This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

History & Tradition are fine, just please Coach Smith, don’t start saying, “we have to get back to playing" ‘the Engineer way’. I’ve had just about enough of that from the previous.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      History & Tradition are fine, just please Coach Smith, don’t start saying, “we have to get back to playing" ‘the Engineer way’. I’ve had just about enough of that from the previous.
      Did we ever figure out what the Engineer Way is?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        For SA it turned out to be the road to Plymouth, Michigan.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Make one big stand and rest on your laurels.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Make one big stand and rest on your laurels.
            Lose one job and land a better one. Sounds like a win for Coach Appert and the "Engineer way"...which should now be called the "American way".
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I added that to my list of phrases I never want to hear again a long time ago. I think I might add that we we had a really good week of practice to that list also. I just want to hear we had a very good weekend instead.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                I added that to my list of phrases I never want to hear again a long time ago. I think I might add that we we had a really good week of practice to that list also. I just want to hear we had a very good weekend instead.
                I second that emotion!

Comment

Today is 30 May 2017. There are 124 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oh we heard that plenty of times as well, even when it was clear we played for about 25 minutes of the game. My expectations for our team are exactly the same regardless of who is behind the bench: A 65-minute effort by every single person placing the RPI jersey upon him (or her; would like to see the same from the women's team as well) on each scheduled afternoon or evening. We might end up with a win, a loss, or a tie. If we play hungry for a victory every single second, it doesn't matter what the scoreboard says.

Comment

Thank you Doc. Whatever "Engineer Way" that existed in terms of a successful program was snuffed out by Appert. Let's hope Coach Smith puts focus on substance and results instead of style & marketing.
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

How about on June 1st we let go of the past and start a conversation about the upcoming season and what we expect from the new coach.
                        From where I sit, it looks like we have a decent defense and a good goaltender. Big questions on offense, but with big potential from a couple of forwards.
                        I think that a .500 season would be acceptable if the team gives it 100% every game.
                        I am excited to see what Smith will bring to this team.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                          Thank you Doc. Whatever "Engineer Way" that existed in terms of a successful program was snuffed out by Appert. Let's hope Coach Smith puts focus on substance and results instead of style & marketing.
                          How absolutely true. Jen and i took a little vacation from RPI hockey for a lot of reasons. Among the long list of reasons was the boredom and repetition that stemmed from the top. We never lost interest in our boys, most of whom gave what they had and played their hearts out. All anyone can ask is for the kids to give what they are capable of. But for the program to be successful and actually for it to even survive, it flows uphill. The administration and the coaching staff have to be give these boys the best chances to compete and to win. I have not been convinced that has been the case in many years.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Bummer. He was bringing in some really good talent to AA & I was hoping RPI’s new Coach would start taking advantage but good to see a real up & coming coach be rewarded.

Comment

Bummer. He was bringing in some really good talent to AA & I was hoping RPI’s new Coach would start taking advantage but good to see a real up & coming coach be rewarded.
                              That tweet just whizzed by me recently since I did not know who AA's coach was.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                That tweet just whizzed by me recently since I did not know who AA's coach was.
                                I brought his name up early on as a possible replacement for Appert and a few people on here laughed at me for the suggestion. Turns out I wasn't that far off base.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X