Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 543

Thread: bu off-season - #1

  1. #201
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,595

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by buoldtimer View Post
    At this point, I'd settle for one.
    Icebreaker?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  2. #202
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    - If you read the actual quotes from Greenway, I wouldn't call it an absolute certainty that he comes back. I think that is his intention at this time, but apparently the Wild still have every intention of trying to sign him
    - On JFK, I think it is clear that the Bruins wanted to sign him to avoid losing him in a couple years, but see him as needing some time in the AHL. He used leverage (burn a year of the ELC), since he seemed to be fine with coming back to BU. They signed him, gave him a game, and now he will likely not play in Boston until he has had some seasoning in Providence. Of course, if Krejci is out beyond last night, it is certainly possible that JFK could play, but I think they stick wit more veteran pros.
    - McAvoy - he looked great, and I wan't surprised. He definitely kept things simple, but I also think he was more comfortable with the physical side, less worried that he might get called for hitting too hard. There is no doubt that he had a significant impact on the Bruins beating the trap. I think he has played his last AHL game.
    And if the Bruins don't lose two d-men to injury, McAvoy is stuck in the AHL as well.

    Be interesting to see who the B's turn to if Miller can't go Saturday. I'm rooting for Gryz. (obvs)

    There was a nice image floating around Twitter last night with all eight playoff series and how there is at least one former Terrier involved in all eight. And Bonino with a goal last night.

    Good news on Greenway. Can we bring Mike Grier in to teach him how to park in front of the net and gobble up rebounds?

    BU Hockey: The Past, Present, and Future
    It Happened!!!!

  3. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Agganis View Post
    Greenway is interesting because Minnesota seems to want to sign him, but has a deep forward group, so it would figure they want him in the AHL. Sam Anas, Alex Tuch, Mario Lucia, Adam Gilmour, Justin Kloos, and Luke Kunin are already on their AHL roster, unable to make the NHL team. If Greenway prefers one more year in Boston before beginning to bus around Iowa I'm not sure what the Wild could really give him to sweeten their offer, they couldn't give him an NHL spot over all 6 of those AHL players listed, right?
    I also wouldn't rule out a possibility that Greenway might be contemplating going the Kevin Hayes / Jimmy Vesey route, especially when the Wild has the depth they have as noted here. Ultimately his game is best-suited for the pros, but he needs to be more consistent. I also think he genuinely loves being at BU; returning is the right move for him and I think it'll be mutually beneficial.

  4. #204
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35,855

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    Icebreaker?
    baby steps
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  5. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,890

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    There was a nice image floating around Twitter last night with all eight playoff series and how there is at least one former Terrier involved in all eight.


  6. #206
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,218

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Michael russo is pretty connected, says wild have not been informed by greenway that he is returning to BU. so i would expect that one to play out over the summer possibly.

  7. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,218

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Was fascinating watching mcavoy last night because i don't know how you could have predicted him playing 24 minutes and playing so well. I didn't see every BU game but i never saw that performance coming. Was he fully invested at BU? Guys around him couldn't keep up? Have no idea but **** he was impressive.

  8. #208
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,595

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post

    I'm going to keep beating the drum for Charlie Coyle. The kid is a beast. Very likeable player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  9. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,890

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    In other Jordan Greenway news....

    He has been one of the first 15 named to the USA National Team competing in the IIHF World Championship. Only 2 other current college players on the team.

    http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rrer_id=695820

  10. #210
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    The PTI guys talked about "Chances Charlie McAvoy holds his own" on the show last night. #NationalExposure

  11. #211
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    In other Jordan Greenway news....

    He has been one of the first 15 named to the USA National Team competing in the IIHF World Championship. Only 2 other current college players on the team.

    http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rrer_id=695820
    I would hope Keller and Eichel will also be playing on the team.

  12. #212
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post

    Good news on Greenway. Can we bring Mike Grier in to teach him how to park in front of the net and gobble up rebounds?

    BU Hockey: The Past, Present, and Future
    Greenway can only dream about having the hands Grier had he was like butter. Still in my top 5 BU players of all time going back to '72

  13. #213
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Charlie's the next PK Subban! (I love the media in this town.)

    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/br...W6L/story.html
    It Happened!!!!

  14. #214
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jofa View Post
    Greenway can only dream about having the hands Grier had he was like butter. Still in my top 5 BU players of all time going back to '72
    True that, but still. He's gotta use is size more to his advantage.
    It Happened!!!!

  15. #215
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    258

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    The danger with Greenway being selected is that it makes him a prime candidate for the US Olympic team next year. While it has not been determined how the team will
    be selected one would think European players. college players and AHL ( if NHL permits) would be strong candidates.
    BU has others who would be in danger including Hickey
    Projections on next year need to await this process as the second semester would be lost for those players

  16. #216
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    674

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    The danger with Greenway being selected is that it makes him a prime candidate for the US Olympic team next year. While it has not been determined how the team will
    be selected one would think European players. college players and AHL ( if NHL permits) would be strong candidates.
    BU has others who would be in danger including Hickey
    Projections on next year need to await this process as the second semester would be lost for those players
    College players getting selected for Olympic teams is a great point that I hadn't considered. Thinking about it, Team Finland could potentially seriously wreck shop on BC.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  17. #217
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,218

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Charlie's the next PK Subban! (I love the media in this town.)

    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/br...W6L/story.html
    Well, Fluto IS a BU guy

    Surprised he didn't call him the next Bobby Orr

  18. #218
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,720

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    I would hope Keller and Eichel will also be playing on the team.
    I'm pretty sure that Eichel will not be playing, because he/the Sabres don't want him to. They don't want to risk injury and have him miss a chunk of another season.

    I don't know about Keller. Very possible. But the fact that he wasn't already named makes me wonder if he turned it down.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  19. #219
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,720

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Charlie's the next PK Subban! (I love the media in this town.)

    http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/br...W6L/story.html
    Mazz was trying to popularize the phrase "I've got a chummy for Charlie" on the Sports Hub yesterday.

    I am a little concerned that expectations have gone from low to astronomical in one night.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  20. #220
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,720

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Was fascinating watching mcavoy last night because i don't know how you could have predicted him playing 24 minutes and playing so well. I didn't see every BU game but i never saw that performance coming. Was he fully invested at BU? Guys around him couldn't keep up? Have no idea but **** he was impressive.
    I think Billy Jaffe hit it on the head when he said that keeping it simple was the key. Not trying to do too much. Just doing the basics.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •