bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Mookie is keeping a season ticket on the assumption that he will return at some point and keep his terrier points.
    Anyone therefore needs an extra ticket to get in or bring a friend give a shout and Mookie will forward his along for you to use.

You're welcome
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Rumor has it your boys will be in contention for the Stanley Cup.
      God Bless Us All.

That was last year.

In all seriousness, this team will be (well, should be) more balanced than last year. We've seen how DQ will go to 3 lines, even 2 if needed. And when you have Eichel or Keller, it's hard to blame him. But most teams need a 4th line that can eat up minutes, wear down the other team's stars, and pit a handful of goals in the process. And a 3rd line that isn't a huge drop off from the 2nd line. I think this team has a good shot of accomplishing both of these things. Of course, you never know if there may be a Sabo or Bellows in the group that doesn't live up to expectations (fair or not).

I REALLY wish that Sweeney had kept his mitts of JFK (mostly because I don't think he is going to play much in Boston this year). Having him AND Bowers as two very good two way centers would have made us a very tough team to play against. But even so, I think this team has the potential to win some hardware. I think the keys are 1) Oettinger staying healthy 2) the freshmen d not having more than one that struggles and 3) as I mentioned above, a consistent 4th line.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Mookie is keeping a season ticket on the assumption that he will return at some point and keep his terrier points.
        Anyone therefore needs an extra ticket to get in or bring a friend give a shout and Mookie will forward his along for you to use.

You're welcome
        Good to know. Since I sometimes go solo, I will likely be in touch.

Comment

Hey, where's BUTogether? Really miss that guy. Want me to go get him?
          Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
            Hey, where's BUTogether? Really miss that guy. Want me to go get him?
            I'm not sure we've seen him since Charlie showed the NHL world that he might have some skill after all.

The d depth chart hasn't gotten any easier for Switzer - I wonder who the whipping boy will be this year.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              That was last year.

In all seriousness, this team will be (well, should be) more balanced than last year. We've seen how DQ will go to 3 lines, even 2 if needed. And when you have Eichel or Keller, it's hard to blame him. But most teams need a 4th line that can eat up minutes, wear down the other team's stars, and pit a handful of goals in the process. And a 3rd line that isn't a huge drop off from the 2nd line. I think this team has a good shot of accomplishing both of these things. Of course, you never know if there may be a Sabo or Bellows in the group that doesn't live up to expectations (fair or not).
              A key to establishing that productive third line will be keeping Nik Olsson healthy. He played only 31 games over the past two season. While not a high-end finisher, Olsson is exceptional at separating defensemen from pucks. Put him out regularly with a skill guy like Crone (who has impressed in early practices) and perhaps speedy newcomer Melanson (his references from the RPI thread were, save one, very positive) and BU just may have a third line that‘s productive.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              I REALLY wish that Sweeney had kept his mitts of JFK (mostly because I don't think he is going to play much in Boston this year). Having him AND Bowers as two very good two way centers would have made us a very tough team to play against. But even so, I think this team has the potential to win some hardware. I think the keys are 1) Oettinger staying healthy 2) the freshmen d not having more than one that struggles and 3) as I mentioned above, a consistent 4th line.
              What ifs don’t do anyone any good, but JFK’s departure left a bad taste because Sweeney lured him into signing by allowing him to burn a year off his ELC with a one-game appearance for the Bruins. Hope he has a great camp and makes the Bs’ roster, but I won’t be surprised if other prospects, like Anders Bjork and AHL scoring champ Kenny Agostino, are deemed more ready for prime time.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by roughemup View Post
                hey, where's butogether? Really miss that guy. Want me to go get him?
                rip
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                  A key to establishing that productive third line will be keeping Nik Olsson healthy. He played only 31 games over the past two season. While not a high-end finisher, Olsson is exceptional at separating defensemen from pucks. Put him out regularly with a skill guy like Crone (who has impressed in early practices) and perhaps speedy newcomer Melanson (his references from the RPI thread were, save one, very positive) and BU just may have a third line that‘s productive.

What ifs don’t do anyone any good, but JFK’s departure left a bad taste because Sweeney lured him into signing by allowing him to burn a year off his ELC with a one-game appearance for the Bruins. Hope he has a great camp and makes the Bs’ roster, but I won’t be surprised if other prospects, like Anders Bjork and AHL scoring champ Kenny Agostino, are deemed more ready for prime time.
                  I think Bjork is going to have a huge year. They've been lumping him in with the other prospects on talk radio, but I think he is going to be far and away the best rookie forward for the B's, and will be a consistent 2nd/3rd liner.

I think JFK needs a season in Providence, and then next year he may be ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post

I think JFK needs a season in Providence, and then next year he may be ready.
                    I think JFK will be centering the third line by the midpoint of the season. Sweeney wants to sell Spooner, JFK was signed to give him the flexibility to do it.
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                      I think JFK will be centering the third line by the midpoint of the season. Sweeney wants to sell Spooner, JFK was signed to give him the flexibility to do it.
                      I hope you are right.

Comment

Brady Tkachuk joins Jack Eichel as Terriers named Player of the Game in the All-American Prospects Game. GWG and an assist in Team Leetch's 6-5 win.
                        https://***********/usahockey/status/911051349747306496
                        http://www.allamericanprospectsgame....rrer_id=641365
                        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

We're screwed if something happens to Oettinger, right?

I'll admit, bench scouting is not my strong suit, but are Lynch and Prawdzik anything more than practice and mop-up duty fodder?
                          Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by smyler3 View Post

I'll admit, bench scouting is not my strong suit, but are Lynch and Prawdzik anything more than practice and mop-up duty fodder?
                            Prawdzik is way, way better than Lynch. He was recruited by a few lower level Hockey East and ECAC schools out of Brooks. He preferred BU even if less playing time.
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post

I mean, most hockey teams are screwed if their starting goalie gets hurt. Unless you're going to platoon (which would make recruiting someone of Jake's caliber very, very difficult) you are inherently running that risk. If Joe Woll gets hurt BC is *really* screwed, if Tyler Wall gets hurt Lowell is screwed, etc. But Prawdzik put up good numbers in his NAHL season last year, so he's a serviceable backup.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

What are the odds Oettinger goes to the Olympics?

Comment

Working...
                                X