http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-womens-hockey

I am amazed.

Comment

Re: REPORT: North Dakota cutting women's hockey

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
      Grand Forks Herald says it is a done deal:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-womens-hockey

I am amazed.
      I sure hope this proves to be just an isolated incident and not the start of a trend. I feel so sorry for the players...
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

$#!%

Didn't expect that one.

Comment

To add insult to injury, North Dakota had one woman commit over the weekend (she tweeted it), and TODAY had a player land at 12:30 CDT at the airport for a recruiting visit to North Dakota, according to Brad Schlossman, whom I trust. You CANNOT make this crap up. North Dakota administration is a bunch of idiots
          "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            God I would sure hope it wouldn't be for next season, what would the girls on the team do? Can you even apply to transfer this late in the year?
            There will be so many players leaving that I doubt they would be able to field a competitive team.

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
              To add insult to injury, North Dakota had one woman commit over the weekend (she tweeted it), and TODAY had a player land at 12:30 CDT at the airport for a recruiting visit to North Dakota, according to Brad Schlossman, whom I trust. You CANNOT make this crap up. North Dakota administration is a bunch of idiots
              Wow! Sad state. Definitely not the way to conduct things.

Comment

Amy Menke
                @AmyMenke
                Headline in the Grand Forks Herald, yet we are all still sitting here waiting to be told that it is official. Awesome job @UNDsports
                Man, NoDak looks terrible here.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Man, NoDak looks terrible here.
                  Gracen Hirschy has a tweet of the team on the ice today

https://***********/ghirschy06

Comment

Shane Gersich
                    @shane_gersich9
                    They call UND a hockey school for a reason... that includes men's and women's. #Ridiculous
                    Current sophomore on the men's team; that is an impressive tweet.

Comment

Hearing that this is effective immediately and NoDak will not field a team for the upcoming season.

Comment

Hearing that this is effective immediately and NoDak will not field a team for the upcoming season.
                        Awful news all around. What does that mean for their players and players at other programs who may be out of their spot if their current team brings in a former North Dakota player? Does this turn into musical chairs between now and next fall or will the ND players not be able to find a home for 2017-18 and sit until 2018-19?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                          Awful news all around. What does that mean for their players and players at other programs who may be out of their spot if their current team brings in a former North Dakota player? Does this turn into musical chairs between now and next fall or will the ND players not be able to find a home for 2017-18 and sit until 2018-19?
                          The players will be able to transfer for this coming season, but I imagine scholarships will be few and far between at this point.

As for musical chairs with players losing spots due to NoDak players transferring in -- I'm guessing that'll be a problem, yeah.

Comment

Official now per the press release -- team has been cut effective at the end of the '16-'17 academic year, so they will not field a team next season:

https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...86562697842688

Comment

The players will be able to transfer for this coming season, but I imagine scholarships will be few and far between at this point.

As for musical chairs with players losing spots due to NoDak players transferring in -- I'm guessing that'll be a problem, yeah.
                              Not only that, they would need to redshirt a year first if they transfer to another WCHA team. Eastern teams could get a jolt.

Comment

Official now per the press release -- team has been cut effective at the end of the '16-'17 academic year, so they will not field a team next season:

https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...86562697842688
                                First they change their name to something lame like the Fighting Hawks and now this?! This is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X