• Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Wait, what? Kingsman sequel?
    Splosions, yes.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Splosions, yes.
      If it is worth a popcorn box and an afternoon of "ah, who cares?" I am game. If it is a "just throw a bunch of action at them, they won't care" (aka Bay), then eff that.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Getting "Split." Hope this is good.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Getting "Split." Hope this is good.
          That's what she said.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            That's what she said.
            IALTO.

(I always love that one)

Comment

I hated The Kingsman...sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I liked it. Thought I wouldn't. Great popcorn movie.

Comment

Great popcorn movie.
                  What does that mean, Brent?

Comment

finally watched Eastern Promises the other day. will watch again.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    dude!!!!! that was a rather entertaining movie
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Eastern Promises was so friggin' good. VIGGO! (true story: he forgot to remove his tattoo makeup one day, and walking into a place, and everyone really thought he was a vor z zakone member). Oops.

burd: Popcorn movie is a movie where you suspend all disbelief, grab a big bucket of popcorn, and just enjoy the show. Usually applied to action movies. See also: Crank, Independence Day (original), Taken.

Comment

burd: Popcorn movie is a movie where you suspend all disbelief, grab a big bucket of popcorn, and just enjoy the show. Usually applied to action movies. See also: Crank, Independence Day (original), Taken.
                        Got it. Comes easy for me, for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Got it. Comes easy for me, for some reason.
                          Because you are from North Dakota and chose to live in Wisconsin? The amount of suspension of disbelief needed to accept that is staggering

And Brent I love a good popcorn flick but Kingsman was just stupid. The ridiculous acrobatics they did during fights was only part of the stupidity. Any movie where afterwards I ask "what the hell did I just watch?" or where halfway through I am looking for my laptop so I can play solitaire is an awful action flick.

Taken was ridiculous, but then again so is Die Hard but they at least have a story that engages. The Kingsman was just "Hey look, lets have a bunch of young dudes in England doing Parkour and let Colin Firth collect a paycheck cause...reasons!"
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Guessing you won't like K2 as mookie remember she reading Firth has a role there (even though he's dead )
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Guessing you won't like K2 as mookie remember she reading Firth has a role there (even though he's dead )
                              Yeah, K2, I dunno. Only reason I really liked Taken 2 was because of Rade. I mean, it was okay, but Rade made it awesome.

Comment

Hey, K2 is a great, though trashy, Michael Biehn film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102178/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Oh, you're talking about a totally different K2. :embarassed:
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X