X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    What a joke
    To jump off this point a little further, this hiring is very concerning. You can't help but wonder if all this was done to keep Sachi around. If Bryan ended up anywhere else, his wife was probably going to follow.

This concern has nothing to do if Bryan is qualified/will do a good job. That's unrelated.

It has everything to do with the leadership of RPI athletics. The men's coaching search was not ideal. This was just terrible. I have a lot of questions about how things are being run up at ECAV these days.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
      To jump off this point a little further, this hiring is very concerning. You can't help but wonder if all this was done to keep Sachi around. If Bryan ended up anywhere else, his wife was probably going to follow.

This concern has nothing to do if Bryan is qualified/will do a good job. That's unrelated.

It has everything to do with the leadership of RPI athletics. The men's coaching search was not ideal. This was just terrible. I have a lot of questions about how things are being run up at ECAV these days.
      If only the vote succeeded 10 years ago... of course she probably STILL would have disbanded the Faculty Senate and become even MORE of a ruthless dictatress...

Comment

2nd go around for “Willy” in Calgary’s Dev. Camp. Calgary hasn’t Posted their Dev. Camp Roster yet but I’ll go with this.....
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          2nd go around for “Willy” in Calgary’s Dev. Camp. Calgary hasn’t Posted their Dev. Camp Roster yet but I’ll go with this.....
          RPI's press release says Jared is going to Anaheim's camp. Is that a mistake on their part?
          Charlene

Comment

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
            RPI's press release says Jared is going to Anaheim's camp. Is that a mistake on their part?
            You’re right Charlene. I miss read it for Willy. He’ll be in Anaheim’s camp not Calgary. I saw his birthplace next to his name & that threw me off..... https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/anahe...-2/c-290207648
            Last edited by turk181; 06-28-2017, 07:42 PM.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              You’re right Charlene. I miss read it for Willy. He’ll be in Anaheim’s camp not Calgary. I saw his birthplace next to his name & that threw me off..... https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/anahe...-2/c-290207648
              I caught it because I made the same mistake in a post to the RPI sports listserv and only realized it while proofreading to try to catch some of my usual many errors.
              Charlene

Comment

Today is 29 June 2017. There are 93 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
                  That is a pretty talented group.
                  You would think that having players like that we could maybe come up with a .500 record this year.
                  Lets see what the new coach can do with these guys.
                  Throw in Tironese, Polino and Hayhurst, and maybe we can even eek out a few games over.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                    That is a pretty talented group.
                    You would think that having players like that we could maybe come up with a .500 record this year.
                    Lets see what the new coach can do with these guys.
                    Throw in Tironese, Polino and Hayhurst, and maybe we can even eek out a few games over.
                    Brings up a good point; what sort of expectations should we have? I know I've mentioned that this team has nothing to lose and everything to prove, so they should just go for it and whatever happens happens. I'd be satisfied with a 500 start before league play begins, and although some of the games are tricky, I could see us pulling a 500 this season. Not expecting miracle work, mind you, but just some team cohesion and the individuals using their talents to create a stronger team effort.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post

Who would not want to keep Sachi around???

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                        Who would not want to keep Sachi around???
                        FlagDUDETTE.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Brings up a good point; what sort of expectations should we have? I know I've mentioned that this team has nothing to lose and everything to prove, so they should just go for it and whatever happens happens. I'd be satisfied with a 500 start before league play begins, and although some of the games are tricky, I could see us pulling a 500 this season. Not expecting miracle work, mind you, but just some team cohesion and the individuals using their talents to create a stronger team effort.
                          If this coming year, this team can be a .500 or better team in spite of the considerable turmoil and defections, then it would seem to indicate how much better our records should have been over the past 10 or more years. Lots of talented boys came through this program during that time. Even more just plain hard working boys made up these teams that had little to show for their efforts. As always, i am optimistic for the upcoming season. Hoping and dare i say it, perhaps even expecting a bit of an upside surprise?? But then again, i am still hoping for the return of the Holiday Tournament, the return of the Bee and the Swarm, and even a return to a packed HFH with noise so loud you cannot here yourself think!
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Today is 30 June 2017. There are 92 days (3 months) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              If this coming year, this team can be a .500 or better team in spite of the considerable turmoil and defections, then it would seem to indicate how much better our records should have been over the past 10 or more years. Lots of talented boys came through this program during that time. Even more just plain hard working boys made up these teams that had little to show for their efforts. As always, i am optimistic for the upcoming season. Hoping and dare i say it, perhaps even expecting a bit of an upside surprise?? But then again, i am still hoping for the return of the Holiday Tournament, the return of the Bee and the Swarm, and even a return to a packed HFH with noise so loud you cannot here yourself think!
                              Add: return of the band on the east end of the HFH, the WRPI announcers on the catwalk, Puckman on the uniforms, and financial responsibility by the RPI administration (but not the return of all of the poles blocking views from allover).
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-30-2017, 06:07 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Add: return of the band on the east end of the HFH, the WRPI announcers on the catwalk, Puckman on the uniforms, and financial responsibility by the RPI administration (but not the return of all of the poles blocking views from allover).
                                Ever since the hostile takeover, the student union won't get it back because of NCAA rules. I can't wait to read jericho's response to the catwalk.

Comment

Working...
                                X