X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies: New Ideas Welcome II Prequel Reboot

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Kinda why I have avoided that movie.
    There's more than one scene where he calls up the American Cancer Society or a like organization and goes "Yes, I'd like to know why you offer recipes that contain meat, cheese, and eggs given the World Health Organization views it as a carcinogen?" and then plays it off as a 'gotcha' moment when they sit in silence. No, it's not because you beat them, it's because the people on the phones probably deal with people calling about random things like an email address not working.

Or another scene where he's pleading with a security guard to let him into the executive area of the building because, "We have to let the public know their diets are killing them!"
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The Glass Castle.

One of the most difficult movies I have ever sat through. Painful.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Girl On The Train:

Pretty solid until the Lifetime-y ending. The twists definitely help save the movie.

Scooby: just looked The Glass Castle up to see what you might have meant by "difficult." Yeah, dunno if I could sit through that. Not a place I really wanna go.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Girl On The Train:

Pretty solid until the Lifetime-y ending. The twists definitely help save the movie.
          Agree with this completely.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Bit of a sidetrack, but name two famous movies indirectly mentioned in this article.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201....html#comments
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              The Glass Castle.

One of the most difficult movies I have ever sat through. Painful.
              Because it sucks, or it's sad? I would like to watch it because I met the author/subject once, inspiring woman. The book was great.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                Because it sucks, or it's sad? I would like to watch it because I met the author/subject once, inspiring woman. The book was great.
                Didn't suck. I was sad for parts of it but I was more angry and uncomfortable than anything else.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sand Castle:

A reluctant soldier's platoon is sent to a hostile village to restore water in Iraq.

Pretty solid. Didn't stylize anything, nor did it get too graphic for a war movie. Pretty much about one man's experience and how his viewpoint changed a bit.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Flash Of Genius:

Auto companies trying to steal a man's invention of intermittent windshield wipers. Not too many liberties taken with this "based on a true story," but they were major ones, mostly procedural (acting as his own lawyer). Good drama. Feel-good movie, etc etc. Well-acted. Worth a watch.

Comment

• Underworld.

Feels like this movie's only redeeming feature is Kate Beckinsale.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Reluctant Saint. (1963)

Gentle, quirky story of a 17th century Italian stable boy who becomes a priest and is incompetent except... he floats when he prays. Highly recommended.

Also terrific supporting performance by a young and extremely handsome Ricardo Montalbán.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-17-2017, 11:40 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Underworld.

Feels like this movie's only redeeming feature is Kate Beckinsale.
                          You say that like it's a bad thing...

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            You say that like it's a bad thing...
                            Oh, she's hot. But the rest of the movie was dreck.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Summary of plane movies:
                              --Sleepless (Jamie foxx) - sucked ***. Wasn't even a good summer action film. Predictable from the get go. "He's a bad guy. Yep him too." I managed to pick out all of the bad guys immediately. The beginning of the plot was great. By the time they get into the middle of a pool of ****, he movie served as the filler in the pool.
                              --Power Rangers - meh. It didn't suck as much as I thought it would. Two out of four meatropes.
                              --Devil Wears Prada. I needed a sure thing after two meh movies. My roommate tells me I watch this movie far too frequently for a guy. Like once a year, so whatever.
                              --500 Days of Summer. Also a favorite of mine.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Surveillance: Should have saved it for Christmas week.

Comment

Working...
                                X