Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Lucia Apologist

Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

So I must be on a Die Hard kick (sue me) so I watched Die Hard With a Vengeance tonight. It's as good as I remember.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Is that the brother of Hans one? May be mookie's least favorite dh movie

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    So I must be on a Die Hard kick (sue me) so I watched Die Hard With a Vengeance tonight. It's as good as I remember.
    Nothing wrong with a movie series kick. Heck, nothing wrong with just being in a mood to watch a certain movie.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Not Deplorable FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Nothing wrong with a movie series kick. Heck, nothing wrong with just being in a mood to watch a certain movie.
    I marathon all of my Mel Brooks DVDs at least once a year.

I also have an annual tradition of watching Aspen Extreme around Thanksgiving, right before ski season starts.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I also have an annual tradition of watching Aspen Extreme around Thanksgiving, right before ski season starts.
    My NYE fallback plan is always Animal House/Blues Brothers, since that is what my family did growing up. USA network showed that EVERY NYE, and it was awesome (even if edited)
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lucia Apologist

I can only take Mel brooks in small doses.

I can only take Mel brooks in small doses.
    You also don't like Airplane!, so we already know you're:

Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

Actually.... I've never seen it.

Actually.... I've never seen it.
    You need to see it. It's a classic. Airplane II, well, it's great, but not the same. Many people vary on opinion on that sequel.

Lucia Apologist

I just don't like movies of that era. I like 90s and beyond.

Take Ten Things, a movie that will likely be looked down on by most kids under 30 and over 40. It's a great movie.

Take Ten Things, a movie that will likely be looked down on by most kids under 30 and over 40. It's a great movie.
    I can't say, since I've never seen it. I'm not open (in general) to older movies, but I force myself to watch them, and I've been pleasantly surprised.

Five Thousand Candles in the Wind!

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Aspen Extreme...its like Top Gun on the slopes! (that is what the VHS box said)

Personally I would rather watch Ski Patrol and Ski School but to each their own

On and another note I watched the movie Lion tonight...great story but the movie draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagged.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Five Thousand Candles in the Wind!

Ten Things is awesome!

I like movies from all eras though
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

On and another note I watched the movie Lion tonight...great story but the movie draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagged.

I get your point, but I like how all of the actors involved managed to play that sudsy crap straight. And, well, the two main characters were from Mt. Brighton, MI. So, it's a soft spot film for me.

It is time to remake Ski Patrol. I'll cut any b-tch who talks that movie down.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Ski School was better, though.

lubba wubba dub dub

Ten Things I Hate About You is Taming of the Shrew set in late 1990s/early 2000s California rather than 1690s/1700s Italy.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

there's a good buck in that racket.

where oh where is 'hot dog the movie' in this group?!?!?!?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

I guess we should also add Summer School to the list. Great bad movie.

And Alotta Fagina from Austin Powers is in that movie.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Wrong. Cause you can't have a young Yvette Nipar again. But Ski School was better. Can't remake that one either, cause the original is perfect as is.

I have a soft spot for Aspen Extreme also. It's one of the few movies I own on DVD(mostly, I collect tv series). Probably mainly because I loved Due South and Paul Gross is in it. And Teri Polo with the curly hair. Yum.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Thread Information