This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017 Off-Season (Part II): Mr. Smith Goes to Troy

I agree. Anything can happen. One of the goalies could get really hot. Or there could be a significant injury or two making line combinations a challenge. There are certainly many teams RPI will be able to challenge. If they play the majority of games for a full 60 minutes, other teams will respect them. And when teams respect you, they play you differently. They give you more space. They become intimidated and that takes them off their game. So I don't think a .500 season or better is out of the question. I watched Princeton against Union last season. Union was lucky to get out of that series and move on. RPI can be such a team. If they are hungry. I am excited to see what they bring this season. And as long as they play with passion for 60 minutes I will call it a success.

Comment

20 wins, home ice and a trip to LP. No the summer heat is not getting to me.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Today is 3 August 2017. There are 58 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.

No complete roster yet.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
          Is "more than last season" an acceptable number for my guess on total wins?

Actually, I also would be fine if we have substantially more ties than last season as well. The point total perhaps more than the raw win total will be (for me at least) a slightly better metric of progress. Enough already with the other team tying late in regulation / winning in overtime!
          Forget wins and points. Coach Smith must change the attitude and culture that currently exists within the locker room/program. Only then, will you start to see that translate into whatever one's definition of success might be.
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
            Forget wins and points. Coach Smith must change the attitude and culture that currently exists within the locker room/program. Only then, will you start to see that translate into whatever one's definition of success might be.
            IMO the 1st step has already been taken with the hiring of a new HC.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
              Wow man let it go.....Your boy toy is better off now and you know it....Stop being upset he had to leave town and you need to find a new lover.....It will happen if you let it.....You got him maybe you can get Smith...
              drinking again, are we?
              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I'm sure this past year, Doc enjoyed the "reprieve" of having to buy expensive jewelry for Jenny...
                Dude: Jenny has so many different things she collects. Some for investment, some for fun, and some just for the sake of having some things that virtually no one else does. Jewelry and watches fit all three of those categories. But her newest passion is something that basically fits the first two. The Chinese invented gunpowder approximately 1100 years ago in the 9th or 10th century. Since that time almost no one has lost much money on a firearm. If you do your homework, and purchase wisely, it can be very rewarding.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying the summer. I'm hoping to see more discipline. Less bad penalties at bad times. At times we were a team that crossed the line a bit.

It will also be interesting to see how games are officiated against us. It seemed like we were on the short end of some bad calls over the past few seasons, not to mention some games where we were shorthanded 2, sometimes 3 to 1.

Comment

Today is 4 August 2017. There are 57 days until RPI's next game.

No complete roster yet.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                      Hi all, hope everyone is enjoying the summer. I'm hoping to see more discipline. Less bad penalties at bad times. At times we were a team that crossed the line a bit.

It will also be interesting to see how games are officiated against us. It seemed like we were on the short end of some bad calls over the past few seasons, not to mention some games where we were shorthanded 2, sometimes 3 to 1.
                      You make a great point. SA was not a favorite of the officials. He got off to a very bad start and never really recovered.
                      He also never seemed to get some of the players to be disciplined on the ice causing some very stupid penalties.
                      We'll see if Smith can turn that around. It should give us a couple of more victories down the line.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

It's been a long summer... and I came across some summer reading.

Sean Pickett (BU stathead poster said with admiration) put together a thread on comprehensive goalie stats going back, well, much further than you'd want to go. Looking at last year's data, Chase Perry had almost as many quality starts (17/18) as Sakellaropolous, with somewhat less ice time than his Union counterpart.

All things considered, Chase had a pretty good year. Adding Linden Marshall could make goaltending a real strength of our team this year. Just sayin'.

((Unfortunately, looks like Sean's goaltender thread is no longer available...))
                        Last edited by fr. joe; 08-04-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                          It's been a long summer... and I came across some summer reading.

Sean Pickett (BU stathead poster said with admiration) put together a thread on comprehensive goalie stats going back, well, much further than you'd want to go. Looking at last year's data, Chase Perry had almost as many quality starts (17/18) as Sakellaropolous, with somewhat less ice time than his Union counterpart.

All things considered, Chase had a pretty good year. Adding Linden Marshall could make goaltending a real strength of our team this year. Just sayin'.

((Unfortunately, looks like Sean's goaltender thread is no longer available...))
                          http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...rts&highlight=
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 5 August 2017. There are 56 days (8 weeks) until RPI's next game.

No complete roster yet.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 6 August 2017. There are 55 days until RPI's next game.

No complete roster yet.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 7 August 2017. There are 54 days until RPI's next game.

No complete roster yet.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X