Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86

Thread: UND Players finding new schools

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    162

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    He hasn't won an Olympic Gold Medal, he's just a dude. MJ is a MAN.
    The Dude abides.

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    He hasn't won an Olympic Gold Medal, he's just a dude. MJ is a MAN.
    Number of Nattys the last six years: Dude 4 Man 0.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-25-2017 at 09:57 PM.

  3. #43
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,768

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
    Number of Nattys the last six years: Dude 4 Man 0.
    You haven't accomplished anything unless you scored on a commie.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    You haven't accomplished anything unless you scored on a commie.
    So now you're an expert on the political affiliation of the MIAC goalies in the 1990's?

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,484

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    He hasn't won an Olympic Gold Medal, he's just a dude. MJ is a MAN.
    By that stunted yardstick there are not many men in the world, including you. Mine is in air rifle

  6. #46
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,768

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    By that stunted yardstick there are not many men in the world, including you. Mine is in air rifle
    Well then a tip of the hat to ya, hopefully you were shooting for the US if it was in international competition. Mine is from weightlifting. I beat some Bulgarian dude in 1976.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Sorry to interupt the 17 of you.
    As the thread is titled UND players finding new schools.
    Thought it might get back on track.

    Houston to Duluth
    Stanley to BU
    Dahlquist to Ohio State

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by EPIC97 View Post
    Sorry to interupt the 17 of you.
    As the thread is titled UND players finding new schools.
    Thought it might get back on track.

    Houston to Duluth
    Stanley to BU
    Dahlquist to Ohio State
    Thank you! Now let's stay on topic.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,196

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by EPIC97 View Post
    Houston to Duluth
    If this is correct, I think I like it.

    No announcement on UMD's site yet.

    But there's this...

    http://www.wdio.com/sports/womens-co...ldogs/4465458/
    Last edited by Blackbeard; 04-26-2017 at 11:20 PM.

  10. #50
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,768

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by EPIC97 View Post
    Sorry to interupt the 17 of you.
    As the thread is titled UND players finding new schools.
    Thought it might get back on track.

    Houston to Duluth
    I thought this was a thread about UND players finding new schools, not a thread about epically long road trips. I've got one, Stanley (CA) to Boston.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    9

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I thought this was a thread about UND players finding new schools, not a thread about epically long road trips. I've got one, Stanley (CA) to Boston.
    Stanley is from St Louis

  12. #52
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,768

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by upfromtheminors View Post
    Stanley is from St Louis
    That kinda flew right over your noggin.....that's ok.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Isolated in the mid west
    Posts
    22

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by EPIC97 View Post
    Sorry to interupt the 17 of you.
    As the thread is titled UND players finding new schools.
    Thought it might get back on track.

    Dahlquist to Ohio State
    Interesting. 14 forwards at OSU next year. With a D transferring out and another that could be centralized I wonder if some of the forwards can play defense?

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    318

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Did they not play with 9 forwards last year, 2 were seniors which leaves them with 7. How many incoming?

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Isolated in the mid west
    Posts
    22

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Did they not play with 9 forwards last year, 2 were seniors which leaves them with 7. How many incoming?
    8 returning F. 5 incoming F (4 commits, 1 transfer) plus UND player. Makes 14.

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    That kinda flew right over your noggin.....that's ok.
    That's for sure. Almost everyone knows Stanley originally resided in Montreal in 1893. Boston is out for a possible residence this year, but St Louis is still in the running. Stanley hasn't resided in CA since 2014 though, so I'm not sure where you came up with that starting point. Stanley could travel to one of seven different cities or just might decide to stay in Pittsburgh which would save on travel expenses. Shouldn't all of this Stanley discussion be on an NHL forum?

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    8 returning F. 5 incoming F (4 commits, 1 transfer) plus UND player. Makes 14.
    Transfer and UND player not one and the same?

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    In a rink near you
    Posts
    37

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Transfer and UND player not one and the same?
    Transfer is from Harvard.

    I feel bad for UND players but I also feel bad for a few girls who are being cut to make room for them. I know of at least 3 girls who have been cut from their teams and have headed back to Canada to play CIS to free up spots/money for UND players.

    Between the UND program cut and what other teams are doing to their players to make room, this is when it really dawns on you that NCAA sports is a lot more of a business than an institution for higher learning. Its all about winning for some coaches with very little compassion for players.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    987
    Quote Originally Posted by crutch View Post
    Transfer is from Harvard.

    I feel bad for UND players but I also feel bad for a few girls who are being cut to make room for them. I know of at least 3 girls who have been cut from their teams and have headed back to Canada to play CIS to free up spots/money for UND players.

    Between the UND program cut and what other teams are doing to their players to make room, this is when it really dawns on you that NCAA sports is a lot more of a business than an institution for higher learning. Its all about winning for some coaches with very little compassion for players.
    I think that's because coaching IS their business. It's their livelihood. It's how they pay their bills, etc. If they don't perform well in their jobs they won't get a raise or they might get fired so that's a lot of pressure. Sounds like any other job in any other business to me. It's not travel hockey anymore kids!
    Last edited by shelfit; 04-28-2017 at 09:12 AM.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    313

    Re: UND Players finding new schools

    Quote Originally Posted by crutch View Post

    I know of at least 3 girls who have been cut from their teams to free up spots/money for UND players.
    What school / coach?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •