X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    They're also supposed to be streaming MLB, NHL, etc.
    That'll be a separate product/contract for purchase. Like the Men's Warehouse guy, I guarantee it.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      That's a really good question and I suspect the distribution agreements are insanely complicated contracts law and yet, as my realtor friend says, "price fixes everything."
      And I would think the same question must hold true for other studios owned by Disney. It wouldn't make sense for them to include rated R movies from some of their subsidiaries, given that they're going to market the service as the Disney brand.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        That's a different app. Disney offers streaming apps for its channels, and you log in via your cable TV account. This new service will be akin to Netflix, only purely Disney content. The only thing that makes me curious is if it holds true for all of the Marvel and Star Wars movies being released too. While they're owned by Disney, they're also held as separate film studios (Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm, respectively).
        Well last I heard Star Wars would be pulled from Netflix. (although i think they only have Rogue One anyways) Hulu has Indiana Jones so I would suspect they lose that.

Disney is a "no half measures" style studio...they will pull everything they have the rights too.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And I would think the same question must hold true for other studios owned by Disney. It wouldn't make sense for them to include rated R movies from some of their subsidiaries, given that they're going to market the service as the Disney brand.
          They will have multiple "channels" to make it work. When you purchase "Disney" you will also have access to the other streaming services as part of the deal. There will be lots of pop up ads saying "Buy Disney Streaming today for $25.99 and get access to ESPN and Marvel Streaming Channels thrown in!". They will make all sorts of stations based on their various studios and subsidiaries. The more "channels" you make the more bundles you can create which is more revenue streams.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            The Dark Tower was ok. Just ok.
            I've never read the books, but it's been getting savaged by both the YouTube critics and the dinosaur critics. Imagine if Peter Jackson had made LotR into a single, 90-minute film. You can imagine the nerd-rage already.

Consensus seems to be that if you're going to do this series properly, it should be a multi-season, episodic TV show like they've done with Game of Thrones.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Well last I heard Star Wars would be pulled from Netflix. (although i think they only have Rogue One anyways) Hulu has Indiana Jones so I would suspect they lose that.

Disney is a "no half measures" style studio...they will pull everything they have the rights too.
              They absolutely will too. Their cash cow is hurting bad (with zero signs of even slowing their losses) and they're desperate for a source of revenue to replace it.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                They absolutely will too. Their cash cow is hurting bad (with zero signs of even slowing their losses) and they're desperate for a source of revenue to replace it.
                How can anybody who owns Disney be hurting? Are they paying their execs $1B/day each?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  How can anybody who owns Disney be hurting? Are they paying their execs $1B/day each?
                  ESPN is hemorrhaging cash, along with their other cable TV properties. Mostly their ESPN stations, though, because they have huge NBA, NFL, and MLB contracts to go with a decline in subscribers - cord cutters.

Comment

ESPN is hemorrhaging cash, along with their other cable TV properties. Mostly their ESPN stations, though, because they have huge NBA, NFL, and MLB contracts to go with a decline in subscribers - cord cutters.
                    I thought ABC owned ESPN? Are they both owned by Disney?

Jesus, just sell ESPN to NBCS or FoxSports and cut their losses. ESPN is AOL at this point.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I thought ABC owned ESPN? Are they both owned by Disney?

Jesus, just sell ESPN to NBCS or FoxSports and cut their losses. ESPN is AOL at this point.
                      ABC is Disney. CBS is Viacom. NBC is Comcast.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        ABC is Disney. CBS is Viacom. NBC is Comcast.
                        I don't know any of this. I assume the boards of those three completely interlock and the largest private stakeholders are the same 10,000 people?
                        Cornell University

Comment

It has been that way for a while. ABC was bought by Disney in 1995. Viacom bought CBS in 1999 and Comcast bought NBC in 2009.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            It has been that way for a while. ABC was bought by Disney in 1995. Viacom bought CBS in 1999 and Comcast bought NBC in 2009.
                            You will be assimilated.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Rogue One is on Netflix Streaming as of this week.

A Kind Of Murder:

Noir movie about a writer who wishes his wife dead. And now she is. Let the mystery begin. For this style, it at least held my attention and didn't have TOO many "Oh, come ON!" twists like other movies in this style has. Worth a gander if you're into this style.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                That'll be a separate product/contract for purchase. Like the Men's Warehouse guy, I guarantee it.
                                AFAIK it won't be. The MLS digital rights were part of their rights deal that started a few years ago and will be on this service.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X