Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceburg View Post
    Ashton Bell to Duluth
    Duluth must be making changes to their current roster or de committing to incoming recruits with the recent additions of Bell and Houston.

Comment

Re: UND Players finding new schools

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
      Duluth must be making changes to their current roster or de committing to incoming recruits with the recent additions of Bell and Houston.
      Not just Duluth. Happening at a number of other schools. Players being cut outright or removal of scholarships to help nudge out.

Even heard Ohio State is having tryouts in August to make cuts.

Its one of the issues with schools committing players earlier and earlier. Only way to make room is to either cut or de commit.

Comment

Originally posted by dd17 View Post
        Not just Duluth. Happening at a number of other schools. Players being cut outright or removal of scholarships to help nudge out.

Even heard Ohio State is having tryouts in August to make cuts.

Its one of the issues with schools committing players earlier and earlier. Only way to make room is to either cut or de commit.
        Tryouts in August?! Might be just a total violation of NCAA rules but go ahead and believe what you heard.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
          Tryouts in August?! Might be just a total violation of NCAA rules but go ahead and believe what you heard.
          Forgive me for the newbie question (my daughter plays D3): how do scholarships work? I thought once a school commits to a player then they're on the hook for the full 4 years regardless?

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
            Forgive me for the newbie question (my daughter plays D3): how do scholarships work? I thought once a school commits to a player then they're on the hook for the full 4 years regardless?
            Don't know if things have changed (others here should know) but 10 years ago scholarships were for one year at a time even though the misconception existed that they were for 4 years. They were mostly renewed every year for the 3 following years unless the student/athlete did something to derail the process.

Once the NLI (National Letter of Intent) was signed the school was committed and could not "decommit". But that doesn't stop some programs from attempting to persuade the student/athlete in certain circumstances to commit to something in writing that would give the program a loophole to cut the student/athlete loose, as unethical and despicable as it may be.

Comment

"unethical and despicable" I know you didn't mean this, but it does make for a interesting acronym. UND!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                Don't know if things have changed (others here should know) but 10 years ago scholarships were for one year at a time even though the misconception existed that they were for 4 years. They were mostly renewed every year for the 3 following years unless the student/athlete did something to derail the process.
                This changed in 2014. NCAA D1 schools now have the option of guaranteeing scholarships for all four years, though they don't have to. I don't know what women's hockey schools guarantee, other than that all Big 10 schools are required to guarantee scholarships for four years in all sports.

Comment

Sophomore Breanna Berndsen is going to University of Toronto

Comment

I believe Emma Nuutinen is the player with the most upside on the UND team. Not sure what her status is but she would definitely be a key addition to any team.

Comment

I believe Emma Nuutinen is the player with the most upside on the UND team. Not sure what her status is but she would definitely be a key addition to any team.
                      Agree. With it being an Olympic year maybe she plans to stay in Finland?

Comment

Saw on Twitter that Freshman goalie and the only ND native on the 16-17 roster Kennedy Blair lands at Mercyhurst.

Also, this article has a compilation: http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=106712

It says 7 16-17 players and 6 commits remaining without a known destination.
                        Last edited by Scott_TG; 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Taylor Flaherty to UVM
                          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
                          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mikkelsen was a freshman, does this mean that she has 4 year's eligibility in Canada?
                              Yes. Would have years of remaining eligibility. And if I'm not mistaken, the one year sit rule that used to be in place when going from NCAA to CIS no longer exists.

Comment

This took a while.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X