X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    You went to the golf outing but won't renew your season tickets. Interesting.
    I don’t think so. Not renewing my season tix but I’m sure I’ll go to some games, ND for sure. I sat at the table with Coach Smith & family & found him very enjoyable to talk with. I go to also get a look at the incoming frosh & talk a bit with them. I even told York about how you & I discussed him several years ago.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      I don’t think so. Not renewing my season tix but I’m sure I’ll go to some games, ND for sure. I sat at the table with Coach Smith & family & found him very enjoyable to talk with. I go to also get a look at the incoming frosh & talk a bit with them. I even told York about how you & I discussed him several years ago.
      Was it a few years ago? I thought that it was when his team played Bendorf's team in the NAHL last season. I could be wrong.

Edit: You are correct.

A message from me quoting earlier ones:
      I understand the reference to Allen, but Troy New York would be unique. 

Sent: Monday, September 07, 2015 11:38 AM
      To: Ralph Baer
      Subject: Re: recruit? ;-)

....or Allen.

On 9/6/15, 5:00 PM, "Ralph Baer" {my email address} wrote:
      Now here is a guy whose name would fit in. I wonder if his middle name is “New”. 
      http://nahl.stats.pointstreak.com/pl...seasonid=14328
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-15-2017, 02:24 PM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Chase and Meirs were at our table for dinner. I asked Chase if he had begun any stretching routines in preparation for the season. He replied "Nah, I'm pretty flexible naturally", to which I shot back "HA! Good luck with that 10 years from now".
        Originally posted by moe24
        Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Jenny has been talking about us driving to Troy for a couple of games this year. We may also be driving up to Glens Falls to attend a few games. Hopefully we can meet up at some time.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I was glad to be a part of the Blue Line Crew attending the golf event. The kids are an impressive bunch of student athletes who deserve our full support. Coach Smiths family were there all day and working the event and are extremely nice.

In his pre-dinner remarks Coach Smith went out of his way to acknowledge and thank the players for their commitment and determination during a difficult time in their college careers. The squad left today for a week of team building in the wilds of Ontario. Here's hoping they brought enough bug spray !

Dino Macaluso ran the memorabilia auction. And before auctioning off a framed / signed Oates sweater from his personal collection, Dino wasn't shy about let everyone know that he wasn't a fan of Oates' recent public comments.

Random observations: Burke is an extremely large individual ...can't wait to see him in pads. If he plays with the edge he's reported to have, he's gonna be a handful in front of the net. Ditto for Linden Marshall. He is a big boy - stockier than Perry - NHL big. He crushed a tee shot about 310 yards for us in bare feet, so I like him already!!
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              Northern Ireland. Two different places.
              Actually the trip is visiting both the north and south. To all who have never been, visiting Ireland will be a trip you will never forget, I highly encourage it. Hoping Yale partners a trip like this for the 2018 Friendship Four.
              YALE HOCKEY
              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                Actually the trip is visiting both the north and south. To all who have never been, visiting Ireland will be a trip you will never forget, I highly encourage it. Hoping Yale partners a trip like this for the 2018 Friendship Four.
                IIRC, Coach Smith said, at our table, that 48 people comprising the Team & 60 family members & fans are signed up for the trip ATT. Even the Ohrvall family from Sweden will be there. Sounds like RPI should have a very nice rooting section.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  I was glad to be a part of the Blue Line Crew attending the golf event. The kids are an impressive bunch of student athletes who deserve our full support. Coach Smiths family were there all day and working the event and are extremely nice.

In his pre-dinner remarks Coach Smith went out of his way to acknowledge and thank the players for their commitment and determination during a difficult time in their college careers. The squad left today for a week of team building in the wilds of Ontario. Here's hoping they brought enough bug spray !

Dino Macaluso ran the memorabilia auction. And before auctioning off a framed / signed Oates sweater from his personal collection, Dino wasn't shy about let everyone know that he wasn't a fan of Oates' recent public comments.

Random observations: Burke is an extremely large individual ...can't wait to see him in pads. If he plays with the edge he's reported to have, he's gonna be a handful in front of the net. Ditto for Linden Marshall. He is a big boy - stockier than Perry - NHL big. He crushed a tee shot about 310 yards for us in bare feet, so I like him already!!
                  Completely agree WS.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Jenny has been talking about us driving to Troy for a couple of games this year. We may also be driving up to Glens Falls to attend a few games. Hopefully we can meet up at some time.
                    Sounds good Doc.

Comment

Today is 16 August 2017. There are 45 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-18-2017, 11:37 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 17 August 2017. There are 44 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          Give us a heads up on which games you will be coming to, and if at all possible I will make the trip to HFH myself.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I've been looking at Burke as a candidate for my new favorite player. A big guy that crashes the front of the net and sets up shop draws the defense back and should open up space for some of our smaller, shiftier players. It will be interesting to see if he has enough speed to hold up his end in the other zones. I'm looking forward to seeing the first line chart.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                              I've been looking at Burke as a candidate for my new favorite player. A big guy that crashes the front of the net and sets up shop draws the defense back and should open up space for some of our smaller, shiftier players. It will be interesting to see if he has enough speed to hold up his end in the other zones. I'm looking forward to seeing the first line chart.
                              I don’t know if it’s just a player talking up a team mate but when I asked “Willy” if Burke was more than just a big body he said, he’s got wheels for sure and I wouldn’t want to get in front of him.

Comment

Today is 18 August 2017. There are 43 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X