Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1001

Thread: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

  1. #561
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    the college purists need to get over it. Nashville's atmosphere is the best thing to happen to the NHL and hockey in a long time.
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

  2. #562
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,732

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Seems like a lot of the, “talking-heads”, are infatuated with the chants coming from the Nashville fans as if they’ve never heard anything like it. Here’s a suggestion from the HC of the Nepean Raiders (CCHL)......
    They've had some practice... doesn't Alabama Huntsville play a few games there?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  3. #563
    Not a player, I just crush a lot
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    In a canoe paddlin', makin' fun of your yacht
    Posts
    25,258

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by ServinisScores View Post
    the college purists need to get over it. Nashville's atmosphere is the best thing to happen to the NHL and hockey in a long time.
    Lighten up, Francis. The guy's just pointing out that it's not original.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

  4. #564
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    3,006

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by ServinisScores View Post
    the college purists need to get over it. Nashville's atmosphere is the best thing to happen to the NHL and hockey in a long time.
    It's not about college purism. It's being a little annoyed that they're being held up as this bastion of creativity when most of the chants are commonplace in NCAA Hockey and they post all of them online so people can be prepared. It's a bit like Lynah; the atmosphere is great (if you don't hate Cornell), but they aren't coming up with this stuff on the spot.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

  5. #565
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Cloud View Post
    Lighten up, Francis. The guy's just pointing out that it's not original.
    Speaking of Mr. Get Off My Lawn, Happy Summah!
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

  6. #566
    I'm an Implant Engineer
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North Shore of MA
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by lugnut92 View Post
    It's not about college purism. It's being a little annoyed that they're being held up as this bastion of creativity when most of the chants are commonplace in NCAA Hockey and they post all of them online so people can be prepared. It's a bit like Lynah; the atmosphere is great (if you don't hate Cornell), but they aren't coming up with this stuff on the spot.
    ....like I was saying about the purists (see bold) - most of the hockey world understands the newness of the market and moves on. If you feel better denigrating them, go for it.
    Class of '93

    16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

  7. #567
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    185,456

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Today is 7 June 2017. There are 116 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.

  8. #568
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    185,456

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    The halfway point of the offseason is at 6/18/17 8:52:30 based upon 7PM on 10/1/17 for the first game. Hopefully we will get the correct schedule soon.

  9. #569
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Niskayuna, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,372

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by ServinisScores View Post
    ....like I was saying about the purists (see bold) - most of the hockey world understands the newness of the market and moves on. If you feel better denigrating them, go for it.
    No one at RPI should be annoyed. They have stolen their share of chants from Cornell. Good for NHL to have a rink with atmosphere like that.

  10. #570
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    185,456

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy


  11. #571
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    185,456

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by ServinisScores View Post
    ....like I was saying about the purists (see bold) - most of the hockey world understands the newness of the market and moves on. If you feel better denigrating them, go for it.

  12. #572
    Beat'em, bust'em, that's our custom REDRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WAY over your head
    Posts
    3,353

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Maybe if UNH stopped throwing fish, they might actually win something.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe24 View Post
    Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

  13. #573
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    185,456

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Today is 8 June 2017. There are 115 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.

  14. #574
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,732

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    No one at RPI should be annoyed. They have stolen their share of chants from Cornell. Good for NHL to have a rink with atmosphere like that.
    The argument sorts of reminds me of Don Cherry's sour grapes (pun intended) after WJC 2010, when he claimed the USA only won gold because of them, after hearing claims about American development.

    Media can claim what they want. At the end of the day, it promotes the sport, which I'm sure all of us can agree is a good thing.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  15. #575
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,732

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by REDRocket View Post
    Maybe if UNH stopped throwing fish, they might actually win something.
    Isn't there another rivalry game that involves "throwing of the fish", and don't both those teams have hardware?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  16. #576

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    30,472
    Quote Originally Posted by REDRocket View Post
    Maybe if UNH stopped throwing fish, they might actually win something.
    Winner!!!

  17. #577
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    185,456

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    For the 1st in-season thread, how about "RPI Hockey 2017-18: Troy Goes to Troy" as a sequel to this thread?

  18. #578
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,732

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    For the 1st in-season thread, how about "RPI Hockey 2017-18: Troy Goes to Troy" as a sequel to this thread?
    Remember what happened the last time we referenced players in the thread?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  19. #579
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    185,456

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Remember what happened the last time we referenced players in the thread?
    Yes. That was one reason why I posted this at this time.

  20. #580
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    185,456

    Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

    Today is 9 June 2017. There are 114 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 1 October 2017 for the start of next season.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •