X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    How the eff had you not seen EuroTrip?
    There are rumors, which you can't breathe to Dr. Mrs. or she foams at the mouth, that I am over two hundred years old.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Handy can back me on this:

SKI SCHOOL RULED.
      Yes Ski School did in fact rule
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Road House begins and ends the discussion of great bad movies.
        Road House is something else, it's not what I'm talking about. It's great and it's bad but it's just too darn competent to be a great bad movie.

I would say it's because the major tone of Road House is genre movie, not dumb movie. That's it. Road House, somehow, is just not gloriously, intentionally, dumb enough. You get the idea that at some moment during Road House somebody -- probably the chick in the picnic tablecloth dress -- was actually trying.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Eurotrip.

I only even heard about it because of the video for "Scotty Doesn't Know." I did not expect anything.

It is ridiculously, stupidly funny.
          Agreed -- I love this movie. And the cameo of Matt Damon makes me smile everytime.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          "This isn't where I parked my car!"
          This is my husband's and my go to line when something ridiculous is happening. We watched Eurotrip on our 3rd date.
          Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Road House is something else, it's not what I'm talking about. It's great and it's bad but it's just too darn competent to be a great bad movie.

I would say it's because the major tone of Road House is genre movie, not dumb movie. That's it. Road House, somehow, is just not gloriously, intentionally, dumb enough. You get the idea that at some moment during Road House somebody -- probably the chick in the picnic tablecloth dress -- was actually trying.
          I haven't seen Road House, but having just gone to see Point Break for the first time (they have Cult Classics on the 3rd Thursday of the month at our local theater and the June movie was the original Point Break), tcbg and I decided we should watch Road House too.

Comment

ewe: you need to not only watch Road House, you need to OWN a copy. It's that gloriously bad.

Horsemen:

A recently widowed detective still grieving over his wife's death discovers a shocking connection between a serial killing spree and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

It's "Se7en"-lite. Hack writing, but man, the actors did the most with it and salvaged it. Ziyi Zhang continues to be one of my fave actresses in her role. Definitely recommend despite the obvious flaws for this type of movie.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Road House isn't that good. There are only a half dozen movies everyone should own. That's not even in the top 50. Or 100.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Road House isn't that good. There are only a half dozen movies everyone should own. That's not even in the top 50. Or 100.
                THAT'S THE POINT. It is an awesomely horrible movie. I mean, come on. "I used to f* guys like you in jail" is supposed to be intimidating? "Pain don't hurt." "No one wins a fight." Turrible.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Holy ****, man. "Get Out". That's how you make a movie.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Holy ****, man. "Get Out". That's how you make a movie.
                    Agreed -- loved it.

Comment

I don't see the point of owning a movie that sucks. I mean now many times can you go MST3K on the same bit?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I don't see the point of owning a movie that sucks. I mean now many times can you go MST3K on the same bit?
                        I still laugh when I pop in Rock Of Ages. Same with Road House. Sometimes you just need some dumb hilarious entertainment.

Comment

THAT'S THE POINT. It is an awesomely horrible movie. I mean, come on. "I used to f* guys like you in jail" is supposed to be intimidating? "Pain don't hurt." "No one wins a fight." Turrible.
                          buddy of mookie's wanted to build a dalton doll with the pull string in the back where the doll would spit out those great lines

there's always barber college
                          is she?
                          consider it severence pay
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            buddy of mookie's wanted to build a dalton doll with the pull string in the back where the doll would spit out those great lines

there's always barber college
                            is she?
                            consider it severence pay
                            Although not Dalton, what a great line:
                            That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that.

Comment

Although not Dalton, what a great line:
                              That gal's got entirely too many brains to have an ass like that.
                              well i sure as heII ain't gonna show you my d!ck
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

ewe: you need to not only watch Road House, you need to OWN a copy.
                                The best way to watch Road House is to be channel surfing and run across it. It is perpetually on TNT, TBS, and Spike.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X