X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Any Given Sunday was awful...it took every stupid cliche, chewed them up, spit them out, then re-ate them crapped them out and ate the crap.
    It can't be worse than Draft Day. I mean, can it?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It can't be worse than Draft Day. I mean, can it?
      Does Draft Day have Cameron Diaz as the owner of an NFL team and have Dennis Quaid as a Marino like NFL QB on his last legs who is abused by his wife? And better yet, is it filmed using every crappy Oliver Stone "I know film better than anyone in the history of film" technique?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I kinda liked Draft Day. Would have been better with anyone else other than Costner, but you can say that about any of his movies.

Except he was kinda good in Silverado. Actually seemed human.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I've been pretty sick the last three days. When I wasn't sleeping, I caught a few movies.

The Deerhunter - that was one big fat meh. I don't get how this is so highly rated. The first hour was wholly useless.
          Any Given Sunday - Awful. No redeeming qualities.
          Michael Clayton - pretty good
          War Dogs - surprisingly good and interesting
          Catch me if you can - also good
          Insomnia - Creepy but boring
          The first two: Wholly agree.
          Catch Me: I like it. Amazing how true a lot of those things were.
          The last one: I didn't think it was boring, but definitely creepy.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Costner was awesome in No Way Out and Bull Durham so suck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              OK, I'll give you those. Most of his movies?
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Finally got around to seeing Tropic Thunder.

Solid B rating. I found it funny and holding up well...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  He was pretty good as Devil Anse in Hatfields and McCoys too. But, that wasn't a movie.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    OK, I'll give you those. Most of his movies?
                    There are a limited number of TYPES of characters that Costner does well. Outside of that, he's reaching and it shows.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I like Costner...I think he makes weird movies that try to be more than they need to be sometimes but overall I enjoy more of his films than I hate.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The first hour is brilliant. Once they leave for Nam it's meh.
                        The story, such as it is, has holes you could drive a semi through. For example: When everyone and his brother is trying to get out of Saigon, De Niro just waltzes back in to look for his buddy. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          No Way Out is a terrible movie so I can't tell if he was any good.

But nobody else could have done Bull Durham like him. He was perfect for the role. Actually, that movie was perfectly cast up and down.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                            The story, such as it is, has holes you could drive a semi through. For example: When everyone and his brother is trying to get out of Saigon, De Niro just waltzes back in to look for his buddy. Ridiculous.
                            Sure, but nothing that happens after the hunt matters. The movie should have ended there.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Sure, but nothing that happens after the hunt matters. The movie should have ended there.
                              Doesn't Walkens character turn bat chit crazy as a result of the war? It's been a long time since I'd seen it, but I'm pretty sure that's a big part of the story, pertaining to the tragedy of what happens to soldiers in a brutal war like that.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It is. But I thought there were much better ways to show the psychological damage war causes.

I seem to remember liking "Born on the Fourth of July"

ETA: The ending just seemed like a senseless tack on.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X