This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    And I would think the same question must hold true for other studios owned by Disney. It wouldn't make sense for them to include rated R movies from some of their subsidiaries, given that they're going to market the service as the Disney brand.
    Disney is starting to include more and more of the non-kid stuff. I just got back from a Disneyland trip (**** y'all I like Disney) and Marvel and Star Wars were everywhere, heck they just redid Tower of Terror at DCA as a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. It's not the R-rated stuff but it's not all Princesses.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Disney is starting to include more and more of the non-kid stuff. I just got back from a Disneyland trip (**** y'all I like Disney) and Marvel and Star Wars were everywhere, heck they just redid Tower of Terror at DCA as a Guardians of the Galaxy ride. It's not the R-rated stuff but it's not all Princesses.
      I believe Disney was the parent company for Tombstone. Which is NOT a kids' movie.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I believe Disney was the parent company for Tombstone. Which is NOT a kids' movie.
        Yup, under the Hollywood Pictures arm.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I thought ABC owned ESPN? Are they both owned by Disney?

Jesus, just sell ESPN to NBCS or FoxSports and cut their losses. ESPN is AOL at this point.
          ESPN might still be their most profitable entity right now. I know it was five years ago.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yes Disney has companies that make adult themed stuff but Disney itself shies away from it. Doing something through Marvel Studios, Miramax, Lucasfilm, or Buena Vista back in the day or Hollywood Pictures shields them in many resects. (even though it is common knowledge they own the studio) It can also be used later on to help with the creative accounting studios love to do to avoid paying points on the back end.

see also: Warner Brothers and New Line Cinema
            Last edited by Handyman; 08-11-2017, 12:11 AM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Mookie can watch Netflix here. If he can watch a Disney streaming service that offers extras here that is a plus (he can't get his hbo, espn, etc now that comes via Directv) and Mookie will pay, oh its true, it's dam* true (Mookie can watch wwe network )
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Touchstone??

E$PN is a huge drain on Di$ney resources. The huge right$ fee$ paid to conference$, pro league$ plus the cord cutters have hurt the World Wide Leader'$ bottom
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Do not click if you have not seen The Hateful 8. Otherwise... please proceed.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Do not click if you have not seen The Hateful 8. Otherwise... please proceed.
                    I still love that movie. Love it.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Love the first half. Big let down in the second half, but Quintin gonna Quintin.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Lion. Really fine movie.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Not his best, but dam good.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Sinatra: To Be Frank

Doc on Sinatra's career. Pretty good. I remember his later years, it was good to learn about his early career and how it started.

Comment

What The Health? on Netflix

Coworker watched it and turned vegan because of it. He's lost some weight and feels better. However, I think that's because there's just less food that he can eat, which is fine if it's helping, but not necessarily making the case for vegan being that much better than a normal diet.

As far as the film itself: I think North Korea makes more subtle propaganda films.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                As far as the film itself: I think North Korea makes more subtle propaganda films.
                                Kinda why I have avoided that movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X