. Camp. Calgary hasnít Posted their Dev. Camp Roster yet but Iíll go with this.....
    RPI's press release says Jared is going to Anaheim's camp. Is that a mistake on their part?
    Charlene

Quote Originally Posted by cmmarkham View Post
    RPI's press release says Jared is going to Anaheim's camp. Is that a mistake on their part?
    You’re right Charlene. I miss read it for Willy. He’ll be in Anaheim’s camp not Calgary. I saw his birthplace next to his name & that threw me off..... https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/anahe...-2/c-290207648
    Last edited by turk181; 06-28-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Eternal optimist

Youíre right Charlene. I miss read it for Willy. Heíll be in Anaheimís camp not Calgary. I saw his birthplace next to his name & that threw me off..... https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/anahe...-2/c-290207648
    I caught it because I made the same mistake in a post to the RPI sports listserv and only realized it while proofreading to try to catch some of my usual many errors.
    Charlene

Today is 29 June 2017. There are 93 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmarkham View Post
    That is a pretty talented group.
    You would think that having players like that we could maybe come up with a .500 record this year.
    Lets see what the new coach can do with these guys.
    Throw in Tironese, Polino and Hayhurst, and maybe we can even eek out a few games over.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    That is a pretty talented group.
    You would think that having players like that we could maybe come up with a .500 record this year.
    Lets see what the new coach can do with these guys.
    Throw in Tironese, Polino and Hayhurst, and maybe we can even eek out a few games over.
    Brings up a good point; what sort of expectations should we have? I know I've mentioned that this team has nothing to lose and everything to prove, so they should just go for it and whatever happens happens. I'd be satisfied with a 500 start before league play begins, and although some of the games are tricky, I could see us pulling a 500 this season. Not expecting miracle work, mind you, but just some team cohesion and the individuals using their talents to create a stronger team effort.

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by rsfs04 View Post

Who would not want to keep Sachi around???

Quote Originally Posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
    Who would not want to keep Sachi around???
    FlagDUDETTE.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Brings up a good point; what sort of expectations should we have? I know I've mentioned that this team has nothing to lose and everything to prove, so they should just go for it and whatever happens happens. I'd be satisfied with a 500 start before league play begins, and although some of the games are tricky, I could see us pulling a 500 this season. Not expecting miracle work, mind you, but just some team cohesion and the individuals using their talents to create a stronger team effort.
    If this coming year, this team can be a .500 or better team in spite of the considerable turmoil and defections, then it would seem to indicate how much better our records should have been over the past 10 or more years. Lots of talented boys came through this program during that time. Even more just plain hard working boys made up these teams that had little to show for their efforts. As always, i am optimistic for the upcoming season. Hoping and dare i say it, perhaps even expecting a bit of an upside surprise?? But then again, i am still hoping for the return of the Holiday Tournament, the return of the Bee and the Swarm, and even a return to a packed HFH with noise so loud you cannot here yourself think!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Today is 30 June 2017. There are 92 days (3 months) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    If this coming year, this team can be a .500 or better team in spite of the considerable turmoil and defections, then it would seem to indicate how much better our records should have been over the past 10 or more years. Lots of talented boys came through this program during that time. Even more just plain hard working boys made up these teams that had little to show for their efforts. As always, i am optimistic for the upcoming season. Hoping and dare i say it, perhaps even expecting a bit of an upside surprise?? But then again, i am still hoping for the return of the Holiday Tournament, the return of the Bee and the Swarm, and even a return to a packed HFH with noise so loud you cannot here yourself think!
    Add: return of the band on the east end of the HFH, the WRPI announcers on the catwalk, Puckman on the uniforms, and financial responsibility by the RPI administration (but not the return of all of the poles blocking views from allover).
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-30-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Add: return of the band on the east end of the HFH, the WRPI announcers on the catwalk, Puckman on the uniforms, and financial responsibility by the RPI administration (but not the return of all of the poles blocking views from allover).
    Ever since the hostile takeover, the student union won't get it back because of NCAA rules. I can't wait to read jericho's response to the catwalk.

mascot extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Ever since the hostile takeover, the student union won't get it back because of NCAA rules. I can't wait to read jericho's response to the catwalk.
    I miss the catwalk, although my fear of heights doesn't. Great place to watch and call a game from. The problem with where we are now is 1) it's too small, at least for me. Should have taken out another row of seats and it would have been perfect. 2) half the ice becomes invisible because of the scoreboard.

Overall, we are closer to the "atmosphere" of the game (as opposed to the Earth's atmosphere ) and I do believe it leads to better on-air excitement.

Jared Wilson will indeed be in Calgary’s Dev. Camp. Anaheim’s camp ends July 2 & Calgary’s begins July 4..... https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/flam...edule/c-888053

Jared Wilson will indeed be in Calgaryís Dev. Camp. Anaheimís camp ends July 2 & Calgaryís begins July 4..... https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/flam...edule/c-888053
    Does that mean he is going to two of them or is Anaheim in error?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Does that mean he is going to two of them or is Anaheim in error?
    Not unusual for some players to attend 2 camps. All I know is he’s on both Rosters.

Not unusual for some players to attend 2 camps. All I know is heís on both Rosters.
    thanks

Thread Information