bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    The good news for BU fans is that they don't have Forrest Gump as their head coach like NU does so it shouldn't be too difficult for them.

Ah, so that's what NU's secret formula to winning has been for all these years!
    PapaG, I had the impression that you were a Screeching Eagle booster so I'm a bit surprised that you are writing to the aid of bu! Your description of our coach as a Forest Gumpish type is so far far from reality that you cause us to suspect that you know little or nothing about him beyond the spelling of his name.
    Next, I suppose you will suggest that a bu win against UMass amounts to a triumph of Dairy Queen over Carvel!

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
      PapaG, I had the impression that you were a Screeching Eagle booster so I'm a bit surprised that you are writing to the aid of bu! Your description of our coach as a Forest Gumpish type is so far far from reality that you cause us to suspect that you know little or nothing about him beyond the spelling of his name.
      Next, I suppose you will suggest that a bu win against UMass amounts to a triumph of Dairy Queen over Carvel!
      Mrs papa g is a terrior
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Mrs papa g is a terrior
        What did you say you mayjered in?🤔

Comment

Mrs papa g is a terrior

Comment

Not double posting 13 minutes later. That's only accredited at nu
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by HHound View Post
              I would be more impressed if you needed fewer freshman and had more juniors and seniors. To get that kind of experience and leadership, you need to recruit strong, coachable players who play together well and who also recognize the value of education and care about getting a degree.
              So like Somerby last year and Hickey this year? Two juniors who everyone expected to leave after 3 seasons but decided to come back?

Quinn has made it clear that he understands the need for balance between the Eichels and Kellers of the world and the Phelps and Olsson types.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Saw it the first time
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Saw it the first time
                  Oops! Sorry about that. Here in Budapest, the service is a bit spotty and sometimes messages leave the rink and are never seen or heard from again. And sometimes they repeat on you.
                  Just three weeks til the fun begins. Let's hope for a competitive season, and that our teams meet at the Gahden in March.🍺

Comment

I'm sorry, I guess now that you have an endowed coaching position I should refer to him as The Fernie Flaman Endowment Head Coach of Northeastern Forrest Gump. It's longer, but I can manage if it makes you happy, Lord knows you don't have much happiness during the hockey season.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Your collection of super duper junior players is exciting, but it puts the coaching staff on a treadmill that requires a semiannual overhaul.
                      Judging by the way they’ve filled up the pipeline, Quinn and Albie have mastered that treadmill.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                        Judging by the way they’ve filled up the pipeline, Quinn and Albie have mastered that treadmill.
                        I hear BU might be hiring John Calipari?

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                          I hear BU might be hiring John Calipari?
                          You're a tad late to this thread. #568 yesterday.
                          Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                          The Kentucky of college hockey??
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            You're a tad late to this thread. #568 yesterday.
                            And also mentioned about a year ago roughly when the NHL draft was taking place. To the extent that there might have been an argument at that time, I think this years class counters it. While there is some talent coming in at forward, only two guys are 1st rounders (Tkachuk and Bowers) and then it is a good blend of skill and maturity (read: 4 year guys). And while all the defensemen coming in are high round draft picks, there aren't any Charlie McAvoys in the group, so most are a good bet to be here 3 if not 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              And also mentioned about a year ago roughly when the NHL draft was taking place. To the extent that there might have been an argument at that time, I think this years class counters it. While there is some talent coming in at forward, only two guys are 1st rounders (Tkachuk and Bowers) and then it is a good blend of skill and maturity (read: 4 year guys). And while all the defensemen coming in are high round draft picks, there aren't any Charlie McAvoys in the group, so most are a good bet to be here 3 if not 4 years.
                              Not to mention Melanson coming in as an experienced grad transfer at forward. Exactly the kind of player many here have been calling for to balance the young talent.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Not to mention Melanson coming in as an experienced grad transfer at forward. Exactly the kind of player many here have been calling for to balance the young talent.
                                I hope he is an impact player. His resume reads a little like our last forward that was a graduate transfer (outbound)- led team in scoring as a freshman, but didn't do much after that. I know he has good speed, so that should help.
                                Last edited by defkit; 09-08-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X