X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Today is 16 June 2017. There are 107 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
    Someone needs to fix his copy/paste...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Someone needs to fix his copy/paste...
      Oops!
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It's also too bad we have another 5 games in 2 weekends situation. Unfortunately, I believe Harvard's finals are the week of 11 December, so they need to have that weekend off. Probably same for us, too, although our reading days will probably begin on the same day, with finals starting on the 13th (assuming nothing funky was done with the schedule again), so we can sometimes fit in a weekend of games.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          I’m not sure I’ld call it a tradition Waite. It was the work of SA & Aspy so maybe Aspy could shed some light on the subject, i.e. the future of the game.
          Traditions have to start somewhere. Although it's very much a community service thing, which is something Appert was very big on, and is a bit of an unknown with Smith. I know AspyDad was a bit disappointed with the coaching selection process on here and is really one of the heavy backers behind raising awareness of this issue we see so prevalently these days, not to mention this year's schedule seems a bit unbalanced that we wouldn't know of a good place to put the game (it'd be interesting if they put it on the CCT game, but given it's premium they probably won't; would probably instead pick one of the Maine games).

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am all in favor of continuing the Autism awareness game. I would note the game last season did not meet the expectations of a game expected to take these folks into consideration. The time keeper hit the horn more than a few times and the place was overall noisier than it should have been. The goal is to reduce the level of stimulation so people in the autistic spectrum can feel comfortable attending these games. It seemed in last season's game, the attention to adhering to the goals was secondary. We can and should do better.

Comment

Blog post by Ken Schott about Jewell:
                    https://dailygazette.com/blogs/parti...ssistant-coach
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-16-2017, 09:59 PM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 17 June 2017. There are 105 days (15 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                        I am all in favor of continuing the Autism awareness game. I would note the game last season did not meet the expectations of a game expected to take these folks into consideration. The time keeper hit the horn more than a few times and the place was overall noisier than it should have been. The goal is to reduce the level of stimulation so people in the autistic spectrum can feel comfortable attending these games. It seemed in last season's game, the attention to adhering to the goals was secondary. We can and should do better.
                        As much the venue is attempting to be as accommodating as possible, there's only so much that can be done. There wasn't piped or band-played music (aside from anthems). There wasn't a goal horn. The PA system wasn't as loud. Those are things you can control, while remaining within the confines of NCAA rules and not disrupting the general flow of the game. There has to be a clock horn, along with a backup, as per rule 4.1. They need that to signal the end of the period, as well as get the referee's attention when there's a problem, the latter of which I'm sure you're referring to. You're going to have people attend the game (otherwise how do you raise money for autism awareness), and they're going to cheer and/or jeer; you're not going to haul them out for making a loud noise. At least one anthem must happen, as per rule 82. Aside from protocol because the game comes first, they did everything they could and made it a nice environment.

Comment

I based my observation on the previous year's game where it seemed the noise level was lower and the lighting was dimmed where possible. I really felt there was a clear difference between the two games I see what you mean about the rules requiring the horn at the end of the period and to notify the ref of a problem, but it can be done in such a way as to limit the noise as much as possible. I think you should walk away from such a game feeling that the game was clearly different from other games and I did not feel that way. I also think it would not hurt to put signs up in the scorers' booth and as folks enter the HFH reminding them of what the game is all about and encouraging cooperation with the spirit of the game. After all it is only 1 game. Everyone should ask themselves : would someone who has a very hard time with noise, bright lights, etc feel comfortable by the effort being undertaken?

Comment

From the on-line directory

Daniel M. Jewell
                            Department of Athletics
                            Student Life
                            email: xxxxxx@rpi.edu
                            Phone: 518-xxx-xxxx
                            Mailstop: ECAV Building ECAV
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We still don't know who the recruits are, but if anyone wants to guess which numbers they will get, these are the numbers which the possible recruits wore last season:

55 Cory Babichuk probably 2018
                              25 Jaren Burke *
                              20 Austin Cho probably no longer a recruit
                              3 Mat Harris * number taken
                              27 Billy Jerry
                              33 Linden Marshall *
                              98 Emil Ohrvall #
                              9 Gavin Payne * number taken
                              28 Jon Richards * number taken
                              26 Owen Stout * number taken
                              5 Atte Tuliara number taken
                              9 Troy York number taken

* In the RPI directory
                              # Known to have signed National Letter of Intent
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 18 June 2017. There are 104 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X