This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Manchester by the Sea is a masterpiece. That it didn't win best picture is a travesty.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Manchester by the Sea is a masterpiece. That it didn't win best picture is a travesty.
      It's amazing. And hard to watch. Since my family has had multiple people who have lost children, not sure I can watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        It's amazing. And hard to watch. Since my family has had multiple people who have lost children, not sure I can watch again.
        There are a few movies like that that I will not re-watch, and one that I will never watch. The after-effect. DX has seen one for sure (Killer Joe).

Ones I have seen that I will never watch again: Kids, Requiem For A Dream (Director's Cut), Killer Joe.
        One that I will never watch: Schindler's List

I just have a hard time dealing that that level of depression/f*ed up stuff. And need I remind anyone, American Psycho is a fave of mine. So...........yeah.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          There are a few movies like that that I will not re-watch, and one that I will never watch. The after-effect. DX has seen one for sure (Killer Joe).

Ones I have seen that I will never watch again: Kids, Requiem For A Dream (Director's Cut), Killer Joe.
          One that I will never watch: Schindler's List

I just have a hard time dealing that that level of depression/f*ed up stuff. And need I remind anyone, American Psycho is a fave of mine. So...........yeah.
          Ok, I've never heard of killer Joe...
          I watched schindlers, mostly because I was prepping to study abroad in Berlin and wanted to be as informed as possible. I might watch that again someday.
          Requiem? Never again (shudder)

Comment

A few scenes were haunting. My roommate had lasik today and had to stop every half hour or something to put in eye drops. I'm kind of glad. I needed a break with some of those scenes. It was pretty quiet during the fire aftermath scene. But the awkward humor was well-placed.

I might need to borrow the disc before my roommate returns it.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A few scenes were haunting. My roommate had lasik today and had to stop every half hour or something to put in eye drops. I'm kind of glad. I needed a break with some of those scenes. It was pretty quiet during the fire aftermath scene. But the awkward humor was well-placed.

I might need to borrow the disc before my roommate returns it.
              The fire scene is bad, the police station scene was heartbreaking
              Edit: ok it's all heartbreaking but the police scene was heart wrenching

Comment

The only movies I won't watch again are bad movies. I swore off The Departed but watched it again a year or so ago. I remembered immediately after the final scene.

Schindler's List and Requiem are both on my list to watch again.
                Code:

Comment

The fire scene is bad, the police station scene was heartbreaking
                  When the cop yelled, "gun" I lost it. It might have been the he scene that won him best actor.
                  Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    The only movies I won't watch again are bad movies. I swore off The Departed but watched it again a year or so ago. I remembered immediately after the final scene.

Schindler's List and Requiem are both on my list to watch again.
                    The bad movies for me are Buffalo 66, Tropic Thunder, and Birdemic. One of those doesn't really fit with the others, and fine. Horrible So horrible.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Killer Joe is so messed up, it's a sick, sick movie if one included the end. Great movie until that point. That ending.........(shudder)

Edit: Matt McC is awesome in his role. Completely awesome.

Comment

Tropic Thunder was friggin awesome. You don't know what you're talking about. It resurrected the careers of Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughey
                        Code:

Comment

Tropic Thunder was friggin awesome. You don't know what you're talking about. It resurrected the careers of Tom Cruise and Matthew McConaughey
                          Somehow I quit halfway through?

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that?
                            Code:

Comment

Somehow I quit halfway through?
                              You made it farther than me. The only good line was "You don't go full retard." That was a classic line, I admit. I got the humor, it just wasn't funny to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Thanks....putting it on now as I go to bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X