Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1001

Thread: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

  1. #681
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    We'll have a matched set of new coaches
    .

  2. #682
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    A new Will Reilly thread on Hockey's Future http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2362387. There are 5 posts so far,

  3. #683
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy


  4. #684
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Finally.


  5. #685
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    RPI announcement of Reilly being drafted: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey

  6. #686
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...t-does-it-mean More comedy gold from Lee. No confidence.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

  7. #687
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Whatever the case may be, I know all of us are very happy that you were able to get out the word about an issue plaguing the country, and although it might not be as public now unless you were to, say, purchase a board ad (and I do agree the money could be best spent towards the cause), you have at least my support in the continued effort of education. I'm sorry you had to experience someone that wants to just sit on her throne in the Troy building (because we know she doesn't use her throne at HFH), take all the credit for good, but pass the blame for bad; it's yet another reason why I don't want to donate to the 'tute until she's gone. Hopefully things go well for you this summer, too.
    Thanks for the kind words. My best to you and Mrs. Dudette
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

  8. #688
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    two interesting articles from Sam Blum. Sam's clearly not on the fast track to replace Dave Anderson, but interesting nonetheless.
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

  9. #689
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,580

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    I'm not sure what to make of Reilly's comment that he can't wait to get started.

    I'd like to think it means he can't wait to get started on his second season at RPI, so that over the next three years he can continue his development into the sort of player that could be useful to the Penguins.

    I have a sinking feeling, though, that it means he's going to sign the first piece of paper the Penguins organization puts in front of him, even if it promises nothing better than a shot at being a frequent healthy scratch for the Wheeling Nailers.

  10. #690
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    3,111

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of Reilly's comment that he can't wait to get started.

    I'd like to think it means he can't wait to get started on his second season at RPI, so that over the next three years he can continue his development into the sort of player that could be useful to the Penguins.

    I have a sinking feeling, though, that it means he's going to sign the first piece of paper the Penguins organization puts in front of him, even if it promises nothing better than a shot at being a frequent healthy scratch for the Wheeling Nailers.
    I strongly doubt that the Penguins are going to go out of their way to sign the 217th overall pick immediately. Why spend the money on developing him if they can let RPI handle it. I suppose it's possible that he could be sent to whatever CHL team has his rights but it seems unlikely.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

  11. #691
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,590

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of Reilly's comment that he can't wait to get started.

    I'd like to think it means he can't wait to get started on his second season at RPI, so that over the next three years he can continue his development into the sort of player that could be useful to the Penguins.

    I have a sinking feeling, though, that it means he's going to sign the first piece of paper the Penguins organization puts in front of him, even if it promises nothing better than a shot at being a frequent healthy scratch for the Wheeling Nailers.
    Not sure when the Pens’ Player Development Camp starts, several Teams are starting on Monday, but that could mean what Will’s talking about.

  12. #692
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Today is 25 June 2017. There are 97 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

  13. #693
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Not sure when the Pens’ Player Development Camp starts, several Teams are starting on Monday, but that could mean what Will’s talking about.
    I suspect so. Probably when they contacted him they invited him to camp. Just hopefully he doesn't pull at Todd Burgess there.

  14. #694
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    13,261

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...t-does-it-mean More comedy gold from Lee. No confidence.
    After reading this article, I have to question what the AD is doing to our hockey program.
    Certainly, Burke did not have a great record and probably should have been let go. But how and when that was done leaves a lot to be desired.
    I am not sure that we (the RPI hockey program and its fans) are in a very good place right now.
    A very sad situation.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  15. #695
    Not a player, I just crush a lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht
    Posts
    25,258

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of Reilly's comment that he can't wait to get started.

    I'd like to think it means he can't wait to get started on his second season at RPI, so that over the next three years he can continue his development into the sort of player that could be useful to the Penguins.

    I have a sinking feeling, though, that it means he's going to sign the first piece of paper the Penguins organization puts in front of him, even if it promises nothing better than a shot at being a frequent healthy scratch for the Wheeling Nailers.
    This entire fan base has battered person syndrome.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

  16. #696
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,775

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    After reading this article, I have to question what the AD is doing to our hockey program. Certainly, Burke did not have a great record and probably should have been let go. But how and when that was done leaves a lot to be desired. I am not sure that we (the RPI hockey program and its fans) are in a very good place right now. A very sad situation.
    It does bring up lots of questions, regarding leadership and administrative backing of hockey. Obviously no rules about needing to post the position. Where will his hockey knowledge come from, even more so in the women's area of hockey?

  17. #697
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Today is 26 June 2017. There are 96 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

  18. #698
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,073

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Based on the way he was playing last year, this is definitely deserved, and I hope he continues to develop that potential, as he has a very good chance at being quite successful.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  19. #699
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,073

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...t-does-it-mean More comedy gold from Lee. No confidence.
    As much as I can definitely understand removing the coach (definitely been a long time coming similar to the old men's coach), it is disappointing that the women's program will not receive the same attention as the men's. Yes, I understand that men's program brings in more money and that the greenbacks speak, but it does expose some of the previous feelings I've expressed about the 'tute. Furthermore, given one of the assistants is being interviewed, and considering one of the things I had mentioned about at least the way RPI was when I was there... I have a visceral reaction that it's hers if she wants it.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  20. #700
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    186,790

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    As much as I can definitely understand removing the coach (definitely been a long time coming similar to the old men's coach), it is disappointing that the women's program will not receive the same attention as the men's. Yes, I understand that men's program brings in more money and that the greenbacks speak, but it does expose some of the previous feelings I've expressed about the 'tute. Furthermore, given one of the assistants is being interviewed, and considering one of the things I had mentioned about at least the way RPI was when I was there... I have a visceral reaction that it's hers if she wants it.
    One of the assistants is male and one is female. Do you know that the one being interviewed is Christie Cicero? IMO neither assistant has much experience.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •