X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Cage can't really act, he can be Cage and if the role needs Cage then he's very good in it.
    Face/Off is where Cage and Travolta are at their most Cage-iest and Travolta-est ever. Still a fun movie, but....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Face/Off is where Cage and Travolta are at their most Cage-iest and Travolta-est ever. Still a fun movie, but....
      Agreed

Comment

The Newton Boys

Based on a true story (bonus footage of a Johnny Carson interview at the end) about some TX brothers that robbed a bunch of banks, never killing anyone. All-star cast, frankly, and it was a decent movie. It could have been better, but I think they got lazy with some parts. A movie like this shouldn't need a montage, for example. Definitely would watch again.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          His X got him an Oscar, but you'll never get me to say that Richard Dreyfuss wasn't robbed for Mr. Holland's Opus that year. Much better, more subtle performance.
          Solve for X.

Through his father, he is a nephew of director Francis Ford Coppola and of actress Talia Shire, and the cousin of directors Roman Coppola and Sofia Coppola, film producer Gian-Carlo Coppola, and actors Robert Carmine and Jason Schwartzman.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You think I don't know? It's one of the few wins where I call bullsheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
              So he takes Tom Skerrit's role? Meh.
              Pretty much. Didn't Goose have a kid? Maybe he's in training.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Deepwater Horizon was very good. They did a good job balancing drama with a glimpse into the technical side.

I feel they could have done more on the criminal side of this. Only so much time in a movie though and only so much you can say without getting into legal trouble.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  The original is a much better Indiana Jones 4 than the real Indiana Jones 4. Extremely entertaining escapist fare.

The sequel was meh.
                  Weren't these answers for the studio to the da Vinci code?? Not so much a new Indy.

Took my oldest to see the first one. We enjoyed that so much we went to the midnight opening for the 2nd. Mookie WOULD welcome the 3rd already...... though he ain't holding out hope for it to show up anytime ever
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Secret Life of Pets was tremendous.

The first 30 and last 30 make up for the middle 30. I imagine it's hard for anyone with a dog to make it through the last 10 without a tear in the eye.

It's not quite as good as Up or Ratatouille, but it's still very good.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The first 30 and last 30 make up for the middle 30. I imagine it's hard for anyone with a dog to make it through the last 10 without a tear in the eye.

Will add to list. Thanks!

Comment

I decided to go with sausage party because Netflix is perfectly weird and recommended it to me after Secret Life.

I wasn't sure about this movie until they called someone a "mashugana c_nt".

It was awful. It was awesome. I'm about 45 minutes in and haven't turned it off.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I decided to go with sausage party because Netflix is perfectly weird and recommended it to me after Secret Life.

I wasn't sure about this movie until they called someone a "mashugana c_nt".

It was awful. It was awesome. I'm about 45 minutes in and haven't turned it off.
                          That movie was SO wrong and hilarious at the same time. Stupid? Yes. Entertaining? Hell yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Secret life of pets rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Secret life of pets rules!
                              I think I treared up in the first 15 and last 15. I asked my roommate if she liked it. She said she thought it was ok. She didn't have a dog growing up though. I told her I assumed that was why.

I miss my dog. A lot.
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I think I treared up in the first 15 and last 15. I asked my roommate if she liked it. She said she thought it was ok. She didn't have a dog growing up though. I told her I assumed that was why.

I miss my dog. A lot.
                                I have two dogs and I'm sniffing

Comment

Working...
                                X