X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    If the "big" part refers to weight, then there have been many at more than 190 lb. Assuming that the 6'4" is real, the answer is probably Kevin Beauregard. I don't remember if he did much screening.
    It's pretty hard to set a screen from the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      It's pretty hard to set a screen from the stands.
      Well, he screens whoever is sitting behind him.

Being 5'4", it happens to me often.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, he screens whoever is sitting behind him. Being 5'4", it happens to me often.
        Size is not the most important aspect of knowing how to screen well. Bigger question is he fast enough to get down in front of the goalie to set the screen before the shot is taken?

Comment

So we currently have the following forwards:
          Liljegren, Tironese, J. Ohrvall, Wiffen, Hayhurst, Polino, Marrello, Reisinger, Rappaport, Burgess, E. Ohrvall, Payne, Stout, and Jerry. That's just 14 and we don't know if Burgess is fit to play and if Rappaport has D-I talent.
          I'm praying on Burgess and not expecting anything from Rappaport. I'm still holding out faint hope on Conger until I see that he's been released and committed to another school. With 7 defensemen returning and 2-4 in-bound, perhaps we'll see a Brutlag-like transformation or two.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            I'm praying on Burgess and not expecting anything from Rappaport. I'm still holding out faint hope on Conger until I see that he's been released and committed to another school. With 7 defensemen returning and 2-4 in-bound, perhaps we'll see a Brutlag-like transformation or two.
            I suspect that we will still get another forward recruit.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Drew Melanson leaving also confirmed by BU Coach Quinn according to BU poster Scarlet http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6490013.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                Arod and bell also gone
                Although walk-ons, Rappaport and McBain are not returning as well.

Comment

Today is 9 May 2017. There are 145 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                    McBain are not returning as well.
                    Hackett back I guess
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      Hackett back I guess
                      With the current shake up, I would not want to see Hackett back in the room.
                      It is going to be a tough enough season without having someone who was not wanted the previous season.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Hackett back I guess
                        Not much of a reason for it. Minus Hackett and McBain would leave RPI with three netminders still: Perry, Marshall, and St. Denis.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Hackett back I guess
                          Hackett is not coming back. Perry, Marshall and St Denis are the goaltenders right now for next year.

Comment

Yeesh, with all this jumping of the ship, it feels like we were relegated in English football or something...

Hopefully we have some good late recruits, or enough from what has been said as potentially being overloaded. Perhaps some of the players deferred to 18-19 come in earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Yeesh, with all this jumping of the ship, it feels like we were relegated in English football or something...

Hopefully we have some good late recruits, or enough from what has been said as potentially being overloaded. Perhaps some of the players deferred to 18-19 come in earlier?
                              On the plus side Smith is getting some players he may want and/or leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                                Hackett is not coming back. Perry, Marshall and St Denis are the goaltenders right now for next year.
                                I am happy that Marshall is coming. I was concerned that we would lose him. He appears to be an improvement over Hackett and also it will space our goaltenders out much better by class year.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X