bu off-season - #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Well, incredibly, Charlie's first game as a Bruin will be in the PLAYOFFS. This could go either way. Hopefully it won't set him back. Quite a challenge, for sure!
    I can't believe the Bruins don't have more depth then that in their system. Grycz is much better, Cross is better. Huge mistake if they suit him up.

Comment

• Re: bu off-season - #1

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      Yeah, I caught that too. Joe had goal totals of 14, 21, and 28 through 3 seasons. I always wonder what that 90-91 team would have looked like with him back for his Senior year. Maybe that title game gets settled in regulation for the good guys.

We hadn't had true NHL talent in some time, he was the first to bolt early that had a legit shot.
      Actually, I think Ron Anderson, Ric Jordan and Bob Brown were the first BU players to relinquish eligibility and leave for the pros. Anderson to the Capitals, Brown and Jordan to the first year WHA. Their departures followed the 1971-72 season.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Hmmmm.

Comment

He'll bring in a top notch recruiting class no matter where he goes!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Hmmmm.

If you're an NHL team, why would you possibly target Quinn over Bazin?
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              If you're an NHL team, why would you possibly target Quinn over Bazin?
              Quinn has AHL and NHL coaching experience for one.

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                Actually, I think Ron Anderson, Ric Jordan and Bob Brown were the first BU players to relinquish eligibility and leave for the pros. Anderson to the Capitals, Brown and Jordan to the first year WHA. Their departures followed the 1971-72 season.
                Followed by Mike Fidler and Bob Sunderland. Didn't Vic Stanfield leave early too

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  I can't believe the Bruins don't have more depth then that in their system. Grycz is much better, Cross is better. Huge mistake if they suit him up.
                  That may be, but according to Felger (98.5 The Sports Hub, not the "Felger" on the UNH thread), he is not only starting, but they are pairing him with CHARA!! That means the most minutes on the ice. I can see his point, though. If you're going to burn a year (they could have just left him in Providence and got him for three years), you're not going to play him seven minutes a game. If it doesn't work out, you drop him down to the third pair. Might as well see what he can do.

And I'm not sure I agree that Gryz is "much better." Or, let's put it this way. I think Charlie has a greater "upside." And, let's face it, that's what they go by. You get your chance and either you impress or you don't. I'm afraid Gryz may be down there for a long time if Charlie turns out to be good.

Comment

8 years ago today. #Joy

https://youtu.be/_-mBI7jEfVU
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      That may be, but according to Felger (98.5 The Sports Hub, not the "Felger" on the UNH thread), he is not only starting, but they are pairing him with CHARA!! That means the most minutes on the ice.
                      I just heard on the news that Chara is out for tomorrow's game.

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        8 years ago today. #Joy

My wife and I were SO DOWN, the guy behind us put his hands on both our shoulders and said, "It's not over yet." We didn't have a good feeling anyway...struggled in Manchester against UNH and didn't play well against Vermont on Thursday, either. So when it got to 3-1 we were just completely deflated. To go from that to total exhilaration in one minute was an unforgettable experience. I just don't see how anything will ever top it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                          8 years ago today. #Joy

2 years ago today though.
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                            A place where UML's never been?

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                              Aww, so cute. Because I know you would rather be IN a national championship final and lose in excruciating fashion than never actually being in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                A place where UML's never been?
                                Excellent burn.
                                Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X