Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

angelo esposito - 1st round pick
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      No better example than Mr. Jeff Kealty,.
      Perhaps I was out of it, but did I not see Kealty on stage the other night at the NHL draft announcing the first round pick of the Predators?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        angelo esposito - 1st round pick
        Wow - I didn't realize how far he had fallen, and no, I'm not talking about his draft day. No NHL games. His best season in the AHL was 7 goals.

Is it wrong for me to wonder if he regrets blowing off a free degree? I'll never forget the BS from his dad. Something like "I don't know why they (the Remparts) drafted him, I told them all he is going to play at BU". Then Patrick Roy opened up his wallet, and tada!
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Wow - I didn't realize how far he had fallen, and no, I'm not talking about his draft day. No NHL games. His best season in the AHL was 7 goals.

Is it wrong for me to wonder if he regrets blowing off a free degree? I'll never forget the BS from his dad. Something like "I don't know why they (the Remparts) drafted him, I told them all he is going to play at BU". Then Patrick Roy opened up his wallet, and tada!
          Well BU wasn't going to give daddy the money to open another supermarket. BU got used by Adam Erne, too, to get his OHL rights to the preferred team.

Warsofsky joins Wilson and Nieto in Colorado.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Congrats to Assistant AD for Communications Brian Kelley. Well deserved.
            Brian Kelley‏ @BKelleyBU 16h16 hours ago
            Thrilled to announce that I'm heading to S. Korea in Feb. to join @usahockey Olympic staff. Grateful for such an incredible opportunity! 🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              Well BU wasn't going to give daddy the money to open another supermarket. BU got used by Adam Erne, too, to get his OHL rights to the preferred team.
              Ethan Werek and Anthony DeAngelo too? Or was Werek a different situation? I feel like he was more legitimately planning to come to BU (until he wasn't).

Incidentally, I looked up Werek's stats. He and Trivino (teammates in the OPHL) both spent time with the Portland Pirates. Werek had some time with the P-Bruins.

Comment

Warsofsky joins Wilson and Nieto in Colorado.
                Wilson to Colorado actually.

Comment

Ethan Werek and Anthony DeAngelo too? Or was Werek a different situation? I feel like he was more legitimately planning to come to BU (until he wasn't).

Incidentally, I looked up Werek's stats. He and Trivino (teammates in the OPHL) both spent time with the Portland Pirates. Werek had some time with the P-Bruins.
                  I recall hearing that Werek was all set to play in the USHL but his father, who owned Junior A teams in Canada, was convinced by scouts that his son would not get sufficient visibility in his draft year playing USHL hockey. So he went Major Junior. DeAngelo did play in the USHL, for Cedar Rapids, but there were injury and discipline issues described in this article.

Comment

"Congratulations to Assistant AD for Communications Brian Kelley, who will join the USA Hockey staff for the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea."

If the NHL players aren't going, the college players (and maybe minor leaguers) will be. Which will mean a few weeks without??? Oettinger, Greenway, Fabbro ... perhaps Hickey, Tkachuk, Harper, Bowers, Krys?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                      "Congratulations to Assistant AD for Communications Brian Kelley, who will join the USA Hockey staff for the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea."

If the NHL players aren't going, the college players (and maybe minor leaguers) will be. Which will mean a few weeks without??? Oettinger, Greenway, Fabbro ... perhaps Hickey, Tkachuk, Harper, Bowers, Krys?
                      If certain AHLers are an option (not sure if it would have to do with the type of contract they have), I would imagine they would make up at least a third of the roster, which would make it highly unlikely that more than a couple BU guys would go. Of course, before the NHLers went, the Olympic Team was decided in the fall, and players missed the entire season. Would that still be the case? In Tkachuk and McEachern, and maybe Scott Young, once they left for the Olympics, they didn't come back to BU.

Comment

If certain AHLers are an option (not sure if it would have to do with the type of contract they have), I would imagine they would make up at least a third of the roster, which would make it highly unlikely that more than a couple BU guys would go. Of course, before the NHLers went, the Olympic Team was decided in the fall, and players missed the entire season. Would that still be the case? In Tkachuk and McEachern, and maybe Scott Young, once they left for the Olympics, they didn't come back to BU.
                        Couple of ex-Terriers could be candidates for the US Olympic team: Wade Megan, who led the AHL in goals last season; Chris Bourque, always among top AHL scorers; and Matt Gilroy, coming off two All-Star seasons in the KHL. Gilroy just signed with Jokerit's KHL team, so will be sending head-man passes to almost-Eagle Eeli Tolvanen.

Comment

Greenway at Wild development camp: goals for junior season, Olympic opportunity
                          https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/develo...17/c-290334126

Comment

Of course, before the NHLers went, the Olympic Team was decided in the fall, and players missed the entire season. Would that still be the case?
                            FWIW - on the women's side, they red-shirt the full season to train with the Olympic team. (Poulin, et al. 2013-14)
                            I would assume it would surely be similar with the guys, especially if there won't be any NHL-ers.
                            Last edited by Rhett Hot; 07-10-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                              FWIW - on the women's side, they red-shirt the full season to train with the Olympic team. (Poulin, et al. 2013-14)
                              I would assume it would surely be similar with the guys, especially if there won't be any NHL-ers.
                              It would seem that won't be the case with the men's team, given what Greenway said:
                              "Honestly, it's probably in the back of my mind, yeah, but I'm just looking to have a good start for BU next year," Greenway said. "If I start the year on a good pace, I think hopefully I'll have a chance for the Olympic team."

Comment

It would seem that won't be the case with the men's team, given what Greenway said:
                                But I would think the Olympians would miss the Beanpot for sure. Not that they would complain about that tradeoff. Especially if upperclassmen go.

Comment

Working...
                                X