X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of Reilly's comment that he can't wait to get started.

I'd like to think it means he can't wait to get started on his second season at RPI, so that over the next three years he can continue his development into the sort of player that could be useful to the Penguins.

I have a sinking feeling, though, that it means he's going to sign the first piece of paper the Penguins organization puts in front of him, even if it promises nothing better than a shot at being a frequent healthy scratch for the Wheeling Nailers.
    Not sure when the Pens’ Player Development Camp starts, several Teams are starting on Monday, but that could mean what Will’s talking about.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 25 June 2017. There are 97 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Not sure when the Pens’ Player Development Camp starts, several Teams are starting on Monday, but that could mean what Will’s talking about.
        I suspect so. Probably when they contacted him they invited him to camp. Just hopefully he doesn't pull at Todd Burgess there.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...t-does-it-mean More comedy gold from Lee. No confidence.
          After reading this article, I have to question what the AD is doing to our hockey program.
          Certainly, Burke did not have a great record and probably should have been let go. But how and when that was done leaves a lot to be desired.
          I am not sure that we (the RPI hockey program and its fans) are in a very good place right now.
          A very sad situation.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            I'm not sure what to make of Reilly's comment that he can't wait to get started.

I'd like to think it means he can't wait to get started on his second season at RPI, so that over the next three years he can continue his development into the sort of player that could be useful to the Penguins.

I have a sinking feeling, though, that it means he's going to sign the first piece of paper the Penguins organization puts in front of him, even if it promises nothing better than a shot at being a frequent healthy scratch for the Wheeling Nailers.
            This entire fan base has battered person syndrome.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              After reading this article, I have to question what the AD is doing to our hockey program. Certainly, Burke did not have a great record and probably should have been let go. But how and when that was done leaves a lot to be desired. I am not sure that we (the RPI hockey program and its fans) are in a very good place right now. A very sad situation.
              It does bring up lots of questions, regarding leadership and administrative backing of hockey. Obviously no rules about needing to post the position. Where will his hockey knowledge come from, even more so in the women's area of hockey?

Comment

Today is 26 June 2017. There are 96 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  Based on the way he was playing last year, this is definitely deserved, and I hope he continues to develop that potential, as he has a very good chance at being quite successful.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...t-does-it-mean More comedy gold from Lee. No confidence.
                    As much as I can definitely understand removing the coach (definitely been a long time coming similar to the old men's coach), it is disappointing that the women's program will not receive the same attention as the men's. Yes, I understand that men's program brings in more money and that the greenbacks speak, but it does expose some of the previous feelings I've expressed about the 'tute. Furthermore, given one of the assistants is being interviewed, and considering one of the things I had mentioned about at least the way RPI was when I was there... I have a visceral reaction that it's hers if she wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      As much as I can definitely understand removing the coach (definitely been a long time coming similar to the old men's coach), it is disappointing that the women's program will not receive the same attention as the men's. Yes, I understand that men's program brings in more money and that the greenbacks speak, but it does expose some of the previous feelings I've expressed about the 'tute. Furthermore, given one of the assistants is being interviewed, and considering one of the things I had mentioned about at least the way RPI was when I was there... I have a visceral reaction that it's hers if she wants it.
                      One of the assistants is male and one is female. Do you know that the one being interviewed is Christie Cicero? IMO neither assistant has much experience.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        One of the assistants is male and one is female. Do you know that the one being interviewed is Christie Cicero? IMO neither assistant has much experience.
                        Considering I have not been given the "privilege" of being in the decision room with Dr. Jackson and Dr. McElroy, the answer to your specific question is no. However, many recruiting organizations/divisions (whether internal or external) have developed a reputation of "-isms" in my experience, and RPI has shown themselves in the past to be no exception, including at the administrative levels, and therefore I give corresponding evidence behind my hypothesis. Call me whatever you want with this belief, but I'm just telling it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Considering I have not been given the "privilege" of being in the decision room with Dr. Jackson and Dr. McElroy, the answer to your specific question is no. However, many recruiting organizations/divisions (whether internal or external) have developed a reputation of "-isms" in my experience, and RPI has shown themselves in the past to be no exception, including at the administrative levels, and therefore I give corresponding evidence behind my hypothesis. Call me whatever you want with this belief, but I'm just telling it like it is.
                          In addition, Jake Anderson played at SSM and a recent precedent has been set for not hiring SSM alums.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            In addition, Jake Anderson played at SSM and a recent precedent has been set for not hiring SSM alums.

If only there was a facepalm emote here, as this one's worse than one of the terrible quips I gave earlier in one of the threads that elicited a similar response from you.

Comment

WaP pointed out that Jimmy DeVito will be at the Caps' camp:
                              /
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://rpiathletics.com/news/2017/6/...s-of-2021.aspx
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X