Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 537

Thread: bu off-season - #1

  1. #141
    Shooooot!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    684

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jofa View Post
    And as Pierre Maquire just labeled him "Patrice Bergeron" funny how good guys are when you don't watch them play!
    They've been comparing him to Bergeron since the day he was drafted.

    Didn't get to see too much of the game today, but from what I could tell on the radio, JFK didn't see much ice time in the first two periods but was pretty involved in the third.

    Now, with Krug and Carlo out, everyone's talking about bringing McAvoy in. Why not Grzelcyk?
    Go BU!

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,348

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by smyler3 View Post
    They've been comparing him to Bergeron since the day he was drafted.

    Didn't get to see too much of the game today, but from what I could tell on the radio, JFK didn't see much ice time in the first two periods but was pretty involved in the third.

    Now, with Krug and Carlo out, everyone's talking about bringing McAvoy in. Why not Grzelcyk?
    This is from an article on ESPN:

    If the Bruins need reinforcements, they could recall Matt Grzelcyk or Tommy Cross from Providence of the AHL. The Bruins have until 5 p.m. Sunday to add Charlie McAvoy to the roster for the playoffs. However, if he signs an entry-level contract and plays, he will burn a year of eligibility on his contract, and it's unlikely the Bruins will take that chance and allow the former first-round pick (No. 14 overall) out of Boston University to reach free agency early.

  3. #143
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    436

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by smyler3 View Post
    They've been comparing him to Bergeron since the day he was drafted.

    Didn't get to see too much of the game today, but from what I could tell on the radio, JFK didn't see much ice time in the first two periods but was pretty involved in the third.

    Now, with Krug and Carlo out, everyone's talking about bringing McAvoy in. Why not Grzelcyk?
    Grzelcyk is much more ready than McAvoy. He not as big or as powerful a skater, but his instincts are much better, he moves the puck just as well, and he won't make the glaring errors that McAvoy has been prone to do, due to his inexperience.

  4. #144
    defkit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Shore, MA
    Posts
    2,717

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    McAvoy has singed his ELC. Looks like the brass felt he was the best option from Providence to help with the injuries to Krug and Carlo.

    Also saw a tweet that Eichel missed out on a $2m bonus by missing being in the Top 10 for PPG, by .01. Going scoreless in the last 2 games didn't help. But boy that is tough!
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Any Idea what the OOC schedule will look like next year ? going by the last couple of years - Seems like the Denver and Michigan trips this year were return trips for home games in 2015-16, as were the home games versus Harvard/Yale and QPAC .

    Besides Cornell @ MSG , any idea what the OOC opponents will be... H VS Colgate ? @ Sacred Heart ?

  6. #146
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    2,741

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Ken View Post
    Any Idea what the OOC schedule will look like next year ? going by the last couple of years - Seems like the Denver and Michigan trips this year were return trips for home games in 2015-16, as were the home games versus Harvard/Yale and QPAC .

    Besides Cornell @ MSG , any idea what the OOC opponents will be... H VS Colgate ? @ Sacred Heart ?
    Denver comes here for one, we don't play at Sacred Heart, we go to QU, I heard over the weekend in Chicago Mankato comes here for two (we're there in 18-19) and there's either two games @ASU or we're playing in the Desert Hockey Classic out there. There was talk in the schedules thread of a BU-Penn State series, but I haven't heard that elsewhere. The games above plus RHH and Beanpot total nine.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,250

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Denver comes here for one, we don't play at Sacred Heart, we go to QU, I heard over the weekend in Chicago Mankato comes here for two (we're there in 18-19) and there's either two games @ASU or we're playing in the Desert Hockey Classic out there. There was talk in the schedules thread of a BU-Penn State series, but I haven't heard that elsewhere. The games above plus RHH and Beanpot total nine.
    I heard @ Union is the 10th non-conference game. Open the regular season there.

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Drowning in PA School
    Posts
    968

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Any idea when Denver is slated to come in? Trying to travel more this season to see new teams, never saw Denver play before and it would be worth a quick train ride north.
    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  9. #149
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    2,741

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Any idea when Denver is slated to come in? Trying to travel more this season to see new teams, never saw Denver play before and it would be worth a quick train ride north.
    No idea, but all games between DU and BU and BC during this deal between the schools have been in October.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Well, incredibly, Charlie's first game as a Bruin will be in the PLAYOFFS. This could go either way. Hopefully it won't set him back. Quite a challenge, for sure!

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Well, incredibly, Charlie's first game as a Bruin will be in the PLAYOFFS. This could go either way. Hopefully it won't set him back. Quite a challenge, for sure!
    I can't believe the Bruins don't have more depth then that in their system. Grycz is much better, Cross is better. Huge mistake if they suit him up.

  12. #152
    The social ramble ain't restful
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,778

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Yeah, I caught that too. Joe had goal totals of 14, 21, and 28 through 3 seasons. I always wonder what that 90-91 team would have looked like with him back for his Senior year. Maybe that title game gets settled in regulation for the good guys.

    We hadn't had true NHL talent in some time, he was the first to bolt early that had a legit shot.
    Actually, I think Ron Anderson, Ric Jordan and Bob Brown were the first BU players to relinquish eligibility and leave for the pros. Anderson to the Capitals, Brown and Jordan to the first year WHA. Their departures followed the 1971-72 season.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

  13. #153
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    28,822

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Hmmmm.


  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    13,218

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    He'll bring in a top notch recruiting class no matter where he goes!

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Hmmmm.

    If you're an NHL team, why would you possibly target Quinn over Bazin?

  16. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,890

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    If you're an NHL team, why would you possibly target Quinn over Bazin?
    Quinn has AHL and NHL coaching experience for one.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Actually, I think Ron Anderson, Ric Jordan and Bob Brown were the first BU players to relinquish eligibility and leave for the pros. Anderson to the Capitals, Brown and Jordan to the first year WHA. Their departures followed the 1971-72 season.
    Followed by Mike Fidler and Bob Sunderland. Didn't Vic Stanfield leave early too

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, MA
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Jofa View Post
    I can't believe the Bruins don't have more depth then that in their system. Grycz is much better, Cross is better. Huge mistake if they suit him up.
    That may be, but according to Felger (98.5 The Sports Hub, not the "Felger" on the UNH thread), he is not only starting, but they are pairing him with CHARA!! That means the most minutes on the ice. I can see his point, though. If you're going to burn a year (they could have just left him in Providence and got him for three years), you're not going to play him seven minutes a game. If it doesn't work out, you drop him down to the third pair. Might as well see what he can do.

    And I'm not sure I agree that Gryz is "much better." Or, let's put it this way. I think Charlie has a greater "upside." And, let's face it, that's what they go by. You get your chance and either you impress or you don't. I'm afraid Gryz may be down there for a long time if Charlie turns out to be good.

  19. #159
    Blackhawks!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    BU Bandwagon, MA
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    8 years ago today. #Joy

    https://youtu.be/_-mBI7jEfVU
    It Happened!!!!

  20. #160
    2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    2,118

    Re: bu off-season - #1

    Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    That may be, but according to Felger (98.5 The Sports Hub, not the "Felger" on the UNH thread), he is not only starting, but they are pairing him with CHARA!! That means the most minutes on the ice.
    I just heard on the news that Chara is out for tomorrow's game.

    Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

    Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 4 guests)

  1. Rogie21,
  2. Rover

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •