X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The first scene where you see her in her full costume (well done, glad they ultimately changed it to match the comic book in color scheme) and she goes to battle might be my favorite superhero movie scene ever. It rivals the puny god scene from Avengers.
    Just read an interview with the director and she had to fight to get that scene in the movie. Many wanted it cut. Definite spoilers if I post the article so I won't but I'm thrilled that not only was that my favorite scene but according to the director, hers as well.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I'm kind of surprised that I really want to see Wonder Woman.
      I am in the same category. I almost never go to see movies in first-run theaters, maybe four or five total the past seven years or so; but I am thinking of seeing this one.

The Force Awakens, the three Lord of the Rings movies, and V for Vendetta
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I'm not a comic book/movie guy. Superman/Batman are about it (and yes, lately toss in Deadpool and Kickas*). Have never seen any of the Spidermans or Avenger Universe Wolverine whatever movies.

The rep that WW is getting (and apparently earning) is getting me very interested.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm not a comic book/movie guy. Superman/Batman are about it (and yes, lately toss in Deadpool and Kickas*). Have never seen any of the Spidermans or Avenger Universe Wolverine whatever movies.

The rep that WW is getting (and apparently earning) is getting me very interested.
          Same here. Deadpool and Watchmen are the only comic book movies that inspired me to actually pick up the comic book (Doctor Strange ought to have but I think I'm over the genre). My suspicion is that WW the movie is 8000x better than the comics were, just because of the profile of the typical comic book reader.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Same here. Deadpool and Watchmen are the only comic book movies that inspired me to actually pick up the comic book (Doctor Strange ought to have but I think I'm over the genre). My suspicion is that WW the movie is 8000x better than the comics were, just because of the profile of the typical comic book reader.
            Oh, I won't pick up the comic book, but hey, a good movie? Always open for that.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Oh, I won't pick up the comic book, but hey, a good movie? Always open for that.
              I highly recommend Watchmen. The comic is actually significantly better than the movie, and I loved the movie.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I highly recommend Watchmen. The comic is actually significantly better than the movie, and I loved the movie.
                I might check out the movie. I did hear good things. I honestly have a running list of about 120~ disc, 30-40~ streaming on Netflix for lists. It never ends, although I am not complaining.

Comment

The Watchmen graphic novel is amazing. The movie is good. Long, but pretty darn good.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I don't know how many of you have access to HBO movies, but I watched Mommie Dead and Dearest last night, and it was fantastic. An HBO documentary. It was more engrossing than Making a Murderer, I thought.

I won't ruin the plot, but basically the movie opens with a middle-aged woman having been brutally slain, by knife, in Springfield, MO. She has a daughter who appears to be both physically and mentally disabled, of middle teenage years, who is wheelchair bound and who is being harshly interrogated by some Wisconsin cops about the murder, and you're thinking "here we go again" with Wisconsin law enforcement and interrogating mentally incapacitated children. Then they show you this chilling text about the murder by the girl, AND THAT'S THE NORMAL PART OF THE MOVIE.

Down the rabbit hole you go.

Definitely watch it if you have an interest in well made true crime documentaries.
                    Holy crap I just watched this...what a truly horrible story. Very well done documentary thanks again for the recommendation!
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Apparently I got I subscribed here so I haven't kept up. A high school acquaintance of mine wrote and directed a movie that's won some independent film festival awards. It's finally out on Netflix and I watched it last night. Pretty interesting story and I like how he cut the two timelines together.

From what I read before I saw it I was expecting more of a horror movie but is much more suspenseful and not at all a horror flick. It's called Dig Two Graves and stars Ted Levine (Monk) and Samantha Isler (Sean Saves the World?). It's only 84 minutes but I think it's worth checking out if you already have Netflix.
                      Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 06-05-2017, 11:31 AM.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Saw Wonder Woman last night. Oh. My. God. Was it amazing. Best DC comic movie since The Dark Knight. Gal Gadot was was fantastic.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Al Pa as Joe Pa

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ource=facebook
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            He played Shylock as Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade.

I am not hopeful.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Elle. Worth the watch.

Comment

Valley Uprising

Great documentary about Yosemite rock climbing. Focuses on the 50 years of history in Yosemite. I didn't think I'd like it, but it's very good.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X