This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Starting with The Mummy would have been fine and I love the concept of the Dark Universe - especially as someone that grew up loving the original b&w's. The problem with The Mummy isn't the character it's the fact they let Cruise control everything and he pissed the opportunity down his leg.

Comment

I dont think people were too excited for the idea at all. When the movie was announced almost no one cared, the trailers didnt exactly set the world on fire and interest was never really in it which is why even opening weekend was terrible. And yeah they should have never given Cruise power but from the sounds of it the movie would have been no better anyways.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        I really like Tarantino too, though I'm not sure why. A little (or lot) darkness appeals to me for some reason that probably only therapy can explain.
        I think Tarantino hits a nerve if you grew up in the 70s. There are zillions of little details that are just right.

It is particularly effective if you grew up in the 70s and hated them.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          JJ Abrams = mystery box = unnecessary hidden details simply for the sake of being hidden.
          Christopher Nolan with Jonathan Nolan: cryptic, beautiful, subtle works of art
          Christopher Nolan without Jonathan Nolan: lazy, sprawling, overblown white elephants
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://moviepilot.com/p/alden-ehren...rectors-report

Here's why Han Solo directors were fired.

By all accounts, nobody at Lucasfilm has any doubt that he's the perfect man to bring the young Han Solo to life, and there have even apparently been rumblings that Lucasfilm may plan a Han Solo sequel in which Ehrenreich reprises the role.

Here's the catch, though. According to StarWarsNewsNet, as production went on, Ehrenreich felt increasingly uncomfortable. Lord and Miller were pushing a Star Wars film unlike any other, with a strong element of screwball comedy. One Lucasfilm insider actually compared it to Jim Carrey's performance in Ace Ventura, and something about it just wasn't sitting comfortably with Ehrenreich, StarWarsNewsNet reports.

Intriguingly, one insider told StarWarsNewsNet that there was even a continuity error that would have driven the fans wild, and Lord and Miller (directors who were fired) wouldn't budge on it.

By all accounts, Lucasfilm gave Lord and Miller an ultimatum — our way or the highway — and the duo wanted to do the film their way. "They thought they were brought on to make a Phil and Chris movie," a source close to the directors told EW, adding that they don't feel any anger at Ron Howard: "Somebody has to take over the movie."

In an ironic touch, screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan, who encouraged Lucasfilm to hire the duo in the first place, reportedly pushed hard for their dismissal.
            Good thing they were fired.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              https://moviepilot.com/p/alden-ehren...rectors-report

Here's why Han Solo directors were fired.

Good thing they were fired.
              now I want to see "Ace Ventura, A Star Wars Saga"
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                now I want to see "Ace Ventura, A Star Wars Saga"
                Gotta be better than Episode 1.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Gotta be better than Episode 1.
                  Tumbleweeds blowing in the wind could clear that low of a bar.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I dunno I almost always dismiss "insider reports". Those same types of insiders told us Wonder Woman was a hot mess and was going to fail miserably. Though it would not be surprising if they wanted to make it a comedy like that and Lucasfilm should have known that when they hired them. They are best known for The Lego Movie and 22 Jump Street.

Since I have no interest in a Han Solo prequel film I hope for the sake who do that it is good.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      I dont think people were too excited for the idea at all. When the movie was announced almost no one cared, the trailers didnt exactly set the world on fire and interest was never really in it which is why even opening weekend was terrible. And yeah they should have never given Cruise power but from the sounds of it the movie would have been no better anyways.
                      It's been done so many times already, the only way to make it workable would be to set it in another time and place; not do a "remake" so much as a "reboot." Instead of archaeologists going into an Egyptian tomb, maybe an archaeologist in Central America perhaps, or maybe explorers on another planet find an artifact of the creatures who once inhabited that world, with a warning label above the door ....

oh, wait, never mind....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Wick 2:

Awesome, minus one part. The Enter The Dragon reference. Horrible. Just about ruined the movie for me. I can't say more, spoilers. But that was really bad. That being said, it was pretty good overall.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Instead of a hundredth remake of the mummy I'd love to see a careful, rich, dark, deeply thought out remake of this. The closest I've seen is an X Files episode.

The medieval Jewish theology alone would be spectacular.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Mock me all you want, but not having read a single review to understand the hate....the wife and I went to see The Mummy and we were both entertained. I mean it's Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise and Crowe wasn't anything special, but Sofia Boutella was excellent in her role, there were plenty of creepy moments and well I don't give an eff we had fun. The story wasn't any more inexplicable than the Fraser offering albeit there was a bit less charm. Anabelle Wallis is also a stunner and blondes are usually not my thing. 3 out of 5 without hesitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Mock me all you want, but not having read a single review to understand the hate....the wife and I went to see The Mummy and we were both entertained. I mean it's Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise and Crowe wasn't anything special, but Sofia Boutella was excellent in her role, there were plenty of creepy moments and well I don't give an eff we had fun. The story wasn't any more inexplicable than the Fraser offering albeit there was a bit less charm. Anabelle Wallis is also a stunner and blondes are usually not my thing. 3 out of 5 without hesitation.
                              Would you say it's a Saturday Afternoon Killer? I am a BIG fan of the old school monster movies, which from what I understand this Cruise movie tried to replicate.....
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Would you say it's a Saturday Afternoon Killer? I am a BIG fan of the old school monster movies, which from what I understand this Cruise movie tried to replicate.....
                                Absolutely. Pay a matinee price and go in with no expectations as we did. I wouldn't buy it on DVD and it won't make anyone's, "Top xx" list but don't take it too seriously and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X