X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

I actually meant TFW...total Freudian Slip
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I read ANH, my brain recognized ANH, but it said, "f-ck it" and still processed it as TFA.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I didn't care for TFA at all. In fact the best part of the movie was the ending. I will say in its defense that it recaptured the allure and charm of IV-VI that was completely lost in I-III, I liked many of the characters and I have a feeling it will setup VIII really well. But on its own it's meh at best.

Comment

I don't get TFW hate. I loved it.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I don't get TFW hate. I loved it.
            I dont hate it...I just feel if it had come out instead of the prequels it wouldnt be as beloved. (not by you but many others including myself) Put it this way, I have seen the original trilogy hundreds of times, the prequels a few times (well mostly just #3 the other 2 are unwatchable) and The Force Awakens once. I have literally never felt the need to watch it again. It hit the right notes, but was nothing special outside of seeing a Star Wars film in the theater. (which is an experience)

Speaking of Star Wars...with 3 weeks or so left in filming the directors of the Han Solo film left the project. You dont see that very often...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Related: We Live In Public is one of the scariest documentaries I've seen. TSPE reminded me of this doc. In WLIP, a number of people are given free room and board, no rules, really, they have to live as a small community, but they are on tape 24/7. As the creator of the experiment puts it: everything is free, except the footage. WE own that. The degeneration that follows is horrifying. No "reality" tv at this time. The creators just let things happen, as in TSPI.
              These results are eerily similar to the "mouse utopia" experiments of the 1950s.

Scientists introduced 2 pairs of breeding mice into an environment in which there were no predators, and they were provided with all the food and water they needed, so that they didn't even have to forage to find food. At first, the mouse population grew just fine, but after a time, they had a complete breakdown in society, young males became more concerned with grooming than mating, female fertility plummeted, and eventually they all died off.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I dont hate it...I just feel if it had come out instead of the prequels it wouldnt be as beloved. (not by you but many others including myself) Put it this way, I have seen the original trilogy hundreds of times, the prequels a few times (well mostly just #3 the other 2 are unwatchable) and The Force Awakens once. I have literally never felt the need to watch it again. It hit the right notes, but was nothing special outside of seeing a Star Wars film in the theater. (which is an experience)

Speaking of Star Wars...with 3 weeks or so left in filming the directors of the Han Solo film left the project. You dont see that very often...
                I heard that. That's odd but there's a lot of weird stuff going on with these "universe" movies. So many universes now and a lot of politics everywhere.

I've watched it 2 or 3 times. There are certain scenes in it that are so good I continue to enjoy them over and over again.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I read that they were fired from the production, not that they voluntarily left. Nothing I read went into it too deeply, only that they weren't making their bosses very happy.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It doesnt matter whether they left or were fired...switching directors before the end of principle photography is a very risky proposition. They already have 2 sets of reshoots planned because of it. (well one is because of it one was planned) Han Solo is going to be a very expensive production and the post production is going to be intense. I would not be surprised if it gets delayed. (and it probably should)

As for ticking off Disney...it isnt exactly a secret that Disney can be kind of a pain in the butt to deal with.

And yeah these big universe deals are becoming a quagmire. I mean Universal is taking a bath on their "Dark Universe" no one wanted and Pirates Transformers looks to be dying out too. (even with international numbers it looks like TF is going to underperform) Sony is already planning like 5 Spiderman spinoffs (will Iron Man be in all of them too?) and of course Disney is milking Star Wars for everything they have and so on and so on. Standalone films re going to become increasingly rare. Not a smart move imho.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The stand alone films will be relegated to the studios' smaller production arms, the traditional art-house studios that they acquired however many years prior.

I don't even know what the "Dark Universe" is. Is that a reference to DC and its style?
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        The stand alone films will be relegated to the studios' smaller production arms, the traditional art-house studios that they acquired however many years prior.

I don't even know what the "Dark Universe" is. Is that a reference to DC and its style?
                        No. Universal owns the rights to all the old monster movies. Frankenstein, The Mummy, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, etc. They now started a universe out of it. Go figure. The Tom Cruise movie is the first in the Universe of films to be created.

Marvel did this right. Now everyone jumps in the middle. And now because of Marvel even Marvel is jumping the shark.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

DC is Warner Brothers not Universal. The "Dark Universe" was what they called all the monster reboots they had coming out. The Mummy was supposed to kick it off but it crapped the bed. They had Bardem playing Frankenstein, Depp playing the Invisible Man and so on. It is the second time they tried to do this and it just fails miserably.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

DC is Warner Brothers not Universal. The "Dark Universe" was what they called all the monster reboots they had coming out. The Mummy was supposed to kick it off but it crapped the bed. They had Bardem playing Frankenstein, Depp playing the Invisible Man and so on. It is the second time they tried to do this and it just fails miserably.
                            It is just not a compelling story. It's been told a million times. And I don't get how they thought somehow making a universe of it would be compelling either. It's just dumb.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              It is just not a compelling story. It's been told a million times. And I don't get how they thought somehow making a universe of it would be compelling either. It's just dumb.
                              They see the $11B that marvel has made and they want a piece of the pie. Simple as that. Franchise movies are seen as a free ATM. Unfortunately the bubble is bursting if you don't do it right.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                They see the $11B that marvel has made and they want a piece of the pie. Simple as that. Franchise movies are seen as a free ATM. Unfortunately the bubble is bursting if you don't do it right.
                                I get that, but the MU is compelling because for the first time we can do comic book movies in live action and have them cross over. The characters are also very compelling for the most part. There is an appeal to every demographic.

Wolfman, Invisibleman, Dracula, Frankenstein, The Mummy... There isn't a compelling character in there. Too generic, too many men. etc.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X