X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    There are some bitter people on this thread.
    How shocked are you that I'm not one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Links to articles about the coach announcements, etc. thanks to Charlene Markham.

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...h-11056126.php

http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...ooks-to-future
      Gazette https://dailygazette.com/article/201...row-rpi-hockey
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Coach Smith has renamed his Twitter account: https://***********/RPI_hcky_COACH?lang=en
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We only reached post 146 of the second thread for the 16-17 season. We should match that in a couple of days.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
            Let's hear from John k
            Is smith gonna clean house and get new assistants
            No idea. Really wouldn't post on here when we are talking about people's jobs. Coach heading to Chicago to enjoy finals and I assume will get to work next week. We should all know soon. The Union game at T/U scheduled for Jan 27. Good chance it will be an afternoon game.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
              No idea. Really wouldn't post on here when we are talking about people's jobs. Coach heading to Chicago to enjoy finals and I assume will get to work next week. We should all know soon. The Union game at T/U scheduled for Jan 27. Good chance it will be an afternoon game.
              Typically a coach does bring in his own people, at least one but you never know till it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                How shocked are you that I'm not one of them?
                Actually? Not very. For once you weren't someone I was referencing.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  There are some bitter people on this thread.
                  Some people just aren't happy unless they're upset.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                    I was talking with a long time RPI fan at Lake Placid semi final who felt fridge should be considered for job if he had any interest. I wonder if maybe it was a statement type of
                    appearance. On a different note I am enjoying the music WRPI is playing from 4-5 on the ride home from work. Meatloaf bat out of hell album today. Hadn`t heard it in a while.
                    One of the all time great albums and even better when seen performed live.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      One of the all time great albums and even better when seen performed live.
                      It's good to see that the selection of Coach Smith did not immediately cause you to return to retirement.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        Networking not just watching the games, talking to other coaches about possible new staff and old staff etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          It's good to see that the selection of Coach Smith did not immediately cause you to return to retirement.
                          Nothing about him would make me think that (yet) as i keep an open mind and feel he deserves a really good look. What does trouble me terribly is that no other changes have occurred. Not only is the hockey program in distress but many other aspects of the institute that i have loved for 50+ years. We have a great group of people who support this school and live and die for the hockey team. That is the strength that i hope will return us to where we have been in the past. Coach Appert is a quality guy who was put in a very difficult position. Our new coach is coming into an even more difficult position but deserves as much of a chance. Not once have i given up on the boys who play for this program. i still believe we have the talent level to compete with anyone in any given game. (see Harvard this year) I may not need to voice every thought on line or run up my post count any further. We have a long way to go before October and i will play the wait and see game along with all you guys. Gosh, who knows, we may be in for a big upside surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Nothing about him would make me think that (yet) as i keep an open mind and feel he deserves a really good look. What does trouble me terribly is that no other changes have occurred. Not only is the hockey program in distress but many other aspects of the institute that i have loved for 50+ years. We have a great group of people who support this school and live and die for the hockey team. That is the strength that i hope will return us to where we have been in the past. Coach Appert is a quality guy who was put in a very difficult position. Our new coach is coming into an even more difficult position but deserves as much of a chance. Not once have i given up on the boys who play for this program. i still believe we have the talent level to compete with anyone in any given game. (see Harvard this year) I may not need to voice every thought on line or run up my post count any further. We have a long way to go before October and i will play the wait and see game along with all you guys. Gosh, who knows, we may be in for a big upside surprise.
                            Well, I appreciate the opportunity to "catch up", as I recall that was one thing you pointed out prior to your hiatus.

I would love to make it out to Princeton again and hope to you see you and Jenny there. I would be bringing along FlagDUDETTE if I do go.

Comment

WRGB interview: http://cbs6albany.com/sports/beyond-...ach-dave-smith

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Well, I appreciate the opportunity to "catch up", as I recall that was one thing you pointed out prior to your hiatus.

I would love to make it out to Princeton again and hope to you see you and Jenny there. I would be bringing along FlagDUDETTE if I do go.
                                We should be easy to find. this past year was our first no show in so long we cannot remember another. We had tickets as always and it had nothing to do with our team performance. But as it turned out, and never thought I would ever say this, glad we missed the game as i would have had a stroke in the last 5 minutes. Failure to know how to play with a lead late in games has been a big point for me in finding fault with the coaching.

Comment

Working...
                                X