X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

The Mummy.

Getting slammed by critics and it does have some issues, however, I liked the plot AND I liked the villain. And that for me makes it an enjoyable popcorn flick.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The Mummy.

Getting slammed by critics and it does have some issues, however, I liked the plot AND I liked the villain. And that for me makes it an enjoyable popcorn flick.
      Would you rather watch this one or the Brenden Fraser one?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
        Would you rather watch this one or the Brenden Fraser one?
        Fraser one is better. The first one. This one over any Fraser sequels.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Saw Wonder Woman last night. Oh. My. God. Was it amazing. Best DC comic movie since The Dark Knight. Gal Gadot was was fantastic.
          saw this last night and really liked it as well. and if nobody knew who Ares was going to be, well
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Y Tu Mama Tambien.

Mexican road trip coming of age film directed by Alfonso Cuaron. Heavy amounts of sex and drugs, but really outside of the opening scene it's always used to further the plot. Also provides an interesting narrative on the changing economic and political landscape of Mexico at the time (1999).
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Miss Sloane

Loved it. Great political thriller.

Comment

Allied:

Basically a lazy version of Mr And Mrs Smith, which coincidentally also had Brad Pitt in it. Too many plot holes (especially in how they go about the operation) to even make it worthwhile to see.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

ok, so goodfellas is on.

when the guys are eating at pesci's mother's after they wack billy bats, deniro puts ketchup on his pasta?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

w
                  t
                  f
                  !
                  !
                  !
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    ok, so goodfellas is on.

when the guys are eating at pesci's mother's after they wack billy bats, deniro puts ketchup on his pasta?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

w
                    t
                    f
                    !
                    !
                    !
                    At the end of the day they're still just a bunch low-class goombas.

Comment

War On Everyone:

Two cops who are well-versed in corruption and bribery stumble upon a bigger caper than they are used to. Mostly comedy, a little drama at the end. Bizarre, surreal movie, and Michael Pena and Alexander Skarsgard are great together as the buddy cops. Worth a watch if you want something that's a little out there.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The Midnight Meat Train:

Bradley Cooper plays a photographer trying to capture the grit of the city. Stumbles upon a subway serial killer. Solid movie until it gets all Stephen King-y on it, then it's a bunch of horsesh*. First half is all mental thriller, second half is sci-fi/supernatural gore. Waste of a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          The Midnight Meat Train:

Bradley Cooper plays a photographer trying to capture the grit of the city. Stumbles upon a subway serial killer. Solid movie until it gets all Stephen King-y on it, then it's a bunch of horsesh*. First half is all mental thriller, second half is sci-fi/supernatural gore. Waste of a good story.
                          I loved the first half.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I loved the first half.
                            Ditto. When that twist was introduced, I finished the movie just to see how it ended, and to kill some time. Pretty much ruined the movie for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              Y Tu Mama Tambien.

Mexican road trip coming of age film directed by Alfonso Cuaron. Heavy amounts of sex and drugs, but really outside of the opening scene it's always used to further the plot. Also provides an interesting narrative on the changing economic and political landscape of Mexico at the time (1999).
                              It's definitely an art house style film. It's not bad but it's not something you just watch. Being a soccer person I always remember the line "anyone who roots for Club America is a f**." That line confirmed everything I'd heard about CA.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The Founder

I give it a solid B+, maybe even an A-. Keaton's performance as Kroc is perfect. Some critics seemed to bemoan that they glossed over his personal life, but I thought his martial issues, and heavy drinking were blended in just fine without needlessly extending the plot. We all know he carried on an affair with Joan for years, we don't need to see them making pillow-talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X