bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

It was pretty obvious all season that Quinn and Bellows were not on same page
    I was somewhat baffled that on a team that was still juggling the top two lines into the NCAA tourney
    that Bellows was not paired with Keller where there had been obvious chemistry the previous year
    Although not outstanding Bellows was on world junior team
    Think a comparison with AJ Greer is more appropriate that one with Kurker or Byron
    Time will tell

Comment

nhl is a leaague with many 1st rd picks who never pan out. no big deal
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

No big deal for who?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          No big deal for who?
          Us.

Who'd miss 7 goals

Gabe chabot should get us that

Comment

Ha. So he was destined only to score 7 again?

Comment

For all those out there that want 1st round picks benched and sat down for mistakes, this is what happens

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Ha. So he was destined only to score 7 again?
                Future returns are not indicative of past performance

Comment

I guess he dosent like to be held accountable?

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    I mentioned when someone else was leaving, if I was a parent, and my kid was supposed to make the NHL someday, and all of a sudden that may not be the case - wouldn't that be the time to be thankful that you went the NCAA route and are getting a free degree from a good school?.
                    You are assuming they are not blaming the coaching staff for being unfair to their angel/ future all star And that they don't assume their kid can do. I wrong.

Comment

Five Terriers among the 84 North Americans and 20 international players at the NHL Combine in Buffalo that began today: Oettinger, Bowers, Farrance, Crotty, Kotkansalo. Oettinger is reported to have one-on-one interviews with 27 teams.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-scoutin...?tid=277764372
                        4. Question of the day
                        Boston University goaltender Jake Oettinger (6-4, 212), No. 1 in NHL Central Scouting's final ranking of North American goalies, was asked in a team interview what personality trait he felt he possessed that would prevent him from playing in the NHL.

"I had to think about it and then told them I didn't think there was a personality trait of mine that would prevent me from playing," Oettinger said. "I think I have all the tools and the work ethic necessary to potentially be a No. 1 in the NHL one day."

Comment

New installment of Oettinger's NHL diary discusses Combine and more.
                          https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-draft-d...?tid=277764372

Personally, I thought I had a good year at Boston University. As a team we fell short of the goals we set and a lot of us, including myself, learned just how hard it is to win championships at the college level. I think it's more motivation this summer for a lot of guys to complete those goals and dreams of winning the Beanpot Tournament, Hockey East, and then winning the NCAA regional and Frozen Four. These are goals that every guy in our locker room has. We'll have to dig deep and remember the feeling of watching Harvard raise the Beanpot or watching the University of Denver win the national title on television when we were in our dorms. We have to use them as motivation to push us next season.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            It was pretty obvious all season that Quinn and Bellows were not on same page
                            I was somewhat baffled that on a team that was still juggling the top two lines into the NCAA tourney
                            that Bellows was not paired with Keller where there had been obvious chemistry the previous year
                            Although not outstanding Bellows was on world junior team
                            Think a comparison with AJ Greer is more appropriate that one with Kurker or Byron
                            Time will tell
                            Good reference (re: Greer). I think early departures to MJs should be measured case-by-case.

It worked out amazingly well for Greer; I for one didn't think he'd be an impact AHL rookie & get called up for 5 NHL games this season. It also worked out well for Charlie Coyle from a statistical standpoint, although I think he still would've ended up in the NHL at the same point if he had left BU after his So. year instead of halfway thru.

J.J. Piccinich put up solid #s in his 2 years in the OHL, but was already an older player on a stacked London Knights team (esp. in 2015-16 w/ Tkachuk, Marner, Dvorak, etc.). Have to take his production w/ a grain of salt IMO and it'll be interesting to see how he fares next season as a ECHL or AHLer.

As for Bellows, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up big #s next year in the WHL, signs his ELC w/ the Isles next Summer and is on their AHL affiliate (Bridgeport) roster in 2018-19. What he does in 2018-19 will be even more telling than in 2017-18 IMO.

Comment

Day 2 at the NHL Combine
                              https://www.nhl.com/news/heiskanen-m...?tid=289593026

4. Question of the day
                              Center Shane Bowers of Waterloo in the USHL was asked in a team interview for the name of the bar he went to while on a recent visit to Boston University. Bowers, No. 16 on NHL Central Scouting's final ranking of North American skaters, will play for the Terriers in 2017-18.

"I told them I didn't go into any bars," he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Nah they had a house party in HAA.

Sorry it was just too easy
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X